Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Long Statements
No one else could have stated that better

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
This was not a hat contest, nor was it a contest in which only a hat was supposed to be the prize. Saying I should broaden the range of hats would be pretty silly. What would be the defining factor in order to set where his bounds are? What I feel is Halloween related? He won the broom, so he got the option of taking the broom, or EP Value of the broom, or the third place prize. The reason the third place prize is offered is BECAUSE second place is better than third place, so he deserves at least that much. To say we need to double third place's prize is absurd, and to say we should broaden the range of hats to choose from is not only more complex than the competition itself, the value of the hat itself may fall either above or below the value of the broom. The only prizes to be given away were a broom, a hat ticket and a Halloween hat, the rest of the "or other prizes" was supposedly added on by Luca, who did not run the event. You say we should offer a happy medium, but when you are told "I want 2 hats or a Hat ticket" it's not so simple. That being said, I offer the exact EP value of a broom, which is 200EP.

Take into consideration, a contest you enter in which you can win an XBOX 360, PS3, or a Wii. If you already have a 360 and you win one in the contest, can you ask for a PS3 instead? What about 2 Wiis? I agree that the prizes were not clearly spelled out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize, but it's not like Nike said "You can win anything you like!". Also note "possibly other prizes" not "additionally other prizes", though as I said before, I am not sure what these prizes may be, as Luca added that portion personally.

Moving on, I did not offer anything else to Luda at the time other than the broom and 3rd place prize, because by the time we got halfway through the conversation of him telling me he wants 2 hats or a hat ticket only, he began acting very poorly, so I felt it was a waste of time to sit and reason with him further at that point in time. I'm willing to explore some other options, but it likely wouldn't be related to hats.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
I am not sure what these prizes may be, as Luca added that portion personally.
Perhaps you should be more aware of what they'll do in said contest. How could you not know about it seriously?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:16 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
I can't believe that I'm saying this, but if Streety was in-charge of the hat contest, it would've gone a lot smoother. He seems to be on his A game when Halloween is around.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Luca has news posting rights, while Nike does not. Therefore, anything Luca wanted to add into Nike's post could be done without consent. Luca probably planned to have more things completed for the event, but alas, that is the story of Luca.

Like I said, Luca was not involved in the actual running of the contest, so if Luca truly added that portion as Nike claims, then perhaps Luca had something else in mind.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I really don't see how 200 EP is reasonable, some of that hats that the third place winner could choose are worth way more than that. I only asked for the hat ticket at the beginning of the conversation because I was given it by Nike then he had it removed from me within the next day. You said no, and I agreed. Quit making it seem like I was asking for one throughout the whole time we spoke. Getting another 360 wouldn't be replacing my current one, I would have the option of playing both. If a broom was given to me on UN, it would replace my current broom and 200 EP instead of the broom really isn't reasonable it as I stated above.

I find it funny that after making a thread to show the public what had happened has now lead to you allowing me to have a prize because I remember you saying these exact words, "Sorry, you will have no prize then. Thank you for your participation."
Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
I can't believe that I'm saying this, but if Streety was in-charge of the hat contest, it would've gone a lot smoother. He seems to be on his A game when Halloween is around.
Door as well. Door handled her contest very professionally, and thus her contest went over with no issues as far as I know. Organization is key in a contest like this, and Nike learned that the hard way, whereas Door was already prepared for it. As long as Nike learns from this mistake, and makes sure his post is copied word-for-word, he should have no future issues.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I really don't see how 200 EP is reasonable, some of that hats that the third place winner could choose are worth way more than that. I only asked for the hat ticket at the beginning of the conversation because I was given it by Nike then he had it removed from me within the next day. You said no, and I agreed. Quit making it seem like I was asking for one throughout the whole time we spoke. Getting another 360 wouldn't be replacing my current one, I would have the option of playing both. If a broom was given to me on UN, it would replace my current broom and 200 EP instead of the broom really isn't reasonable it as I stated above.

I find it funny that after making a thread to show the public what had happened has now lead to you allowing me to have a prize because I remember you saying these exact words, "Sorry, you will have no prize then. Thank you for your participation."
You literally asked for a hat ticket the entire time. The PM before me saying that was something along the lines of "I will take my hat ticket or 2 hats then". You making a thread to the public has little to do with you being "allowed" a prize, so much as I was waiting for you to rationalize what you were asking for. As far as hats being worth more than 200EP, none of the hats given away were worth more than 200EP, and if they were, would choosing that hat not be a viable solution? You simply want more than what Rufus got, not a second place prize it seems. Alas, as I said I would be willing to consider other things, but 2 hats or a hat ticket are not on the table at this time. It would be unfair to the winner to give you 2 hats.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Not even sure why the prizes wouldn't have been predetermined, even if it was 1st place gets hat ticket, 2nd gets broom or a hat, and 3rd gets a hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
So is anyone on the same page, or do you just all run your own servers?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
You literally asked for a hat ticket the entire time. The PM before me saying that was something along the lines of "I will take my hat ticket or 2 hats then". You making a thread to the public has little to do with you being "allowed" a prize, so much as I was waiting for you to rationalize what you were asking for. As far as hats being worth more than 200EP, none of the hats given away were worth more than 200EP, and if they were, would choosing that hat not be a viable solution? You simply want more than what Rufus got, not a second place prize it seems. Alas, as I said I would be willing to consider other things, but 2 hats or a hat ticket are not on the table at this time. It would be unfair to the winner to give you 2 hats.
I am looking at the PM history right now, a few PM's in and I have agreed to not receiving a hat ticket. If you really were waiting for me to rationalize about it then you should of stated it, this isn't some stupid mind game. It's not that I want more than Rufus, I want something that is of greater value. Do you play your own server? Do you not realize how easy it is to get 200 EP? Two common hats instead of one seems reasonable to me.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:27 AM
One second you call the hats common, the next you say they are worth more than 200EP. Regardless, though, the Broom's value is what you would receive, which is 200EP. 200EP or less would be things you could choose from, since that is the value of the broom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
Not even sure why the prizes wouldn't have been predetermined, even if it was 1st place gets hat ticket, 2nd gets broom or a hat, and 3rd gets a hat.
They were predetermined, but they weren't listed in a way in which the players knew the prize order beforehand, and "possibly other prizes" eludes to there being other choices, or perhaps other winners. That seems to be the big issue, as players assumed they could get a variety of things, when in actuality the only variety would have been getting a hat ticket, since you can get any hat on the server, or sell it for a substantial amount of EP/Items to players.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:42 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
All I see is bad planning,corruption and damage control. If it was up to me, you would all be banned from UN for being brats (managers too)
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 10-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu View Post
All I see is bad planning,corruption and damage control. If it was up to me, you would all be banned from UN for being brats (managers too)
Good thing I don't play UN anymore huh?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
Well I didn't mean you, you aren't even a part of the argument, boy.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 10-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Reading this thread is like trying to make a brick wall read you a bed time story.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto