Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Videos
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 04:39 AM
vysethefallenpirate will become famous soon enough
A Graal Playthrough

I'm a person who does game playthroughs, I went through all of the main graal servers besides Val as it had a messed up map at the time.

Facebook Classic

Part 1:

Part 2:

Zone

Part 3:

Part 4:

Era

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Unholy Nation

Part 8:

Part 9:

Part 10:

Zodiac

Part 11:

Kingdoms

Part 12:

Classic

Part 13:

Part 14:

Part 15:

Part 16:

Part 17:

Part 18:

Part 19:

These were all taken during July/August, someone told me I should consider posting these here. So tell me what you think.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I may likely come across as biased here, and admittedly these videos provide a feeling of vindication towards the work being made to Classic, but hopefully a lot can be learned by the staff of every Graal server shown, and efforts can be made to improve the new user experience.

Nevertheless excellent work .
Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Fowlplay changed the way newbie protection works on Zodiac ever since you uploaded that video.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Nice videos

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Impressive
Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Fowlplay changed the way newbie protection works on Zodiac ever since you uploaded that video.
Now if only leveling didn't blow chunks

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute

uhh... that was horrible (the content that is, just wanted to point that out, OP did great) so like i'm lying in bed with a fat cold and was doing a marathon of these but fell asleep after just a few... but thanks for showing us the unholy truth about how awfully bad gameplay we got.

quote of the day:
Quote:
I'm kinda glad to be able to show something decent like this
but yea I did watch it all, there could have been a few jump cuts I guess (the bush cutting part outside the locked temple on UN ect)... but I guess you wanted us to suffer as much as you

Thor's classic was by far the most enjoyable.
The tomb had awesome atmosphere btw good job

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.

Last edited by Galdor; 08-18-2011 at 12:38 AM..
Old 08-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Global Banned
Zexon is infamous around these parts
It explains nicely but...
Its way too long and its kinda boring.
Music would of made it alittle better I guess.. make it relaxing music instead of your own personal choice (Dubset , rap , rock etc) so its fitting to everyone.

But its good.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:18 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
The baddy giving a perfect performance of the patheticness of the Facebook version was priceless.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Way too long.. i skipped through about 2-3 and they're all 10-15 minutes. For 19 parts that's a few hours; plus your voice is just obnoxious "UHMMM WELL.. this is Era... It's different from Zone... uhhh...".

Most of the information is wrong and uninformed.. @GK: "You need gold, i forget what it does. You can play without it... uhhh.. i don't think it saves your stats." @Era: "I don't know the damage on an axe.. *runs*"

Odds me off how Kingdoms and Zodiac (having the largest worlds, most content) are crushed into 1 part and shadowed by UN or Classic which are just chat rooms with basic Graal content consuming 3 or 6 parts.

I'd much more prefer to read a short review article or play the game on my own, these seem like a waste of time. I mean 30 seconds of my life wasted watching you fail to pick up a piece of paper... =[
Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Odds me off how Kingdoms and Zodiac (having the largest worlds, most content) are crushed into 1 part and shadowed by UN or Classic which are just chat rooms with basic Graal content consuming 3 or 6 parts.
Try actually watching through the Classic videos, you'll find that despite being a "small" world it does offer a reasonable amount of good content strung together in linear fashion, which is arguably why the OP persevered through the server longer than any other.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Try actually watching through the Classic videos, you'll find that despite being a "small" world it does offer a reasonable amount of good content strung together in linear fashion, which is arguably why the OP persevered through the server longer than any other.
Well obviously now with the long story lines and long/boring cut-scenes.. (I just watched the first video of classic, half of it was cut-scenes and him slashing bushes). I haven't played classic in years, last i recall it was a chat room with some people sparring and one half-finished quest line.

If that has changed then it is for the best, but still to have 6 videos of that compared to one video of Zodiac; where-as Zodiac takes more than than 15 minutes just to explore the Gmap let alone do anything.

That is what my comparison was based on... and it still holds true since he spent 30 minutes on UN saying "This server is dead *walks around* There's nothing to do *hides in a bush* It's a shame this server is empty".
Old 08-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
That is what my comparison was based on... and it still holds true since he spent 30 minutes on UN saying "This server is dead *walks around* There's nothing to do *hides in a bush* It's a shame this server is empty".
Yes, it holds true with a server that provides no real direction or purpose, but while some players understandably may not be interest in a storyline, the whole point of it is to suggest the existence of and contribute towards a direction and purpose.
This is exactly what is shown within the video, the player has a clear enough idea of what to do/where to go, and is interested/keen enough to follow it through, otherwise I'm sure he probably would have deviated away and then ofcourse there wouldn't have been a great deal worth showing.

Having said that, at the rate he was being killed after exiting Zodiac's OSL it would have taken him days to explore the map.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
zodiac was obviously unplayable for noobs, you have no idea where to go, and you get killed instantly as soon as you walk out of the starting house :P I'm sure there are content if you try hard enough to find it, but apparently it was not worth the effort.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:15 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
One of these days I'll get around to moving the after-tutorial spawn (most likely Escalus City Center and removing it's flag) and adding a couple quests to get them into the first intended dungeon, explain the map and other features a little bit more.

His issue of being constantly lamed could have been avoided had he toggled off PK after punching the guy in front of OSL. However that shouldn't be an issue anymore because it does it automatically now.