Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Rawrz
TheAppircesKid is on a distinguished road
SUPERNANNY, A Good Manager?

Who here still thinks SN is doing a splendid job managing ZONE? I sure don't. I would explain the reasons why, but they are quite obvious and i don't think i need to state them. If you disagree and have a good reason feel free to explain why, but do not give "be patient he is working on it" excuse, it's been said too many times and we have waited long enough.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppircesKid View Post
I would explain the reasons why, but they are quite obvious and i don't think i need to state them.

I have no idea how good or bad he's doing because I haven't touched the Graal client or the forums in a couple of months. Enlighten me (and everyone else) as to what sinister deeds he's committed.

All I know is when I logged on for a visit today, there was a total of 3 people on Zone. Last time I checked (Summer, maybe?) Zone had a steady playercount. What happened?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I say they should get good dev staff and implement some of Zones MANY SUGGESTIONS IDEAS (threads). I personally suggest the catastrophic suggestion/Tsu's idea.

I heard SN and Ían are working on something cool = thumbs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante55555 View Post
What happened?
Jesse quit. He was preety much what was keeping Zone with a heartbeat
Old 10-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
what sinister deeds he's committed.
You don't have to commit a sinister deed to be a bad manager

Quote:
there was a total of 3 people on Zone
Don't you think if it was properly managed it would a much higher playercount?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
I heard SN and Ían are working on something cool = thumbs up.
"do not give "be patient he is working on it" as an excuse"

Quote:
Probably was.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Kds Xanadu
Quote:
You don't have to commit a sinister deed to be a bad manager
I was being silly. I suppose I should have said something like "Could you please list in detail what exactly he has been doing wrong during his term of management that has you so upset?"

Quote:
Don't you think if it was properly managed it would a much higher playercount?
That one's debatable, but I won't get into it.

Quote:
"do not give "be patient he is working on it" as an excuse"
What else can he say? What else can he do? Wave a magic wand and fix everything overnight?

You haven't worked on the Admin level so you really don't have any room to talk. You can't begin to fathom how frustrating it is trying to get Stefan to do something, trying to get him to stop for five minutes and think about something from your perspective instead of going "hmm" and ignoring you.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
What else can he say? What else can he do? Wave a magic wand and fix everything overnight?
He has had about 2-3 months now and the playercount has only gone down

Quote:
You haven't worked on the Admin level so you really don't have any room to talk.
So everyone that hasn't been an admin should simply just shut up? i don't think so.

Quote:
You can't begin to fathom how frustrating it is trying to get Stefan to do something, trying to get him to stop for five minutes and think about something from your perspective instead of going "hmm" and ignoring you
Previous admins have gone through the same thing and from what i can see, zone was in better hands before.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:01 AM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
People complain when there's a lack of update, once they make an update, people are complaining about the updates. It's not an easy situation I guess.

As for the updates, we always need to wait after Stefan since we got no control after making the scripts, which means the time it takes for releases isn't necessarly SN's fault. When he's asking to be patient, there's a reason.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Kds Xanadu
Quote:
He has had about 2-3 months now and the playercount has only gone down
What is the cause of that? Please elaborate upon your accusations instead of just sitting there saying "SN."

Quote:
So everyone that hasn't been an admin should simply just shut up? i don't think so.
Oh, you can say all you want. I encourage you to express your opinions, by all means. It's just not fair for you to go on about someone doing a poor job of managing a Gold Server when you've never done it before.

I admit that you don't have to have been a manager to see a poor job being done.

Managing a server is one of those things I wish I could have just said "Here! YOU try it" to the people who would tell me I was doing a bad job. It's really not as easy as you think.

In conclusion, a campaign against the current Manager isn't what Zone needs, right now.

Quote:
Previous admins have gone through the same thing and from what i can see, zone was in better hands before.
Debatable, but it's not something I feel like getting into.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
"Be patient he's working on it" - this is the excuse but the truth. An astounding update is being worked on, and hopefully it will be brought out before long.

