Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
You're both stubborn. Staff does abuse (nowhere close to when vimes and moondeath and mysticaldragon were here but whatever). Players expect a lot (because some of them pay huehue)

If you volunteer for a job, I think it's a bullshit excuse to say "I don't get paid so don't expect me to do what I volunteered for" Let me go to some cancer fundraiser and yell at everyone who's trying to pay the foundation because I volunteered and they expect SO much of me. Graal isn't a charity though so I get why people are sour for doing a job that isn't a 1 time (maybe 10 time) thing.

That being said, the people you're volunteering for shouldn't expect more than what you've volunteered to do. In a system like this initiative needs to be taken from the volunteer in order for anything to get done. Without initiative we would have to "hire" (beg for volunteers then scrutinize their 'applications' because elitism viva era server dominado) someone for everything needed to be done. That's why there are 'positions' with qualified people that can do x, y, and z, and learn to do a-x. PRs should be the first people to learn or take the initiative to learn the **** like skins and other stuff, but I see how some would be skeptical.

tl;dr stop complaining about PRs not doing enough it's not your business really. stop complaining that you're not getting paid, you volunteered.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Blue and rogue are in fact perfect.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
You're both stubborn. Staff does abuse (nowhere close to when vimes and moondeath and mysticaldragon were here but whatever). Players expect a lot (because some of them pay huehue)

If you volunteer for a job, I think it's a bullshit excuse to say "I don't get paid so don't expect me to do what I volunteered for" Let me go to some cancer fundraiser and yell at everyone who's trying to pay the foundation because I volunteered and they expect SO much of me. Graal isn't a charity though so I get why people are sour for doing a job that isn't a 1 time (maybe 10 time) thing.

That being said, the people you're volunteering for shouldn't expect more than what you've volunteered to do. In a system like this initiative needs to be taken from the volunteer in order for anything to get done. Without initiative we would have to "hire" (beg for volunteers then scrutinize their 'applications' because elitism viva era server dominado) someone for everything needed to be done. That's why there are 'positions' with qualified people that can do x, y, and z, and learn to do a-x. PRs should be the first people to learn or take the initiative to learn the **** like skins and other stuff, but I see how some would be skeptical.

tl;dr stop complaining about PRs not doing enough it's not your business really. stop complaining that you're not getting paid, you volunteered.
You said i'm stubborn but give no reasons? Smh.

Booger, kid. You are the biggest cry baby i have ever witnessed on era. Pretty sure you where the one crying about PR's everyday you where online and a lot of staff can back this up. Stop contradicting yourself you absolute fool.

How is it not our business that a PR is not helping us out in a game we pay to play? I don't even know why i waste my time. Community is full of idiots i swear.

It does not matter what i say or others. You guys will go away and think of something else to come back and say, vicious circle....

Staff is always right, players always wrong. bla bla bla. Just proving how much of a failure management team you are debating it.

Any other professional run staff team would give replies like.

'Sorry to hear that, i will leave it in the feedback section' You know, professional replies? But instead you lot have to get into a debate about it and go to the extremes of jailing people etc when you could just reply with one simple message.

You lot need to take a look at how other teams run their servers/games. You are a laughing stock the lot of yous.

You can all hate on me as much as you want after this message, i don't give a f uck. Sort your management out and start doing **** right or let somebody people run the server who can do it right.

You lot are all worried about politics and what rights you have instead of worrying about developing and working as a team to fix this server.

Joke of a team.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
Okay sorry that I wasn't clear.
I said you were both stubborn because scoper is counterarguing and you're just saying that he's covering his ass with the vicious circle. Whatevs guess you're not stubborn if that makes you happy.

About me complaining, uh sure.
I never said it wasn't your business the PR wasn't helping you. If they're not helping you then they're not doing their job. I was trying to say that we should just let the staff team figure out if PRs should make more gun skins or not since it's not exactly what they volunteered for.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Well sorry, i'm probably being aggressive when i don't need to be.

You just can't win when it comes to these guys. Never wrong, always right.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:03 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
Yeah Era staff mentality in that aspect is ****. I know of calls that have been made that were wrong and instead of unjailing/banning/etc the player and giving an apology they just go loloops and do nothing.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
I don't think I'll ever make a gunskin. I'd like to, but I can't gfx. and I'd like to learn, but art isn't a talent of mine and I've had limited success with getting better.
If it helps keep you calm, I've picked up scripting to be able to make things. So yay, more content from the PRs everyone seems to be demanding more from.
However, I wouldn't expect other people to do this (nor should it be required of myself). I do it only because I choose to (outside interest in programming so this helps me down the road mayb kthx)

I would put forth that the 'never wrong, always right' quote you've now adopted (me too! yay!) kind of goes both ways. You believe you are right, and that will not forseeably change despite arguments I or anyone else make. As I have mentioned before, the only user I've seen with the humility to admit when they're wrong is Frankie. God bless Frankie amirite.

Decisions over bans and jailes and shenanigans are subjective, there's some I don't agree with too. Owell.

I don't like how calm this has gotten what do I need to say to stir things up again

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Since we're quite offtopic (lolsurprise)

I propose a new off-topic topic:
Free condoms with morning newspapers. Good or bad idea?
Old 01-16-2014, 03:20 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Just so people know; I stated that you SHOULD do more than your required job if you CAN (personal choice) not that they have to, was mainly a suggestion for the (current) PR Team and proof to back up as to why (The possible rewards from taking initiative to do more than your required tasks)

back on topic; make more unique skins and post them on this thread (as I can't see them in-game) I would love to see what crazy **** you guys come up with (kitty guns from rogue, rainbow water gun looking **** from fiber etc)
Old 01-16-2014, 03:24 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
People still read the paper?
Closed Thread