Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 05:04 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
So how about that?
Is this something which is also being delayed, inwhich case I understand that plans and dates change, or is it just a load of bollocks?

I'm actually quite interested to see what those requirements were supposed to be, seeing as I've spent all this time and effort writing up micro-transaction & incentive plans and preparing them, for what is arguably one of if not the highest quality production-ready servers. Yet the response I've received almost completely failed to acknowledge the plans I have presented. Following myself responding to the supposed issue of credentials in a manner which should have put that to bed, has been nothing but silence, having already waited 4 months for the first reply to begin with.

I could talk all day about why I feel Classic should, at the very least, have its plans for an agreement in principle to eventually remove observer mode, be given an honest consideration, but I feel it would hit the right chords if I instead let some quotes from last year be known:

It's funny how there was such an interest in our work when the idea was for the benefit of a different platform, yet our plans for this work in its natural designed state for PC Graal are essentially ignored. I would like to re-iterate that I am not demanding they be accepted, if there is a problem with them or they are unsatisfactory I'll be back to the drawing board and putting in the extra work to make it more credible. I am simply asking for a proper response.

As for the actual problem at hand, I would like to bring attention to something listed within the subscription policy at http://www.graalonline.com/zone/stores/subterms:

To put it simply, Observer mode is a restriction that ****s players, why?
Because it causes disruption to competitive gameplay, the form which gameplay on Graal mostly consists of. Look at Unholy Nation, it's a server which revolves strongly around events and sparring. Because of the disruption observer mode causes to spars and events, as well as the fact it renders players stuck on the screens of other players with no way to manipulate the observer through script, UN prevent trials from participating.

This is a problem which contributed to other traditional style servers such as Classic and Npulse dying out, which you could say has made the game less worth paying for. Now with the new version of Classic, it has also become more apparent to me that observer mode can cause bugs which can prevent Quest progress, or even render the game unplayable without staff intervention if a trial is in an unfortunate place at an unfortunate time, and I haven't become aware of it in order to implement a solution.

What's even more annoying is that it is virtually impossible for a developer to take the necessary measures to debug potential problems caused by observer mode.
To test this requires logging on a trial account, waiting a couple minutes for observer mode to end, getting into the relevant position within a level, waiting 10-15 minutes or so for observer mode to occur again, waiting another couple minutes for it to end, actually experiencing the bug, and then repeating the process once more and wasting even more time to ensure you've managed to fix it.

Considering trials are given 5 measly hours of "free time" a month, that this applies on every server they log on, most of which take several hours to explore and actually become familiar with, and this time is even deducted when playing a non observer mode server, how the hell are trials supposed to enjoy the game before deciding to buy a subscription?

Even on those servers fortunate enough to not be plagued by observer mode things aren't all that rosey. Trials have heavy restrictions placed on them, to such an extent that they are at a big disadvantage to paying players, with this idea it will provide an incentive for them to upgrade. Similarly to observer mode this means players are having to pay before they can enjoy the game.

Once again Graal is a game which relies heavily on player vs player competition, half of what makes the game what it is can be attributed to the playercount itself. While there are several different reasons for iPhone's success, the main thing which stands out which PC players/developers would hope Stefan and Unixmad have learned from and can apply to PC Graal, is the fact that it actually lets players play the game.

Amazingly we're still stuck with this myopic attitude that it is wrong for any player to be playing this game the way it is meant to be played, without paying. It is not rocket science that if the game can be played at a reasonable level for free, playercount would be much higher, and if playercount is much higher, the game is more fun, and if the game is more fun, it makes it more worth paying for whatever incentives are provided.
Is it better to have 250 paying players and 100 non paying players, or 500 paying players and 1000 non paying players?

To finish this off, I truly hate to make such a **** post, I know there are lots of other developers and players alike with their own concerns for their respective servers, and so I apologise if this post comes across as selfish.
To Stefan and Unixmad, if you have taken the time to read this far, credit where it's due.
I wanted to know if it was a possibility, since Shaded Legends is not classic, that we could possibly sell bodies, heads, emoticons, weapons, shields (when they have a use) and other supplies for Gralats, assuming they want them faster, which still having the option to gain them via in Shaded Legends currency coins..

The currency would be more realistic than most servers though.. bronze and iron possibly 2 gralats, silver 20, gold 50, diamonds 75 or whatever, pickaxe 35 per buy, 25 per repair.. certain percent to get the higher ones, probably certain areas too... (I'd have to look more into pricing)

It would be like iPod Graal, and could be free and I'd advertise to iPod Graal as well as other places.

Cujo and I have to work on the pricing still though.. And add in more currency systems. Trash for a gralat.. fishing needs to be brought down a bunch.. questing gives you small amounts of change.. So on..

