Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
New accounts

Heard a rumor, tried something out...excuse me, but why did you disable the option to choose your own account name? Not sure if you can maybe choose it when buying a subscription, I just made a trial account. But thats not though out too well.
I mean, if it stays like that even if you buy a subscription, what about the damn forums?o.O
Old 07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Ruler of the graalaxy
JkWhoSaysNi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to JkWhoSaysNi
Well I wanted to change my account name last time I had to upgrade but all the good account names are gone anyway.

They should delete any account names which haven't been used in a year and don't have any subscription or lifetime classic.

Seems kinda stupid if you can't even choose an account name now.

edit: Actually it looks like email addresses are account names now.

Coming soon (Hopefully:P)
Old 07-14-2007, 09:24 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Log on, you will get Graal<pcid> as an account if I didnt misunderstand that.

Last edited by Crow; 07-14-2007 at 09:39 PM..
Old 07-14-2007, 09:45 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
That has to be the stupidest update yet. Good job
Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
The only thing about accounts i want changed is being able to have more than one account for a e-mail. Because i have two accounts and i don't like logging on different e-mails to check stuff for it. Sounds lazy but you know it stinks having to create a new e-mail if you want a new account. Just saying !

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:39 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Yeah, Zero found this on his server before v5 was even announced

And needless to say we were confused.

But yeah, it seems a very bad idea to remove the ability to chose your own account name and to replace it with your email...

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 07-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post

But yeah, it seems a very bad idea to remove the ability to chose your own account name and to replace it with your email...
i was killing that guy on zone. ive been seeing loads of people called "graal963958" etc...whats the deal?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 PM
jetboom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post

I think the point of it is to centralize the database and user name system. Maybe right now it doesn't mean anything but in the future we will see why everything ties to our email instead of account.

The only issue is if you run a playerworld and account off the same email, How will you login?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
People who login as 'Guest' on the client need some form of identification. Thus it uses pcid.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You can choose your community name in the profile on the website. That community name is displayed on the playerlist and is used for the forums and wiki.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:11 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You can choose your community name in the profile on the website. That community name is displayed on the playerlist and is used for the forums and wiki.
I know, I know...but I think the overall idea is not good, because you have no damn idea who the hell is who if you are checking accounts. Like you hover over one of the 14 'unknown's in your friendlist to check who you actually wanna meet and 6 of them actually say something like Graal123456 or pc:123456...thats just not cool o.O
Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Ruler of the graalaxy
JkWhoSaysNi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to JkWhoSaysNi
The community name is the account name. From what I understand, the community name is what will appear in the playerlist and such when it's been set.

Coming soon (Hopefully:P)
Old 07-16-2007, 02:54 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
That would be good, but its said you can change it at any time (?), so that sounds a bit impossible.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfKenshin View Post
The only thing about accounts i want changed is being able to have more than one account for a e-mail. Because i have two accounts and i don't like logging on different e-mails to check stuff for it. Sounds lazy but you know it stinks having to create a new e-mail if you want a new account. Just saying !
i used to think all lazy like that but then i made a greenshard acc email my bros editeed version of gmail and i have greenshard forward to gmail because i only check gmail
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradigger View Post
i used to think all lazy like that but then i made a greenshard acc email my bros editeed version of gmail and i have greenshard forward to gmail because i only check gmail
English please
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Closed Thread