Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Well obviously it's too much for the GDT to handle.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:09 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Nothing is monumental to be handled, It's only people don't have enough drive to match their motivation and it collapses on them.
A lot goes into it; the work on the project itself is pretty straining, but then you have to deal with criticism from on and off the team in regards to what you're doing, how it is changing from the original, why it needs to be done. Then you have to deal with deadlines that your manager or even you impose on yourself. How about the drama that exists on every staff team? Real life? There are so many pressures that wear down even the most motivated person, and that is the problem. You can't expect a volunteer to work countless hours with no compensation, not even kudos if they have to put up with that crap.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
A lot goes into it; the work on the project itself is pretty straining, but then you have to deal with criticism from on and off the team in regards to what you're doing, how it is changing from the original, why it needs to be done. Then you have to deal with deadlines that your manager or even you impose on yourself. How about the drama that exists on every staff team? Real life? There are so many pressures that wear down even the most motivated person, and that is the problem. You can't expect a volunteer to work countless hours with no compensation, not even kudos if they have to put up with that crap.
You're 100% right, I've dealt with all of that on high occasion before. But as far as projects go on the staffs part, the pressure eventually cracks down their drive thus their ambition dies out along with it.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:15 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
And thus is why this project is doomed to fail. I don't even know what we were arguing about because we seem to agree with each other.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
And thus is why this project is doomed to fail. I don't even know what we were arguing about because we seem to agree with each other.
I was trying to simply agree with you but I guess I came off argumentative or something my apologies.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:35 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Well obviously it's too much for the GDT to handle.
The lack of an active leader-head is what killed this project for us though and bringing any kind of future development to a complete halt until they could get their ideas organized which never seemed to happen beyond "let's having a meeting about this."

Right now, I'm all for having the current server dumped for public consumption.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
its dead. lets just give in and enjoy our memories of the sweet ass times we all shared on the server.

if someone in the community was skilled enough to make a enjoyable playable server they would work for a real employer, hence graal's current sitch'
Old 12-22-2010, 04:58 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
its dead. lets just give in and enjoy our memories of the sweet ass times we all shared on the server.

if someone in the community was skilled enough to make a enjoyable playable server they would work for a real employer, hence graal's current sitch'
To do things right, it would take far too much time for far too little (zero) money. That's simply not worth it.

Here's a random screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalcraftingkaejokeautod.png
Views:	215
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	52086  
Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
lol@kae haxing
Old 12-24-2010, 07:16 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Gotta love that GDT leadership especially after about 2-3 changes.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:43 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
If you're going to release the content, you should atleast release the Bomy Island content? :o I'd much rather see that passed out publicly, rather than the old crap.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Gotta love that GDT leadership especially after about 2-3 changes.
What the hell are you trying to imply?
Old 12-25-2010, 10:48 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
okay.
Thanks. I've been trying to get this for years. A lot of my past work that I no longer have stored is contained in that zip file.

This is not a very good version of Graal2001, though, and if this is the only version available that would probably make me sad. This version you have here is missing A TON of work that had been done (mt antora is still blank snow, lame-ass desert in the southeast, etc.). I just examined this overworld and it is not looking too good compared to what had been done with it (especially with the levels) after quite a bit of work by lance's team. The latest version of Graal2001, the one which was directly competing with Bomy Island, is the version which I am looking for. The only other version of Graal2001 which interests me would be a very ancient and basic original slate version.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 12-25-2010 at 11:37 PM..
Old 12-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Thanks. I've been trying to get this for years. A lot of my past work that I no longer have stored is contained in that zip file.

This is not a very good version of Graal2001, though, and if this is the only version available that would probably make me sad. This version you have here is missing A TON of work that had been done (mt antora is still blank snow, lame-ass desert in the southeast, etc.). I just examined this overworld and it is not looking too good compared to what had been done with it (especially with the levels) after quite a bit of work by lance's team. The latest version of Graal2001, the one which was directly competing with Bomy Island, is the version which I am looking for. The only other version of Graal2001 which interests me would be a very ancient and basic original slate version.
There are (or were) backups of both of those things in the temp folder of the server. Perhaps he can post those, I don't have them anymore.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I see 2001, 2003, 2006, and 2009 versions.