Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Maloria should be improved

First you choose a class and where your character comes from or something

Tralitai - Fierce and civilized people from the east!
Inuia - Brute warriors from the frozen tundras in the north
Nayfle - Sly woodsmen from the west

Really deep and interesting, makes you want to know more...

You get no introduction to how things works, they just assume you know because they know.

You start of in this dark ass room that is horrible designed, on some kind of throne pillar made of... chairs? why?

As you most likely have played or at least tried *** before you know that yellow ! = quest, so you drag your ass over to talk with the npc,
he gives you this quest:

"There's a woman walking around just outside of here. Maybe you should go see if she needs any help?"

Sounds interesting, right?... The woman outside tells you that the world depends on you helping her,
she wont explain what the hell shes talking about but instead sends you on a mental breakdown journey.

Several extremely pointless quests that was giving no effort at all later this final epic quest is given you:

"This is the final quest. Satan is trying to destroy the multiverse,
and only the advanced Octopus People can challenge him. You must find the Octopus City
and inform them of Satan's plans; they will know what to do"

... What?!

After finding the guardians of octopus land, they will only let you into their world if you get them spider silk for party clothes...

I got into the octopus world and all they wanted to do was to make friendship necklaces with me.

Maloria is like a big joke that gets worse the further into it you go. The scripts are quite impressive but EVERYTHING ELSE (except some gfx) is horrible and
would make anyone that haven't played graal before nauseous and confused.

1/ 10

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.

Last edited by Galdor; 02-04-2011 at 11:41 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Personally I saw everything galdor said, a lil hostle commentary but he isn't unmerited by what he says. There's also quite a few bugs and everything just feels very incomplete, I know you guys wanted to hit classic but could you have hit classic with you know... more structural basis? The octopus and satan bit sounds like a joke between RC staff on one bored ass night.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I spent about 15 minutes at the character select screen trying to decide what character to make and then I just gave up.

Would be nice if you could play as a 'novice' class for a few levels before picking a class to specialize in. Or give more information on each class and nation.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
GFX
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
Meh, better then any other server ATM. :/
Old 02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Hold your fingers crossed and hope that its daytime in game or else you wont see a ****... or wait, maybe thats a good thing.
You must be having a really dark monitor. I've tried the darkness settings out on four different computers without experiencing it to be too dark (all with default monitor settings). Also, you can easily disable lighteffectsenabled in F3 options.

Quote:
First you choose a class and where your character comes from or something

Tralitai - Fierce and civilized people from the east!
Inuia - Brute warriors from the frozen tundras in the north
Nayfle - Sly woodsmen from the west

Really deep and interesting, makes you want to know more...
It's just a general idea of the nations, more will be introduced in-game.

Quote:
You get no introduction to how things works, they just assume you know because they know.
Such as?

Quote:
As you most likely have played or at least tried *** before you know that yellow ! = quest, so you drag your ass over to talk with the npc,
he gives you this quest:
Exclamation and question marks are common standards of quests in MMO's nowadays, in case you missed it. I can name numerous MMO's that utilize it, including the biggest of them all. I'm sorry if you don't recognize this standard.

Quote:
"There's a woman walking around just outside of here. Maybe you should go see if she needs any help?"

Sounds interesting, right?... The woman outside tells you that the world depends on you helping her,
she wont explain what the hell shes talking about but instead sends you on a mental breakdown journey.
I don't know about you, but I usually don't want a story revealed too me all at once. It will be gradually introduced as you progress.

Quote:
Several extremely pointless quests that was giving no effort at all later this final epic quest is given you:

"This is the final quest. Satan is trying to destroy the multiverse,
and only the advanced Octopus People can challenge him. You must find the Octopus City
and inform them of Satan's plans; they will know what to do"

... What?!

After finding the guardians of octopus land, they will only let you into their world if you get them spider silk for party clothes...

I got into the octopus world and all they wanted to do was to make friendship necklaces with me.
I think it's pretty funny actually. No need to be so serious about everything.

Quote:
Maloria is like a big joke that gets worse the further into it you go. The scripts are quite impressive but EVERYTHING ELSE (except some gfx) is horrible and
would make anyone that haven't played graal before nauseous and confused.

1/ 10
Again. What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I spent about 15 minutes at the character select screen trying to decide what character to make and then I just gave up.

Would be nice if you could play as a 'novice' class for a few levels before picking a class to specialize in. Or give more information on each class and nation.
I'm not sure what additional information you'd like on the classes, they're pretty basic and common ones.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Octopus people gonna strangle satan with their eight arms of wrath
Old 02-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
Octopus people gonna strangle satan with their eight arms of wrath
The story could be a bit more...thought out. The whole "Satan is a loser and he's my female canine" quest was really...childish? Unprofessional? It seems like they were trying way to hard to be funny and it almost detracts from the more serious RPG environment.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
The story could be a bit more...thought out. The whole "Satan is a loser and he's my female canine" quest was really...childish? Unprofessional? It seems like they were trying way to hard to be funny and it almost detracts from the more serious RPG environment.
Childish is the wrong word to use. It was an added bit of attempted humor, that I found a tiny bit funny for one second in my mind, but then I forgot about it. I don't really think that it subtracts from the server, though.

Well, it does make the server less serious, but who said it was serious in the first place? And even if the server is trying to be serious, that one single quest doesn't matter much.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Childish is the wrong word to use. It was an added bit of attempted humor, that I found a tiny bit funny for one second in my mind, but then I forgot about it. I don't really think that it subtracts from the server, though.

Well, it does make the server less serious, but who said it was serious in the first place? And even if the server is trying to be serious, that one single quest doesn't matter much.
It's one of the only quests....
And the RPG environment is usually supposed to be a bit more serious. You don't see Runescape or WoW putting out quests like that. Or Zodiac even. I just think it seems too silly.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
It's one of the only quests....
And the RPG environment is usually supposed to be a bit more serious. You don't see Runescape or WoW putting out quests like that. Or Zodiac even. I just think it seems too silly.
I dont quite understand your logic behind "the RPG environment is supposed to be serious". Says who? Maybe Maloria is a non-serious RPG game
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
"Satan is a loser and he's my female canine"
obvious lordi reference is obvious
Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
the KattMan
The thing about the kingdoms is that being in a kingdom doesn't actual mean anything. And I think that is supposed to be a major part of the server, so shouldn't you have finished that before release?
Quote:
Old 02-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
The thing about the kingdoms is that being in a kingdom doesn't actual mean anything.
It will, you obviously didn't play maloria before because nations is what drove that server. Nation PK sprees, Holding the golems hostage from Storm and his lackies for hours, and the massive bunker laming during nation wars where all your friends ares slaughter inuia. Nations were beyond epic and hopefully will be again after a few adjustments to the PVP.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
It's not that I think it has to be super serious. I don't mind "easter eggs" and out of place things for lols but I just find it ridiculously silly and effortless.
And I know you guys have worked hard on this for several years so I cant really understand why you choose base the servers story on a couple of bad jokes.

I don't know if the super dark night was a bug caused by overlapping effect or something because right now its fine.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.

Last edited by Galdor; 02-04-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Closed Thread