Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 01:34 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
A set resolution

I thought about that. The fact that any player can change Graal's resolution to whatever they want kills quite a lot of possibilities. There could be a serveroptions servers can use if they want to. Something like setresolution=800*600.
I think that would be an awesome feature.
Just to clear things up, this would basically change the resolution when loggin onto this server, but not change the graalconfig.txt file, so it will go back to your normal one after you go somewhere else or something. Also, you wouldnt be able to change the resolution while this option is enabled.

Edit: And no, dont tell me to change GraalControl.width and GraalControl.height. It wouldnt make the window bigger if its to small, and just looks friggin ugly if its to big.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I thought about that. The fact that any player can change Graal's resolution to whatever they want kills quite a lot of possibilities. There could be a serveroptions servers can use if they want to. Something like setresolution=800*600.
I think that would be an awesome feature.
Just to clear things up, this would basically change the resolution when loggin onto this server, but not change the graalconfig.txt file, so it will go back to your normal one after you go somewhere else or something. Also, you wouldnt be able to change the resolution while this option is enabled.

Edit: And no, dont tell me to change GraalControl.width and GraalControl.height. It wouldnt make the window bigger if its to small, and just looks friggin ugly if its to big.
Various different Graal players use various different screen resolutions. There are people probably still using 800x600 who don't want their entire screen taken up, as well as people who are using 1600x1200 who want to use more of their screen.

I don't think it's a good idea.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:59 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Various different Graal players use various different screen resolutions. There are people probably still using 800x600 who don't want their entire screen taken up, as well as people who are using 1600x1200 who want to use more of their screen.

I don't think it's a good idea.
I think it is. Currently, it's impossible to create actually good atmosphere if you are going for a roleplaying server. You dont have a set size for lets say fighting backgrounds or anything else.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:39 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I understand the need for it, but I don't think it is a good idea . Just suggest a optimal resolution for the players. The players who would stick to the server even though it forced a particular resolution are more likely to go with the suggested resolution. At the same time, you won't lose players who leave the server because they do not like having their screen resolution changed every time they log on.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:02 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
You can always check their screensize and warp give them a message saying you won't allow them to play over a certain resolution. I don't see that flying over too well. There's just too many problems I think with forced resolutions, no matter how cool I think it'd be.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:48 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
You can always check their screensize and warp give them a message saying you won't allow them to play over a certain resolution. I don't see that flying over too well. There's just too many problems I think with forced resolutions, no matter how cool I think it'd be.
PHP Code:
$pref::video::fullscreenmode
$pref
::video::resolution 

for those who need