Old 10-16-2009, 09:22 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
economic proposal

taken from an older thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
that's not what I was trying to imply at all.

I know exactly what's wrong with the economy and how to fix it. unfortunately, even though certain solutions may look good in writing, I guarantee that something is bound to screw up when it's actually implemented into the game. trying to create the perfect economy is just way too complicated and I believe that a lot of effort is being wasted for such achievement.

just ask yourself; why does it matter? why does it matter how much money is in the economy? do you think players are going to enjoy the game more because of technical bull**** systems that are put in place to keep the economy balanced? not really. players just want to pk, play instruments, skateboard, whatever they enjoy.

why not just let it the **** go? stop wasting time and effort trying to fix the economy and instead use that effort towards content that will make the game more enjoyable. the game shouldn't be based around an economy.

that's just my opinion.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
I don't agree with you.

The way Era is right now, it's just not enjoyable, because there's the rich people with the big ass guns and the poor people with the ****ty guns.

And the guns are on such a level that you can't have fun with your ****ty guns against the big guns.

Omg I suck D:
Old 10-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Yeah, it would be better if everything was like before. Everything were buyable in shops, and werent too expensive.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
I don't agree with you.

The way Era is right now, it's just not enjoyable, because there's the rich people with the big ass guns and the poor people with the ****ty guns.

And the guns are on such a level that you can't have fun with your ****ty guns against the big guns.

Omg I suck D:
you took my post way to literally. I'm still suggesting that there should be a reset, but what I'm mainly trying to propose here is: (well it's in my original post, lol)

Quote:
stop wasting time and effort trying to fix the economy and instead use that effort towards content that will make the game more enjoyable.
I'm not trying to say that they should leave the economy as it is right now. not at all. there's no doubt that it's ridiculously unfair.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
I'm surprised this thread didn't just say "Quit Era"...

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 10-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
After thoroughly absorbing the idea, Frankie has a valid point.
Why does it matter? Originally, no one even knew how much money was in the economy nor did it matter, rofl. Yet it was fun as hell.

To be quite frank, Era will ALWAYS reset after 2-3 years due to this problem, thats just the reality of it. You cannot permanently solve the economic problem, similiar to in real life. They'll only temporarily solve it but a new one will arise again.

The reset will be good enough for the economic and probably keep things steady for a few years until another is needed. So spending all this time trying to permanently solve it is a waste of effort and precious time.

Good point, heh. Never thought about it.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Can't you just focus on the positive Frankie?

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 10-17-2009, 11:09 PM
xChugxLifex
what positive?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
I'm looking forward to the reset- but as Frankie said you need something to keep players interested for the time being.
I don't spend alot of time on Era anymore but I've not seen anything major happen recently but I'm sure that the reset will be promising.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
I dont care if Era gets resetet, im sure it will help Era. Nothing is better than a fresh reset.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Which will always happen every few years, or less... dependent upon the performance of the Administration. Thats about the largest impact a staff team has on the server, is when the reset is. I've yet to see anyone with the potential to alleviate a reset from ever happening, I couldn't see how it could be done on this game, atleast. I can see them holding it off for probably 3-4 years at most.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Hyde
truecrimes is an unknown quantity at this point
How about for a economy fixer you stop making everything so damn rare? every weapon is stocked, and sold in npc ran stores. Once they go out of stock, they restock in a week. If you hand out a weapon in the winning of an Event it should be stocked at a store in the first place.

This should be the same for items as well. And this would also push the demand for putting out more things.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:49 AM
xChugxLifex
so here's the check list so far:
  • balance the weapons. when people buy weapons, they should be looking to buy them based on preference. not what's lame and will easily win spars and events.
  • create stores to sell these weapons at a reasonable price
  • don't make jobs require a tremendous amount of effort to afford things. remember, the key focus here is to make sure the server is fun and not worrying about how much money players are making.

after that's done, focus solely on stuff to do. events, a decent gang system, repeatable quests, etc etc.

then reset. bam. guaranteed success.

does anyone see any flaws in my suggestion? if so, please let me know and we can argue in a friendly manner.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:11 AM
Hyde
truecrimes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
  • balance the weapons. when people buy weapons, they should be looking to buy them based on preference. not what's lame and will easily win spars and events.
  • don't make jobs require a tremendous amount of effort to afford things. remember, the key focus here is to make sure the server is fun and not worrying about how much money players are making.

after that's done, focus solely on stuff to do. events, a decent gang system, repeatable quests, etc etc.

does anyone see any flaws in my suggestion? if so, please let me know and we can argue in a friendly manner.
With this setup I believe I would play era way more then what I do now. This game shouldn't be about grinding, I want fast satisfaction. I feel with this type of setup and more content coming out, this would surely draw more attention and pull people in.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

So you're basically saying in order to make the game fun we need to add fun things to do...no ****.

Of course we are going to balance weapons, of course weapons will be sold in shops, and of course the majority of our focus will be on gameplay...but you of all people should know that it's not as easy as you're making it sound.