Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:41 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Switch - Application

Quote:
switch (n) - 1. a slender, flexible shoot, rod, etc., used esp. in whipping or disciplining.
Yes, I can be a pain in the ass, but no, that's not who I am. What I am, though, is Switch, the person noun, not the thing noun. I'm known around the Graal community as either a developer, Events Member, cool person, or, by a select few, a pain in the ass. [/pun]

When I was about 10 my friend and I were looking for some cool MMORPGs, and we saw Graal and gave it a try. He didn't like it too much, but I was... big time. I've been playing ever since that day because of the community (dieing, might I add), and for developing.

I currently have no job and I'm not expecting to get one for 1 or 2 years. With that said, the only thing getting in between me and Graal at all is school, friends, or being on a trip.

Servers, in my point of view, needs a big time change up. Some of the better servers/playerworlds never make it to hosted, usually because lack of staff. Before I get into my idea, it's necassery to understand another thing: current Hosted/Classic playerworlds. "Why do I need to know this?" Well, quite simply put, they aren't at all what they used to be, which was questing and having a fun time. Now they're just "PK PK PK! OMGROFL HE DIED ROFL PK PK PLX!" That's not why I was attracted to Graal, but because it was supposed to be about questing. Well, where's the quests!?
I think that it shouldn't be on the size of the overworld and such, like I've heard it is, or "1/2 hour playability", but the actual STORY behind the server. When I say story, I mean plot. Quality, of course, should also be considered.
So with those out of the way, non-played worlds on classic/hosted should also be removed for "spacing it up", as I call it, and to get more staff for better playerworlds.

As I've said, I've never had a real job. I've only worked with people on Graal. Places like Symphonia, Zone and Zodiac are just a few. I've seen maybe 20 come and go, meaning I worked there.

I always take different sides into consideration. I always look ahead BEFORE looking at the present. I also try to think around something. Imagine walking towards a swinging door that never stops, and neither can you. Well, I break that control and stop before the swinging door, then find a way into the doorway without getting hit. Metaphor, metaphor, what can we do without?

If you've read this far, I'm going to take a guess that you like my application. Well, not only is the application me, but also my personality. I have a personality you can't forget. Sometimes you can't love it, but sometimes you would, but it would always stay there. I can be kidsy and mess up some times, but hey, I'm human.

Thanks for at least taking the time to read this. Hope you pick someone worthy of the position.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.

Last edited by Switch; 03-04-2008 at 11:51 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 05:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
So with those out of the way, non-played worlds on classic/hosted should also be removed for "spacing it up", as I call it.
I agree, make room for more of the better unknown servers.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I'd agree, but who's to decide which servers are better? Also, they pay for the server and enjoy making it, why should it bother you?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I'd agree, but who's to decide which servers are better? Also, they pay for the server and enjoy making it, why should it bother you?
He means taking servers off of classic/hosted which don't do anything or have low player count, not completely removing the servers.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Finished
PaperMario is on a distinguished road
PWA is a huge responsibility. To be honest Switch, I really don't think you're mature enough to handle PWA.

I wonder why TSAdmin hasn't applied yet..
Old 03-04-2008, 05:49 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperMario View Post
PWA is a huge responsibility. To be honest Switch, I really don't think you're mature enough to handle PWA.

Busy managing Era I would suppose.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperMario View Post

I'm on it, babe

<3 Switch
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
No offense switch but i dont think you're just ready for PWA right now.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Guys, Don't just say "You are not right for the job", or such.
If you have something to say, give constructive reasons for what you say.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Well, I think you should answer more of the questions from this thread: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=78925
Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 PM
o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Well, I think you should answer more of the questions from this thread: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=78925
I secretly did
If you read through it completely, you'd find that I did. I didn't use the exact wording, so I didn't copy, but I did answer it all.

Last edited by Switch; 03-04-2008 at 11:52 PM..
Old 03-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Guys, Don't just say "You are not right for the job", or such.
If you have something to say, give constructive reasons for what you say.
No offense to you, but that is really a fine response. What if he really just isn't "that kinda guy..." in people's minds? Editting an application or re-submitting one would look sloppy anyways.

I'm not going to give any opinion on other's applications, it's stupid, I just wanted to point that out. So this was in no means at all anything against or even for Switch.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:44 AM
o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
No offense to you, but that is really a fine response. What if he really just isn't "that kinda guy..." in people's minds? Editting an application or re-submitting one would look sloppy anyways.
Is this using a real job application for a real job? No.
Are there any smudge marks? Didn't think so.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
zzzzz
foxboi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
He means taking servers off of classic/hosted which don't do anything or have low player count, not completely removing the servers.
Having a low playercount doesn't neccesarily mean that the server isn't doing anything progress-wise.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxboi View Post
Having a low playercount doesn't neccesarily mean that the server isn't doing anything progress-wise.
I never said that was what it meant, I was just clarifying what he said