Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 04:00 AM
Ceasar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
suggestion; merge pc era and iera together already
i have been wanting this, iera is missing the party dungeon content, and era has better mining, mystery coin/ chest system. i would surely play iera more often if it was playable or merged with era on the pc client.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:12 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Why not remove k/d or any show that someone is better and just have it based on word of mouth. That way if you're good you're good and everyone knows, if you suck you just suck.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:21 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Why not remove k/d or any show that someone is better and just have it based on word of mouth. That way if you're good you're good and everyone knows, if you suck you just suck.
Yeah, I think it should only display kills, for at least some sort of recognition for your effort. People care about deaths way too much.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Removing deaths and K/D from profiles is a positive move.
Removing the elo system is a positive move.

It encourages people to raid more, spar more and die more.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Not saying you wouldn't have done a good job, but nothing would be game changing. Era's been the same for years and it's not going to change. The same things have been said forever ago, nothing I am reading really surprises me. The only player jump rise Era gets (lasts tops 1 week) is when there is a new manager or some shiz.

I'm sure you can find this exact post aged 5+ years ago by a ton of players, nothing new is being said. We all know this
Era has been the same way for years because the same system never changes. It's the same because nobody does nothing to change it.

We need active staff members who get involved with the players, host special events, kick start raids give them changes even if it's not a massive change even the little ones count.

You don't even realize how much a little change can have an impact on era. Nobody is asking for major development changes, they just want something to do. Give them a reason to raid, they haven't had a reason?? Still waiting for one.

No objectives to nothing, so what's the point of doing anything?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude956 View Post
From what I understand (Andy could comment on this a lot more than I), iEra is coded quite a bit differently. I know for a fact it runs higher than 20 FPS, which is already a huge difference both for development and player experience. For instance, this allows a huge diversity in weapon statistics, since stats freeze, sleep, etc are not limited to .05 of a second increments (1 divided by 20 FPS = .05 in case you didn't know where that limitation comes from).
And apart from guns, every script on PC Era relies on the fact that the game runs at 20 FPS. I don't know how easy it would be to port things over to iEra
This isn't true? All the iphone servers are on the same maxed out FPS as the normal servers. However iEra is indeed scripted differently. Snk/Andy scripted a huge portion of not all of it from scratch. It's much more efficent than era pc. So it lags alot less, the only reason it does lag it maintains over 3000 players at times.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-15-2015, 05:59 PM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
This isn't true? All the iphone servers are on the same maxed out FPS as the normal servers. However iEra is indeed scripted differently. Snk/Andy scripted a huge portion of not all of it from scratch. It's much more efficent than era pc. So it lags alot less, the only reason it does lag it maintains over 3000 players at times.
Ah, apologies, I was under the impression it ran at a higher frame rate. It's obviously an impressive feat that iEra lags as little as it does when it has thousands of players at a time. Though I do wonder how much of that has to do with the quality of the servers iEra uses compared to PC. I have no idea about that.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
We should go back to the system before they started counting gang points, im not saying remove gang points but don't focus so much on the whole "P" menu.

i liked how the old party system building used to display all the information
Old 02-16-2015, 02:45 AM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
I agree with Eclipse. Why not give the old system one last chance? It's not like we have anything to lose.

1) Two gangs, lead by Souls vs Dusk/Corey (plenty of personal conflict and drama.)
2) Old gang bases.
3) Rank ups should be earned not handed out.
4) Access to MVP gang guns based on Rank, limited access as well.
5) Old party system returned, allow ANYONE to raid, gang member or not.

There's too much focus on control and order with our current system, it should be frustrating and chaotic. I miss being mauled by 8 random newbs with Uzis after defending a base against 10 gang members coming from all doors.

Also this random spawn thing is just awful.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:23 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, it's just rush die rush die, there's no planning or anything. If you're defending you should get a chance to heal to continue defending the base. With this most deaths are from just random warp next to you with 0 hp and you die.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:07 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Should max heal you if you can take out the opposing gang.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:24 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
suggestion; make a better betting system, betflipping is boring, I wanted to see how long it would take me to lose all of my money; result was;

well it took less than 24 hours to lose every single dollar in my bank through betflipping, had a few good laughs a long the way letting other people call for me, good job to koho though for not losing a single flip while I was asleep, that was impressive, atleast you're decent at something I suppose
Old 02-16-2015, 08:30 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Go betflip the NPC. I think odds are like 65/35?
Old 02-16-2015, 02:10 PM
All i see is the same old ideas being tossed up i still fail to see any objectives to raiding.

Why raid, raid for what? What are you getting out of it? What are you winning?

Bragging rights don't exist anymore.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
All i see is the same old ideas being tossed up i still fail to see any objectives to raiding.

Why raid, raid for what? What are you getting out of it? What are you winning?

Bragging rights don't exist anymore.
Would be great if there was certain perks people benefited from raids. Such as Guild Perks, that stay active as long as your holding that specific spot. Would make people raid a lot more often.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]