Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010, 07:14 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Reading these threads are very painful to me. It's rather backwards the way some of you people treat developers and potential developers on these forums. Some of these people are just posting their work asking for constructive criticism, and all you do is tell them how bad it is and shoot them down unless the person who posted it is your friend or well-known.

You people constantly complain about the state of decline on Graal. Have you ever wondered if you're partly to blame? What if you guys are helping to drive away some developers who could be potentially developing. Why don't you take some of that negative energy and use it to do something productive.

I have seen, for one of many examples, thepimp do nothing wrong to this community, yet everyone enjoys picking very harshly at his work. When he brings it up, clearly upset over it, everyone just continues to pick at him and tell him "tough luck, this is the internet kid." It's this kind of attitude that drives people away from posting here and prevents people from actually improving their work.

Just by posting a few of his (beginner) graphical works, he has shown more initiative and promise than some of the people who are hounding him over it. This is supposed to be a development community; we are all supposed to work together to build Graal together. That's how it has always been. It's time to face it: Graal is not going to just magically build itself, and it needs help from the community to continue going.

I know countless people who refuse to come onto the forums simply because of the negative atmosphere that is on here. The forums are supposed to be a communication center on which everyone can collaborate together and create projects.

It's time that some of you just bite your tongue and not say anything if you can't say something nice or constructive, especially when it comes to developing- the one thing that has kept Graal alive.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-03-2010, 07:26 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Then obviously you missed the part where thepimp immediately assumed everything negative was hostile and personal rather than just less-than-helpful criticism. The first thing he posted was a tree, and I told him the perspective was off. His immediate response was "it looks fine to me". And that was before this thread, where he jumped in making it about himself. What's happening here is hazing. What's an uptight developer who can't get in touch with a community? Better he be ready for insults. You didn't see Elk pouting over his lamps being beat up on Era.

Read a bit before you start trying to play around with the idea of justice Tig, you've been known to handle it wrong before.

Besides, here you are complaining about the community, when you've already made it apparent there's no place for community discussion, even including the servers you manage.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Old 09-03-2010, 07:37 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
luda planned for this to happen all along obviously
Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I'm ashamed of the way that people have treated thepimp.
He's just tryna fit in, give the people what they want and make some green along the way, straight dope yall. Ballin'.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Then obviously you missed the part where thepimp immediately assumed everything negative was hostile and personal rather than just less-than-helpful criticism. The first thing he posted was a tree, and I told him the perspective was off. His immediate response was "it looks fine to me". And that was before this thread, where he jumped in making it about himself. What's happening here is hazing. What's an uptight developer who can't get in touch with a community? Better he be ready for insults. You didn't see Elk pouting over his lamps being beat up on Era.

Read a bit before you start trying to play around with the idea of justice Tig, you've been known to handle it wrong before.

Besides, here you are complaining about the community, when you've already made it apparent there's no place for community discussion, even including the servers you manage.
Say what you will; in my opinion, none of this makes any difference to the points I have outlined in my post.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Seriously though, if he wants to be taken seriously then he should change his account name. And quite frankly his whole personality. Also should probably move interstate, yall.

Back on topic: I like Luda's drawings and would like to see more of them.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Yeah now I wanna see a paper girl to match

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:14 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Yeah now I wanna see a paper girl to match
Women can't have jobs you silly
Old 09-03-2010, 03:50 PM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Women can't have jobs you silly
Not funny.