Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Post Food Businesses

I have discussed this idea in the past in previous threads and after some discussion today about it with Shrimps i have decided that i think it deserves a thread on it's own. I'd like to expand the idea and see if we can actually make it happen. It is quite simple but could yet could prove difficult i will leave that part to an experienced scripter to confirm.

The Problem

I believe in todays Era due to lack of player killing activity there hasn't been much of a demand for food and due to this players have stacks of food in their inventory's and as a result of this they do not need to go and purchase any food as they already have it. Food businesses main source of income is coming from gang players and i believe this is where food businesses is severely suffering.

The Solution

Let's introduce rotting food and give a reason for food to become useless. Increases the demand for food and a result of this will increase sales and jobs for people to attend. Let's make it simple for ourselves. All food will have the same expiry date let's say a month for example. You purchase a slice of pizza on the 1st of January which will then expiry on the 31st of January rendering it useless for healing purposes. We could add a twist however which i will mention further on.

Purchasing 1 slice of pizza or 100 it'll just be the same way. However, the problem that i need a scripter to confirm is that.... When you purchase 1 slice of pizza and it expires on the 31st. You purchase 1 the next day is it possible to make that slice of pizza expire on the 1st of February and so on?

What About Trading It?

Well sadly with this idea this will not be an option. You will not get to sell food or sell it in the mall because i believe it would only cause a problem as people don't know the expiry date and it could also cause some code implications. However, with an expiry date i am pretty sure nobody would care about trading it as it is going to expiry anyway so it would make the street value worthless but the beauty of it gives businesses huge value.

The Twist I Mentioned

This is an option you can add or not add. When the food rots it changes image/color or becomes unusual-able in your inventory to notify you of the changes. The beauty here is that when it gets to this stage we could add it to the recycling center. For example: You purchase $300 worth of food but give the value of rotted food half of what you purchased it for so you would be trading it in for $150. This gives people some money back from the economy to go purchase more food. I think it's a great addition.

Summary

- Make food rot
- Give it an expiry date
- Make it untradeable
- Rotted food turns into waste that can be traded in to recycling center for half the vale

This stops the huge stacks of peoples foods stopping them from having to go and purchase any food for weeks if not months on end. I don't remember the last time i had to purchase food. This gives food businesses recurrent customers and sales. It's a never ending cycle and a good flow of income for businesses.

Thoughts?