Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
i put [a noob] in a blender once....

yeah, there's no sauce in them

Old 05-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
My biggest issue with the Graalxxxxxx accounts, mixed with the Commuinty Names is the fact that when someone (EG: Litter [Andrew] or Yocas [Another Graal staff on Era]) has an RC, it's a pain in the arse when they prefer to use /opencomments, directly, and it opens the comments of their Graal account, and if you want to add work for them, you have to go into the Server Options to figure out which one is which, and who is who, etc.

People who choose their community name can't choose a name already taken by another account or community name, which works exactly the same as accounts. Sure, after playing for a short while, they can choose a name, but it really shouldn't matter when they choose the "Name" they want, whether it be an account name they get stuck with before playing, or if they choose it later. It lacks uniqueness, for those who decide not to choose a community name, so when I see "Graalxxxxxx did something", I have to think about "Well, who the heck is THAT???", but that's just me, since the day I started Graal, I've generally used "Show Account instead of nick on playerlist", so everyone looks the same
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 05-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The RC will need to be updated to use the community names, will try to do that soon.
Apparently not. That's what this game lacks -- player input before this kind of stuff, motive to do something, and good ideas.

Graal###### accounts are horrid. To enforce this statement, someone on a playerworld tried to add me to staff list to help check up on something, and they couldn't figure out if I was Programmer or Graal702360. It gets highly annoying whenever account operations in RC need to be done. (i.e open attributes, edit rights/comments/access)

Motivation. Need I say more? Ever since Graal v5, I've seen very few beneficial updates to the Graal client and satellite programs. Hell, Graal Editor hasn't been updated in years! Also, what happened to Graal 3D? Was it ditched or something? Where is the motivation to update!

Good ideas -- This speaks for itself. Stefan and unixmad have good potential, but they lack good ideas. This thread is a prime example. The Graal###### accounts have a few advantages, but the disadvantages outweigh them. Playerlist doesn't show community names, it shows the Graal###### names. How are we supposed to know who's who? We're not going to remember accounts like Graal702360, we're going to remember accounts like Programmer and whatnot.

I highly suggest re-evaluating your ideas.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Well it has a good side too.
If a kid once named was SSSJ9_Goku-Phil he can now choose a new, less ridiculous, more mature name.

Last edited by Darklux; 05-29-2008 at 01:11 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 02:54 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
If a kid once named was SSSJ9_Goku-Phil he can now choose a new, less ridiculous, more mature name.
Which can't be done, community names are chosen once.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Live to Laugh
Desear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desear Send a message via MSN to Desear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
If you mean people with current accounts names, then you are mistake, everyone who already had account's community name is automatically chosen to be identical to their Account Name.

If you mean, new subscribers, then Yes, but as Crow said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
community names are chosen once.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:42 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Original idea was that trials can't take "good" account names anymore but still keep what they have done while playing without a community name.
like everyone else has been saying.. I would doubt 2 people could have the same community name, so this system is just useless.

I thought they already purged (lack of a better word?) old accounts that were not used. This Frankie account was registered a long time ago. I recently took it about 1 - 2 years ago.