Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 03:08 AM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
Mic Recording

Imaging Mic recording on Graal, you can create a talk system with any player in a radius of 20 tiles/ karaoke events. So much could happen if this feature was implanted. I'm not too sure on how to make this work efficiently but I know this will be a good feature if it is ever implanted.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
This hasn't ever worked for games that I'm aware of and Graal has one.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:48 AM
Era iPhone PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
This hasn't ever worked for games that I'm aware of and Graal has one.
I notice that Graal has one, but nobody uses it plus I don't even think it works... And actually it does work, for a lot of games. I'm not saying this should be implanted into the core system of Graal. But possibly the abilities for servers to control how they want to use their chat system. Just by making a script so everyone in 20 tiles hears you. I'm not saying that it should be like that in Graal itself, just more compatibility with the mic.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Führer Glazey
What are the games that people actually use the in-game voice service? I haven't seen one x.x
Old 07-27-2012, 04:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astram View Post
I notice that Graal has one, but nobody uses it plus I don't even think it works... And actually it does work, for a lot of games. I'm not saying this should be implanted into the core system of Graal. But possibly the abilities for servers to control how they want to use their chat system. Just by making a script so everyone in 20 tiles hears you. I'm not saying that it should be like that in Graal itself, just more compatibility with the mic.
afaik the mic on Graal only worked when using UDP, which was removed in v6 anyway.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astram View Post
And actually it does work, for a lot of games.
World of Warcraft has had in-game voice speak system for many years now, and while it does work for basic needs, no one EVER uses it. There's simply no reason to use in-game voice chat if given the option to instead use Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Mumble etc.

The only game I can think of that actively uses in-game voice chat is Heroes of Newerth. In DotA 2 it's frowned upon, and I don't think League of Legends has functionality for it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Era iPhone PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
World of Warcraft has had in-game voice speak system for many years now, and while it does work for basic needs, no one EVER uses it. There's simply no reason to use in-game voice chat if given the option to instead use Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Mumble etc.

The only game I can think of that actively uses in-game voice chat is Heroes of Newerth. In DotA 2 it's frowned upon, and I don't think League of Legends has functionality for it.
I'm not just saying for communication, I'm saying for karaoke styled events. I notice that voice chat could get unused, but people may want it for other uses aside from that.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Last time I heard a mic being used was about 4 years ago. A hermaphrodite was sitting in the middle of Bomboria trade crying at the top of his/her lungs because people were calling him/her a freak.

Not a big fan of the idea.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Era iPhone PR
As I said, just the feature of this! It won't be enabled automatically, servers would need to script it in.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Just download skype and chat there with your friends? It's free! It works!

They'll never add something like this because it is alot of work, and probally no one will ever use it.. I'm usually already annoyed by the basic game sounds, imagine all the stupid idiot players talking all the time too..
Old 07-28-2012, 03:58 AM
Führer Glazey
Please don't make me hear Names voice D:
Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Ziro is right here. Many multiplayer games have voice chat, very few of them are ever used except to trade maternal insults (have you ever played Call of Duty?). There's a reason Mumble, Ventrilo, and Teamspeak are around: it's hard to do voice chat right, so it's better to let an application that specializes in it handle it.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Last time I heard a mic being used was about 4 years ago. A hermaphrodite was sitting in the middle of Bomboria trade crying at the top of his/her lungs because people were calling him/her a freak.

Not a big fan of the idea.
lol'd. is it who i think it is?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
lol'd. is it who i think it is?
I think I have a pretty good idea of who it is myself.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:04 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Vindictus has mic, whenever someone uses a mic everyone is like WTF because no one ever uses it. Its funny to micspam on it...