Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
I can script rather well. This seems like something incredibly simple on the scripting end of things. Just a few arrays and a quirky, simple movement system that only allows the four cardinal directions on a tile-based arena, similar to Pokemon, if I understand correctly. I'd help out. I don't really play GK, though.

Also, you keep insinuating that I haven't read the article. I have. It's just very vague and obscure. However, your new explanation explains it better.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
I can script rather well. This seems like something incredibly simple on the scripting end of things. Just a few arrays and a quirky, simple movement system that only allows the four cardinal directions on a tile-based arena, similar to Pokemon, if I understand correctly. I'd help out. I don't really play GK, though.
Excellent. It should be understood that this concept, presuming it's fun, is open for any other server to create. (9600 posts, woot)

e: Here's some nice floor-breaking sprites you can use (thanks Epica), but if you have the opportunity please make a nicer version of the floor (tile included) crumbling!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fallenfloor.png
Views:	173
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	50304  

Last edited by Stephen; 01-25-2010 at 03:38 AM..
Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Excellent. It should be understood that this concept, presuming it's fun, is open for any other server to create. (9600 posts, woot)
To be honest the concept itself doesn't sound like that much fun, but with unique graphics, sounds, and ganis, anything's fun in Graal, mainly because it's a void of creativity at the moment.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Stephen, if the event is completely player-run (even though EM's can probably host it) will they still receive prizes? Part of the reason kingdoms core isn't ever played is the fact that there's no actual reward, like kingdom points. Wondered if you could script in prize-boundaries depending on # of people playing while it's player hosted. There's the obvious risk of the event becoming abused so something along the lines of the same player not being able to start the event more than once in an hour and prizes to start after a minimum of like 5 players participate.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
HWondered if you could script in prize-boundaries depending on # of people playing while it's player hosted.
Yea, that would be the ideal solution. Although I want to emphasize that the guideline is made available so players can develop the event.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:16 AM
chaosorc is on a distinguished road
Hello,
This seems like a very interesting idea and I would be happy to do the management work on the project. I will admit that I do not have any experience writing script in general, let alone in Graal, so I will need bit of assistance until I get the hang of how things work.
As Stephen said, the end result must be done correctly, and should also be impressive, but I would encourage everyone who is interested to get in touch with me and give me an idea of what you might be able to do. A balance between of new and experienced scripter’s and graphics artists will allow the new persons to learn from the experienced, and hopefully allow the experienced persons to focus on the harder tasks while the beginners work on some of the easier settings.
The idea in this outline may not seem overly exciting to some, but it is relatively simple and I think it will make a good place to start for a first project. Once we have a team together and get thru this event, we could tackle something a little more advanced.
Again, if you are interested in being involved in this project, just post a reply here, and or forum PM me.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 12:28 PM
gamerfreakie@hotmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com Send a message via MSN to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com
I'll Support.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
I hate to discourage the thought of this event (or whatever you may want to call it). But we have plenty of events that we don't use already- I have a feeling this would just be another one on the list eventually.

*prepare for thread derail*
But why not add something that would add actual gameplay when the EMs aren't hosting. Such as new multi-tiered dungeons, quests, party quests, etc. I don't presume they'd be very hard to implement and additions of new items would stimulate the economy and perhaps bring some new (and old) players over to GK. The change of the level caps for guests/trials/classic could be introduced (if it will be at all) at the same time of release aswell. All of this could be one large update that would land us some new regulars.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:02 PM
gamerfreakie@hotmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com Send a message via MSN to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
I hate to discourage the thought of this event (or whatever you may want to call it). But we have plenty of events that we don't use already- I have a feeling this would just be another one on the list eventually.

*prepare for thread derail*
But why not add something that would add actual gameplay when the EMs aren't hosting. Such as new multi-tiered dungeons, quests, party quests, etc. I don't presume they'd be very hard to implement and additions of new items would stimulate the economy and perhaps bring some new (and old) players over to GK. The change of the level caps for guests/trials/classic could be introduced (if it will be at all) at the same time of release aswell. All of this could be one large update that would land us some new regulars.
I agree.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Any server relying on events to stay alive is pretty much a dead server. The whole point of actual gameplay is to keep the server alive on it's own.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 PM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
If content like this gets added and the player initiates the start, not an events master... it becomes more of an activity than an event.

I'm not saying GK doesn't need questing dungeon content though. Stephen, is it your intent to keep that stuff between you Tig and me?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Stephen (God of Gold Servers)

maybe i think you're taking it too far?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Boom!
This project is intended to give players a try at developing for GK. This way they can learn some of the challenges that goes into developing on Graal, learn and practice new talents, and just generally work together on a nice project as a team - a community.

I hope that anyone seriously interested won't be distracted by comments that are purely political.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:11 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
But why not add something that would add actual gameplay when the EMs aren't hosting.
think about it, if we get enough small fun updates like these, were left with a nice, content-full server. support anything you see that you enjoy, its pre-approved, and looks fun.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
Boom!
Any people still interested in this?