Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 04:08 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradigger View Post
It's my birthday tomorrow, and I've always liked logging into Graal to update my age in my profile and then play for a bit. It's gonna be sad to break tradition over the devs being lazy.
It was actually my birthday yesterday so I guess I can't change my age either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfire35 View Post
This problem has also made me unable to play the game, hoping this gets fixed soon.
It has been over a month now and we still haven't heard anything back at all... not even a "we are working on it" or "sorry we don't support Linux now"
Old 03-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Shadestone is on a distinguished road
When will this be fixed?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
If at all possible, could Linux users please be allowed to access the login server using an older version of the client until a new version can be released? This is locking a lot of people out, and could eliminate the Linux player base altogether.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
If at all possible, could Linux users please be allowed to access the login server using an older version of the client until a new version can be released? This is locking a lot of people out, and could eliminate the Linux player base altogether.
I think this would be a good temporary solution.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Mac client was updated or just Windows?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:12 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Mac client was updated or just Windows?
The current Mac version is 6.111 while Windows is 6.113 but I'm fairly sure the OSX client still works as I haven't seen any threads/posts about it being broken.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the windows client works in a VM or just windows.

The answer is yes, use a VM.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:06 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the windows client works in a VM or just windows.

Doesn't make up for the lack of an updated native Linux client. We haven't even heard an official statement regarding what's being done about it. (if anything)

Even though it's not as popular as Windows, I know quite a few graal players who use Linux. And it seems ridiculous that all those players have to use a workaround such a VM to play the game.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
you gotta do what you gotta do if you wanna play. put in a complaint and move on. if these forums have taught me anything it's complaining doesnt resolve anything no matter how game breaking it is
Old 04-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post

The game will run like **** using a VM or even WINE. You really want me to install a virtual version of Windows just to play this game? That's outrageous and I can hardly even take you seriously.

When are we going to hear an actual update on this?
Old 04-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Like, how hard is it to make the Login server not kick out Linux users if they're using an older version?

That's like a one-line conditional check for what OS they're running.

Seriously.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:58 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
When are we going to hear an actual update on this?
lol never
Old 04-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
lol never
Why would they cut out such a big chunk of their playerbase when they even supported them for all these years? It's one thing to not port your game to GNU/Linux, but for a game like Graal that was already natively working on GNU/Linux, cutting support for the client just seems stupid.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Why would they cut out such a big chunk of their playerbase when they even supported them for all these years? It's one thing to not port your game to GNU/Linux, but for a game like Graal that was already natively working on GNU/Linux, cutting support for the client just seems stupid.
Inevitably the Linux playerbase isn't all that large especially when compared to Windows and Mac OSX and from a business standpoint it may make sense to cut support for Linux completely. The smaller playerbase would undoubtedly provide less revenue compared to their counterparts and this may even outweigh development costs.

Obviously I'm not condoning such an act as I am an avid Linux user myself but support for our OS has been steadily in decline. The "latest" Linux client was updated 2 years 5 months and 9 days ago and since "Admins" left, support for Linux is much lower.

I remember a time when the Linux client was superior to Windows especially when I came to performance and stability, because of this I was able win the Hour Glass event on Graal Kingdoms constantly as I could finish half of the course before anyone else could even move due to the heavy lag incurred the amount of players in the level.

It is a little bit ironic though, Linux now has more support for video games than It ever has and it seems that one of the games that has always, in a sense pioneered gaming on Linux may drop support for it all together.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:52 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
The real problem is we don't have any real developers actively working on Graal.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:45 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Inevitably the Linux playerbase isn't all that large especially when compared to Windows and Mac OSX and from a business standpoint it may make sense to cut support for Linux completely. The smaller playerbase would undoubtedly provide less revenue compared to their counterparts and this may even outweigh development costs.

Obviously I'm not condoning such an act as I am an avid Linux user myself but support for our OS has been steadily in decline. The "latest" Linux client was updated 2 years 5 months and 9 days ago and since "Admins" left, support for Linux is much lower.

I remember a time when the Linux client was superior to Windows especially when I came to performance and stability, because of this I was able win the Hour Glass event on Graal Kingdoms constantly as I could finish half of the course before anyone else could even move due to the heavy lag incurred the amount of players in the level.

It is a little bit ironic though, Linux now has more support for video games than It ever has and it seems that one of the games that has always, in a sense pioneered gaming on Linux may drop support for it all together.
I think the worst is the lack of announcement or indication of the drop in support for the linux client... "Please upgrade your version" would imply there is an upgraded version to upgrade to lol

But what can we expect really