I disagree with you, "TheAppircesKid", I think Supernanny is doing a great job as Zone's manager. Supernanny may not be a developer, but he has hired extremely skilled developers. One who had worked as a GST; and another who was the previous leader of the Graal3D project. Things that has already been done can take week(s) since SN doesn't have scripting skills so he has to rely on Stefan to transfer it over to Zone. Supernanny has directed Zone staff into a vast project for Zone, one to make the weapon system more balanced, as working with the stream of problems that Zone has now. There isn't much updates being released right now, but something big is being worked on. As not much updates were being released or worked on when Vulcan was administrating Zone. Overall, Supernanny is not paid while the previous administrators were, and still he is doing everything he could do. He still builds Zone up no matter how much disturbance players like you intend Supernanny to be.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 AM
Rawrz
It's funny how most of you jumped to the conclusion of there being no updates and poor updates. Updates are not the only things he is responsible for. He is also the ETA, the FAQ Admin, and the ADMIN. Have you looked at the staff list? (listed below)

Admins:
-pooper200000 (Supernanny)

ETs/Zone Police:
-MagikMasterMind
-Tenchry_P2P

Planet-PAs:
FAQs:
-MagikMasterMind

Tsunami is basically the only staff on ZONE that is active (besides SN). SN hasn't even hired a decent amount of staff to help him out. If he had more staff to help him out, it would make it easier on his side to manage zone. SN is basically trying to manage zone's community by himself. SN doesn't need to wait for Stefan in order to hire Staff
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
It's not every day you see an available skilled Developer. And ETs and FAQs are not needed right now.

I think you forgot to mention these guys:

Scripters:
PFA (tolnaftate2004)
Codein
Zokemon

Ganiers:
Switch/Novice
Minomato (Also does minor GFX work)

Graphics:
Arch_Angel
Elk

Last edited by Dante396; 10-13-2009 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: Added
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikMasterMind View Post
People complain when there's a lack of update, once they make an update, people are complaining about the updates. It's not an easy situation I guess.

Players would not complain on the updates if they liked them, which means it is the developer's fault. If a company put a new product out on the store shelf and customers did not like it, would that we the customers' fault or the company's?

I have herd of a couple of good updates "coming soon" for about 2-3 months, but of course they were never released. When i asked SN about them, he told me that they had not been completed yet (this was 3 weeks ago or so), If he has such an awesome team working on them, why aren't they finished??
Old 10-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Aww your so sweet . But no, the combination of Dan and I both quitting killed Zone :P. For all the good ideas I have, their useless unless I can convince someone (Dan) to script them.

Quote:
Tsunami is basically the only staff on ZONE that is active (besides SN). SN hasn't even hired a decent amount of staff to help him out.
Zone doesn't need anymore FAQs or ETs with the playercount it has. Zone needs dedicated development staff. What could SN need help with in-game that he can't handle on his own? Zone used to do fine with 2 ETs (me and huwajuxy ) and NO OTHER in-game staff, and back then the playercount was always 40+. We should be thankful Supernanny isn't trigger happy when it comes to hiring non-dev staff members, especially in times like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante396 View Post
Overall, Supernanny is not paid while the previous administrators were, and still he is doing everything he could do.
Now now, Dan was the only other Administator who was paid. Gambet and Vulcan seen no pay cheque. And the amount Dan was paid was very...very... low.

Quote:
All I know is when I logged on for a visit today, there was a total of 3 people on Zone. Last time I checked (Summer, maybe?) Zone had a steady playercount. What happened?
Well Gambet came back, scripted mega for Zone and got it a steady playercount. Then details were left out, but it seems that Supernanny and Gambet had some sort of disagreement, causing Gambet to leave. I'll forum PM you what seemed like it went down to avoid post deletion ;P.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Supermanager.
Closed Thread