FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Updates

Since joining Zone, I said that what Zone needs is regular updates, big and small, to keep activity and the juices flowing. I, for one, do not believe in this elusive 'big bang' mentality that a lot of people believe in. It sounds glamorous but it only creates more time between building your vision and finding out if people actually like it. But less on that.

Planet Points

Over the course of last week, we released an update called 'Planet Points'. As some probably know, the transition was far from smooth, but that doesn't matter now.

Anyway, there are a small number of prizes automatically given out, similar to how you win event prizes. I've detailed the requirements for each prize below:
  • 50 points for 50 pipe bombs
  • 150 points for a Silencer (1 month)
  • 200 for 100 cakes
  • 300 for 100 gas grenades
  • 700 for Bluepistoles (2 weeks)
  • 1200 for Reapers (1 month)
  • 1750 for a Scifi Pistol (1 month)
  • 3000 for a BFG11 (permanent)
  • 3500 for redpistoles (3 months)

If you don't know why we've called it the BFG11, shame on you!

Profile Changes

When I spent some time actually playing Zone, purely as a player, there was little to no indication of how much I had left to the next rank, which are seemingly important milestones. Deas had already made something on Debug, using percentages, to show how much EXP you had left so we released that. It now, however, has been changed to the actual amount.

You can find this next to your total EXP.

Rolling

Rolling has also been nerfed. It was far too fast and, consequently, the distance travelled was far too large. It has been reduced to 65% of it's original speed and seems to be less lame now (others may disagree, I just to like roll )

Staff Changes

As it turned out, Fleshkiller didn't feel like he was fitting for the Events Team and thus resigned. Based on the other applications, Bigtime008 has replaced him.

Another member of the Events Team has gone A.W.O.L and has, now, been removed so there is the possibility of another opening. However, things seem to be going fine with 2.

It is becoming apparent that GPs will need to be hired some time or other but I'm not entirely sure on the details yet.

Anyway, with all that said and done I look forward to releasing some more updates, which don't appear to be fubar!

Thanks.

Last edited by Codein; 01-09-2011 at 02:22 PM..