Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppircesKid View Post
Players would not complain on the updates if they liked them, which means it is the developer's fault. If a company put a new product out on the store shelf and customers did not like it, would that we the customers' fault or the company's?

I have herd of a couple of good updates "coming soon" for about 2-3 months, but of course they were never released. When i asked SN about them, he told me that they had not been completed yet (this was 3 weeks ago or so), If he has such an awesome team working on them, why aren't they finished??
He has a perfect team, it's just their activity slowing down the progress.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:40 AM
Rawrz
TheAppircesKid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante396 View Post
It's not every day you see an available skilled Developer. And ETs and FAQs are not needed right now.
Why not? ETs help plan events that attract players to the server. Zone is a server where players FIEND for events and having ETs that plan and host decent events once in a while would get a few players. FAQs are not needed? lol are you serious? If a new player came on and did not know how to play and what the objective on a certain map was, who would he ask, other players?...oh wait...Zone currently doesn't have any players... . And even if it did have a significant amount of players, not all players would help out the "noob"
Old 10-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Devil May Cry
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
Uhmm I would help xD

And I Jesse just explained this, the playercount is too low to have ETs or FAQs.

Are YOU serious? you already said how no players are going to be on Zone, so what is that "noob" going to do? If he gets help or not he still won't continue to play Graal, I don't think he's going to want to play with himself.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:47 AM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well, given that SuperNanny is most likely reading this thread, I'd say he's doing a fine job as manager!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:51 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Then they're evidently not the perfect team
Old 10-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Then it isn't the perfect team.

Quote:
Why not? ETs help plan events that attract players to the server.
Events only can offer a temporary playercount boost. Solid updates are needed to keep players. To have solid updates you need active dev staff.

Quote:
Zone is a server where players FIEND for events and having ETs that plan and host decent events once in a while would get a few players.
Errrm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted_Love View Post
-Strong Push for Events
For a while there was a hard push for more events, with the introduction of an Events Team Admin especially. This is definitely my fault as well unfortunately, but I was working with the things that were being developed. Zone had become an events based server where the community rely'd on seeing a lot of events hosted off to be content with the gameplay.
Yeah my bad... Zone shouldn't have never been a server that fiended for events, I take partial blame for causing it to be for a period of time.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:52 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
Zone doesn't need anymore FAQs or ETs with the playercount it has. Zone needs dedicated development staff. What could SN need help with in-game that he can't handle on his own? Zone used to do fine with 2 ETs (me and huwajuxy ) and NO OTHER in-game staff, and back then the playercount was always 40+. We should be thankful Supernanny isn't trigger happy when it comes to hiring non-dev staff members, especially in times like these.

I am not saying he needs to hire 10 ETs and 10 FAQs, but certainly having 1 ET/FAQ doesn't do the job, specailly when SN doesn't host (he barely even did when he was an ET). If you have not noticed updates are usually a failure. Look for example at the newest planet..what's it called...Bunker, it was a huge failure.

There was an update called "vehicleround" or something where players got on mechs and basically had a war (i bet some of you don't even know what i am talking about since it was hosted like once). Now since it was an EVENT update, it can not be hosted if there are ETs on now can it? So even updates won't always help zone. Having in-game staff has a HUGE impact on the player count and always will
Old 10-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Devil May Cry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Then they're evidently not the perfect team
I meant just for creating things for Zone, or how skilled the team is.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I meant just for creating things for Zone, or how skilled the team is.
Didn't he already run off the perfect team? Hell, even Gambet quit if I recall correctly. It's a terrible team lineup, regardless of how talented they are, if they can't even show up.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
Well, given that SuperNanny is most likely reading this thread, I'd say he's doing a fine job as manager!

Funny how MANY players say stuff when "SN" is not watching, i would mention a few but that wouldn't be right..
Old 10-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
"Be patient! I know you've been waiting for over a year for some substantial updates, but you guys are being really impatient. And just because you haven't seen any updates or in fact any signs of life at all on the server doesn't mean there aren't super secret plans that will fix everything! ... but we aren't going to release the slightest bit of detail as to what, so just trust us! Ya, I know the server practically has no players either, but you really should trust us. We have a good track record, no?"
Old 10-13-2009, 04:58 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
I am not saying he needs to hire 10 ETs and 10 FAQs, but certainly having 1 ET/FAQ doesn't do the job, specailly when SN doesn't host (he barely even did when he was an ET).
Zone dones't need more then 2 small events/week (not including Guild Events, which it should have).
From my experience with ET on Zone, I'd say only 1 ET is needed for every 20 active players. Once Zone has a playercount of 40 fairly often, hire another ET .

I don't think you understand, TheAppircesKid, Zone doesn't need playerside staff members when the playercount never reaches 10.

Quote:
If you have not noticed updates are usually a failure. Look for example at the newest planet..what's it called...Bunker, it was a huge failure.
Bunker was released over a year ago, but okay...

Quote:
Having in-game staff has a HUGE impact on the player count and always will
In-game staff have never had a HUGE impact on the playercount, and has NEVER had an impact on the long-term playercount. Some in-game staff members might have temporarily caused a large playercount, but that wasn't permanent.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Devil May Cry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
"Be patient! I know you've been waiting for over a year for some substantial updates, but you guys are being really impatient. And just because you haven't seen any updates or in fact any signs of life at all on the server doesn't mean there aren't super secret plans that will fix everything! ... but we aren't going to release the slightest bit of detail as to what, so just trust us! Ya, I know the server practically has no players either, but you really should trust us. We have a good track record, no?"
I think this thread should end with this.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
*not sure if you are being sarcastic here*...if you aren't, i disagree..who the hell would want to wait for a year?
Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Rawrz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
Some in-game staff members might have temporarily caused a large playercount, but that wasn't permanent.
Umm..i could say the same about the recent updates... they don't keep players around for a long time. If they did keep players, the playercount wouldn't be 3.
Closed Thread