Could this be a possibility for all servers, or even us since we have no static standards due to us not being classic yet?

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Also it's incredible how our 2 servers ended up with the highest playercounts on PC Graal momentarily:

The main server machine went down again but that's ok, because of the hard work that's been put into Classic for all this time, the server was there to pick up the tab and maintain a decent level of gameplay to the refugees.
I know you like to take your time with writing email responses Stefan, but please don't make it too long, we're very busy with development work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I wanted to know if it was a possibility, since Shaded Legends is not classic, that we could possibly sell bodies, heads, emoticons, weapons, shields (when they have a use) and other supplies for Gralats, assuming they want them faster, which still having the option to gain them via in Shaded Legends currency coins..

The currency would be more realistic than most servers though.. bronze and iron possibly 2 gralats, silver 20, gold 50, diamonds 75 or whatever, pickaxe 35 per buy, 25 per repair.. certain percent to get the higher ones, probably certain areas too... (I'd have to look more into pricing)

It would be like iPod Graal, and could be free and I'd advertise to iPod Graal as well as other places.

Cujo and I have to work on the pricing still though.. And add in more currency systems. Trash for a gralat.. fishing needs to be brought down a bunch.. questing gives you small amounts of change.. So on..

Could this be a possibility for all servers, or even us since we have no static standards due to us not being classic yet?
While nobody really knows what the intention behind the whole "free to play" is, I'd imagine you'd have to seek an agreement in principle and then ensure everything agreed is in place beforehand. A flexible setup which sells the currency in the global shop, leaving the rest of the sales process in game would require a high level of scripted security to prevent hacking or staff abuse.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Bayne_graal is on a distinguished road
That was deep.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:57 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Am I on your buddy list Thor?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Am I on your buddy list Thor?
I can confirm maximus_asinus is not on my buddy list at this moment in time.

See I tend to try and give proper responses to legitimate questions or concerns even if I perceive them to be of scarce relevance.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I can confirm maximus_asinus is not on my buddy list at this moment in time.

See I tend to try and give proper responses to legitimate questions or concerns even if I perceive them to be of scarce relevance.
Although I am disappointed I am glad you have replied in a timely manner.

P.S. can I be admin?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Any update on this? I'd like to see where it's going.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Banned
Bump the continued lack of response on this issue is appalling.

I also emailed a copy of plans translated to both French and German (thanks again you two), so that's one more possible excuse that can be scrubbed off.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:28 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
..I also emailed a copy of plans translated to both French and German..
i just **** my pants from laughter
Old 07-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
i just **** my pants from laughter
It wasn't intended to make anyone laugh, but on the subject of it, here is the last response I received on May 7th:

Quote:
Stefan: I will check your emails sometime soon.
The last -meaningful- response was April 2nd, the first response in February also occurred after over 4 months of attempted contact. So you could say there have been 7 months of potential lost progress on the matter, and after nearly 9 months I have not received anything that comes close to a definitive answer one way or the other.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
ffcmike you understand that your weird behaviour is not really motivating us to speed up those things? This is a forum where you can speak about the game or development, this thread is about the Graal version(s) on Facebook.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Wait, you can speed those things up and haven't been meeting the deadlines that you said?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
ffcmike you understand that your weird behaviour is not really motivating us to speed up those things?
Then what is going to motivate you to speed things up exactly?
Or if you're simply too busy and are therefore unable to speed things up, which is perfectly understandable, why don't you just say so instead of continuing to ignore the issue?

If you were to familiarise yourself with the work that's been put into Classic for the past 3 years you'd find I'm not a stupid or unreasonable person, and although you may not like my behaviour, you cannot say I haven't been patient enough beforehand.
There are a lot of developers on PC Graal who are incredibly frustrated with the lack of support towards this version of the game. Sure there is the option to just give up and leave, but that's not a good thing, especially given that many feel PC Graal has its advantages and the potential for higher quality gameplay, compared to what exists on iPhone/Facebook Graal.

I'm not really asking for things to be sped up though, I'm just asking for clarification so I know what level of possibility exists for it. Ultimately I feel there is a responsibility to get something done rather than just assume there is an answer of "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
this thread is about the Graal version(s) on Facebook.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
We are planning to give the opportunity to PlayerWorld owners to move to Free To Play either. We will soon give a list of requirements to move a server Free To Play.
I must have misunderstood this part then.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Same....

Do we get this list of requirements now or what? Why is it that complicated? If you can't do everything on your own I would suggest hiring more Developers to help you Stefan/unixmad.

You should be gratefull that so many Developers working for free, atleast give us (the Community) something back... I don't appreciate this arrogance.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 07-05-2012, 02:06 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Really?

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.