Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 11:49 PM
bigcity is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Graal disconnect problem

Okay so when im on my server, and whenever im running across the gmap, or entering a level i get disconnected. This happened on era now it doesn't happen on there anymore. Anyone care to share a fix for this?

just realized i should have posted this in the bug forums. My bad
Old 11-23-2015, 01:14 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Still happens to me on Era and every other server I play,
Old 11-23-2015, 02:33 PM
I don't understand why this is not a priority to fix this. I understand asking for a bug to be fixed on graal is like a comical joke. However,this is making graal a chore to play. Its been months now. Please fix
Old 11-23-2015, 11:14 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Because the owner of the game doesn't care about the game anymore. If this isn't absolutely obviously from the issues in the past, idk what is.

He said he was going to hire a new main programmer, and look how far that got. Even if we got a forum post saying he isn't pursuing this game anymore would be ****ing fantastic.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcity View Post
I don't understand why this is not a priority to fix this. I understand asking for a bug to be fixed on graal is like a comical joke. However,this is making graal a chore to play. Its been months now. Please fix
It's been much much more then months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
Because the owner of the game doesn't care about the game anymore. If this isn't absolutely obviously from the issues in the past, idk what is.

He said he was going to hire a new main programmer, and look how far that got. Even if we got a forum post saying he isn't pursuing this game anymore would be ****ing fantastic.
We actually don't know if they have hired a lead programmer yet. However they do show some care towards the game as to let FowlPlay4 maintain the external rc. If it wasn't for them caring about that we would be forced to use internal-rc (f6).

Now this game has been around for a long time. It has had pretty much 1 lead programmer to my knowledge. This isn't just a position that you can take lightly, you can't just hire anyone of the streets. If they truly didn't care about the game what would there reason be for not "cashing out" right now. Spawning items in the game selling them to players, ruining the economy/community and bailing on the game selling out to the first person to offer cash. Whether you wan't to believe if or not the mobile community is still apart of "the game". And there business model there seems to be doing alright.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:06 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I'd come back to develop for fun if a lot of these basic issues were resolved.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:15 AM
Ceasar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
correction, the disconnections has been happening for a year and 3 months
Old 11-26-2015, 07:30 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Damn, it's been that long already? That's incredibly annoying and sad that it hasn't even attempted to be fixed.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Damn, it's been that long already? That's incredibly annoying and sad that it hasn't even attempted to be fixed.
It was actually posted that the problem has been looked into and forwarded to unixmad. Can't remember the guy who posted it tho. I wan't to saw it was Rob? Anyways your essentially looking for a needle in a hay stack. You have outside developers who don't see or work with graal's code on a regular basis trying to help track down the root cause and then fix it. It's very difficult. They did however mention it seemed to be happening when you entered levels. Which means it could be countless reasons what is causing it. Is it loading the tiles, the npc's, images, players, links, signs etc... The only real way to find the problem is to have a debugger attached at the time of the crash. Now it gets kinda funny because I've actually ran quite a few tests on my own game code I've been working on the last year or so. Heres the thing, when compile+run from my IDE the error, I myself was having, was not replicating things worked perfect. When I clicked my app icon tho to open it outside my IDE occasionally touching things crashed my game. My problem and graal's problem are not the same but you can see how in come cases it can just be plain brutal to track down bugs.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Im assuming the disconnection problem is occuring because of one of the three major improvements, because this was the day when it all started.

Quote:
09-18-2014, 06:24 PM Just released Graal version 6.113 for Windows

Major improvements:
- Support for international text / UTF8
- Compatible with the latest versions for iOS, Android and Facebook
- Fixed several bugs
Old 12-06-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I'm surprised that after all this time it hasn't been mentioned from an official source that the cause is known and the problem was actually fixed in a newer client version. As to why the newer client version has not been released I can only speculate.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone! excluding the disconnection bug of course
Old 01-20-2016, 06:11 PM
i Have not been keeping up with graal for a month. Problem fixed?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:17 PM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
i Have not been keeping up with graal for a month. Problem fixed?
Nope.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Nope, never.