Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone Suggestions.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Knife suggestion

Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. Don't really get why. The knife is supposed to be like, the "soldier's best friend" or something like that (obviously other than his gun).

In most first person shooters, knives are hard to use, but when mastered, they are pretty good weapons when in cqc. I think it'd be cool if Zone did something like that, have a knife that has (VERY) little or no freezetime and makes you run a bit faster (so you're not just chasing some guy who's same speed as you and strafes backwards, you'd get nowhere doing that). You should be able to switch directions after stab, which would add variety. It should require skill, for instance know when to stab and which direction to turn.

Does it sound okay, or just plain retarded? z.z
Old 09-24-2009, 02:35 AM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
Every melee weapon should have a walking speed boost and less freezetime in my opinion but up to a certain point where the gun user could evade without getting owned. I can just imagine less freeze and speed boost on chainsaw....
Old 09-24-2009, 02:49 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. z.z
The first weapon that comes to my mind is Electron. I guess you're just nub xD.

I think its fine when used at the right times. On wide open maps it doesn't make sense that a combatknife should beat a rifle or pistol.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:58 AM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
The first weapon that comes to my mind is Electron. I guess you're just nub xD.

I think its fine when used at the right times. On wide open maps it doesn't make sense that a combatknife should beat a rifle or pistol.
I meant the first that comes to my mind. And at least electron deals good damage when it hits, combat knife you have to have GOLD for it to be effective since you get like 10 or something when you're not.

And it doesn't have to be so lame as it beats all other weapons on all maps, just enhance its... qualities xD
Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. Don't really get why.
I personally suck at close range, so melee weapons that aren't thrown I suck with so I myself would say..Muramasa or syringe. I just fail with those.

As for the "worst" weapon. There shouldn't be a dominate one, that's stupid. All weapons should be useful according to the situation. Though this may be something that totally killed the playercount.
For example @ Jesse, electron sucks? Try electron + door laming when you must, it's pretty lame then.

Quote:
In most first person shooters, knives are hard to use, but when mastered, they are pretty good weapons when in cqc.
CQC = ..?
Not sure what kinda FPS you're playing, but most I've played, when I use a knife, vs a gun, yeah, I lose without a chance to win unless the person doesn't know how to use a gun.

Quote:
I think it'd be cool if Zone did something like that, have a knife that has (VERY) little or no freezetime and makes you run a bit faster (so you're not just chasing some guy who's same speed as you and strafes backwards, you'd get nowhere doing that). You should be able to switch directions after stab, which would add variety. It should require skill, for instance know when to stab and which direction to turn.
You must seriously suck with a knife to say this. Knife is clearly a pretty awesome melee weapon. If you know how to dodge right and stuff, it can be a fun weapon to use. No way knife sucks, and adding in no freeze-time is pretty dumb to me. A slight speed boost, that you can't really notice would be appropriate.

Quote:
Does it sound okay, or just plain retarded? z.z
I'm sure you've got my views on this idea. CHOICE NUMBER 2!
Quote:
Yeah. All weapons should be chosen by the situation you're in.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:52 AM
-----
Why is it every time someone suggests something, Sean, you try and find something bad about it then that's all you mention? I don't see you running around in Iricia with a combat knife if you think it's so good?

Last edited by pooper200000; 09-25-2009 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Watch your language.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:27 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Why is it every time someone suggests something, Sean, you try and find something bad about it then that's all you mention? I don't see you running around in Iricia with a combat knife if you think it's so good?
He said it needs to be appropriate to the situation, and if you think it's such a good idea, you give the good reasons for it, it's your idea.

Last edited by pooper200000; 09-25-2009 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: Fixed reply to above post.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 AM
JTS
RebelArbiter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RebelArbiter
The knife is fine. As others have said all the melee weapons could use a slight speed boost when you have them equiped, however all you're suggesting is making the knife god like in close range.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
True, Electron really sucks..

I have to say tough that i don't have any problems with using the knife, It is okay..
Old 09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Zone Rank : God
pico57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to pico57
Quote:
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. Don't really get why. The knife is supposed to be like, the "soldier's best friend" or something like that (obviously other than his gun).

it is the best wep x)

A Friend of a soldier... probably yes, if the soldier is lonly on a lost island ...
Old 09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
He said it needs to be appropriate to the situation, and if you think it's such a good idea, you give the good reasons for it, it's your idea.
Totally wrapped up what I wanted to say, oh well, I'll say it again.

Quote:
Why is it every time someone suggests something, Sean, you try and find something bad about it then that's all you mention?
Maybe because your post are bias and you don't put any thought forth into it at all. Did you ever mention the cons and pros? No not really, all you did was this.
Quote:
man, knife is so hard to use, i think it should be stronger or give some kind of boost so i can beat players with it!
Quote:
I don't see you running around in Iricia with a combat knife if you think it's so good?
Around the last time I actually tried on zone, which might of been around the time I brought back Fairy Warriors for a few days, I ran around on iricia with combatknife. It's fairly easier to use than most melee weapons since D is a ranged attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
True, Electron really sucks..
Electron is super lame when you door lame right. Tabby got #1 on electron way back around Grim Angels time.

Last edited by pooper200000; 09-25-2009 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: Fixed reply to Darksage15's post/removed reply to deleted sections of darkage15's post.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 AM
JTS
RebelArbiter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RebelArbiter
The knife is already one of the most useful melee weapons, it doesn't need a buff.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Boing
hilary1612 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hilary1612
It'd make sense to gain some speed when using a combat knife since it's lightweight
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 AM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilary1612 View Post
It'd make sense to gain some speed when using a combat knife since it's lightweight
Well, according to everyone else, Combatknife is the lamest weapon since sliced bread, so if it was better in any way I would use it to lame! z.z

But to me, and now a couple of other people, at least a small speed boost would be pretty helpful.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:41 AM
hi
Quote:
Well, according to everyone else, Combatknife is the lamest weapon since sliced bread, so if it was better in any way I would use it to lame! z.z
Wow..are you serious..Just..Wow.

No idea who you're talking to that's "everyone else" but feel free to name them and I'll mock them for being such a sore loser about not getting kills with a knife.

Quote:
But to me, and now a couple of other people, at least a small speed boost would be pretty helpful.
Small enough that you wouldn't actual notice to help much. You should quit trying to make a weapon overpowered, Zone already obviously has a problem with that.