Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 01:19 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I think the worst is the lack of announcement or indication of the drop in support for the linux client... "Please upgrade your version" would imply there is an upgraded version to upgrade to lol

But what can we expect really
At the very least we deserve an explanation on what is or isn't happening in regard to support on Linux.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradigger View Post
The game will run like **** using a VM or even WINE. You really want me to install a virtual version of Windows just to play this game? That's outrageous and I can hardly even take you seriously.

When are we going to hear an actual update on this?
just saw this

I played in a VM when I was globaled and I didn't have any lag give it a try or not. You can run in VM or not play. up 2 u. I'm not the one tasked with supporting this game and complaining obviously doesn't get you anywhere.

The way I see it you have 2 options. VMlyfe or VMlyfe.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:04 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
We could always start a donation box to get better Graal programmers.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Ceasar will become famous soon enough
unixmad is rich enough, he doesn't need donations
Old 04-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
It is a little bit ironic though, Linux now has more support for video games than It ever has and it seems that one of the games that has always, in a sense pioneered gaming on Linux may drop support for it all together.
Very well said. I feel this way as well. I remember when I first tried GNU/Linux and my favorite game (Graal) was already available. In hindsight, that's actually kinda mind-blowing. Nothing else I played was really available on the platform at that time, and as you said gaming on GNU/Linux is better now than it ever was. A quarter of the games on Steam have been ported, and now here I am unable to play Graal, a game I played on Ubuntu 7.04 several years ago.

I think I'm gonna put all my eggs in the "let us get on with the old client" basket. If the issue is lack of programmers or funding or whatnot, just get rid of this wall you have created. I understand that the wall is due to some sort of security issue, and forcing everyone to update is for their own, and others', good. If the GNU/Linux community is such a small portion of the Graal community, than this shouldn't be that big of a deal if we're the only ones on with an old client.

The GNU/Linux client had its fair share of issues and clearly WIP things over the years. A lot of things just didn't work how they probably should've. That feeling was always clear, but it didn't stop me from playing the game as well as everyone else. The fact that I'm now cut off completely makes me feel betrayed. I put up with the partially broken client that often had graphical issues and didn't always let you change options properly just to play my favorite game, and now I can't even use that janky client if I want to.

Can we get someone official in here to tell us what's going on? I feel that people are being deceitful in the current situation. This has gone on far too long. If it continues to go on I just know that people will give up, and I'll surely lose my house on Era. Sure, there's an obvious issue and a bit of time has gone by, but if it becomes a year or two, I can't imagine they'll keep my house safe.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:42 AM
Banned
Update on the situation. I had a friend who works for Graal investigate the matter since apparently Darlene is actually powerless in situations like this.

Here's what he had to say on the matter as of today. (we had discussed it a few times over the last couple weeks.)
Old 05-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
God, please do. A fix for this has been long overdue.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:25 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Darlene is actually powerless in situations like this.
I'm surprised anyone would even consider her being of any help in this situation...
Old 05-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I'm surprised anyone would even consider her being of any help in this situation...
No one said I was. I asked unix about it, and told you all what he said. That's it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
For some reason I chose to believe she actually contacted unixmad and something would happen from there, but according to Zach she doesn't even have his Skype and it's unlikely contact was really made.

I'll try to post here again if I hear more news on this matter. I don't have any contact with this Novo guy, but it's not the first I've heard of him, so I think this is promising so far.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
buy graal and pay someone to fix it
Old 05-08-2015, 08:36 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
buy graal and pay someone to fix it
We could all pitch in $5. Cubical for Unixmad!!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
i'm putting down $5 on killing the animals (save those frames!).

hype!
Old 05-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
For some reason I chose to believe she actually contacted unixmad and something would happen from there, but according to Zach she doesn't even have his Skype and it's unlikely contact was really made.

I'll try to post here again if I hear more news on this matter. I don't have any contact with this Novo guy, but it's not the first I've heard of him, so I think this is promising so far.
Totally not true. I will say again, I contacted unix, and he said he would try to get it done. Don't know why this Zach person would say such a thing. not like he would know who I can and cannot contact, and what I have done. You can bet, if I say I did something, that I did it. Be careful believing everything you hear.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-09-2015, 07:21 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
i'm putting down $5 on killing the animals (save those frames!).

hype!
$10 on saving them. Not a true run if you don't save the animals!