Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Post Dark Rival wants YOU!

Yes, we want YOU to apply for a possition at Dark Rival as a GAT NAT LAT or even, co-manager! Just go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html
or for more information on the server, yo can see the rest of the website at http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com or, you could e-mail me at [email protected] !

More info:
We currently have our server up, it's still under developement. There are some tile errors, problems with the map, and some scripting errors, also, some levels we connected wierd. Not much trouble to fix, it's easy work, but I could use more help on it. Overall, Dark Rival is looking better and better, and you could help too! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newmain.png
Views:	181
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	33151   Click image for larger version

Name:	mainpathpic.png
Views:	162
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	33152   Click image for larger version

Name:	deltarockpic.png
Views:	176
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	33153   Click image for larger version

Name:	volcanopic.png
Views:	162
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	33154  
Old 08-23-2005, 09:54 PM
mystic2k is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mystic2k
no one wants to work on Dark Rival anymore dude. you posted 3 hiring threads, no one wants to work there. And im not saying it cuzi got fired cuz i got a lil staff abusive on another staff cuz it was funny. I mean gosh how many hiring threads have u posted and u got 0 staff, and staff are starting to quit cuz you cant manage a server right. Hell u got aserver the day u bought p2p.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Banned
Actually, I am confused about that too. I mean, whats wrong w/ dark rival? we have many new features, food system, new weapons, and i'm working on a new battle system as well. The only thing that bothers me, is the fact that you were supportive before I fired you, but after that you are up in my face...strange, almost as if you feel like you lost something when you lost Dark Rival, does this mean you caerd for it? Maybe you should delete your post, no one wants to know that you abused your staff powers, and used them to harrass another player (to the point that he was ready to quit). That would make them disrespect you, as the entire staff of Dark Rival must by now, as well.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:51 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic2k
I mean gosh how many hiring threads have u posted and u got 0 staff, and staff are starting to quit cuz you cant manage a server right. Hell u got aserver the day u bought p2p.
I don't see it in the rules that there's a limit on how many hirings he or anyone else can post.

Quote:
staff are starting to quit cuz you cant manage a server right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Maybe you should delete your post, no one wants to know that you abused your staff powers, and used them to harrass another player (to the point that he was ready to quit). That would make them disrespect you, as the entire staff of Dark Rival must by now, as well.
Let's not start flamming each other please.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:52 AM
Banned
Quote:
Let's not start flamming each other please.
HE STARTED IT!!! JK But i think the point here is...WE'RE STILL HIRING!
seriously, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html to apply!
(looking for GATs, NATs, LATs, and a Co-mamager)
Old 08-24-2005, 03:34 AM
um no one lost respect of me. IM still pretty good friends with all of them except bad which is like 2 haha. And i think its fine that everybody reads that you like a person who idles on a server better and i was playing with him cuz he always got mad and pissed and it was funny that i cudnt stop, or maybe i knew he couldnt do his job either making excuses not to. Eh DR was getting boring and i doubt youll even make a battle system. And the person who responded b4 excaliber(sorry forgot ur name) im saying it cuz he posted like 20 threads and no one has even responded to it and well it got annoying even as staff. Your servers a failure cuz u got 1 lat who i thinks just about ready to quit and a gat admin who possibly cant do gfx and makes excuses like his dad has the admin acc. Why would you even premote him if he cant do anything atm. Yes i have got diss marks about DR looking for staff, and i myself thought it too. No ones gonna play on 3 overworlds. Im saying this cuz hes pissing me off saying i staff abuse when i dont, i just knew this badlatino kid cudnt do gfx and keeps lieing about it.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Actually, I am confused about that too. I mean, whats wrong w/ dark rival? we have many new features, food system, new weapons, and i'm working on a new battle system as well.
Not to mention breaking your NPC-Server and creating hideously scripted staff tools. I also agree that Dark Rival is in need of scripters.

Judging at some of the scripting that has been posted on the NPC Scripting forums, I am not sure that many people would want to be a scripter on your server and work with that code.

I even posted advice in one of your threads about how you could make your code more readable and manageable, yet you completely ignored that.

Secondly, the material that you post every time you try to hire people is always the same. The same few screenshots.

Post some variation. That way, people can see what they are going to be working on. It's all very well posting screenshots of levels, but why not post screenshots of players actively using the systems you already have in place?

Last edited by Skyld; 08-24-2005 at 01:51 PM..
Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 PM
calum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
we have many new features, food system, new weapons, and i'm working on a new battle system as well.
All of which you have gained through sincerely pissing of the scripting section.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Banned
Quote:
um no one lost respect of me. IM still pretty good friends with all of them except bad which is like 2 haha. And i think its fine that everybody reads that you like a person who idles on a server better and i was playing with him cuz he always got mad and pissed and it was funny that i cudnt stop, or maybe i knew he couldnt do his job either making excuses not to. Eh DR was getting boring and i doubt youll even make a battle system. And the person who responded b4 excaliber(sorry forgot ur name) im saying it cuz he posted like 20 threads and no one has even responded to it and well it got annoying even as staff. Your servers a failure cuz u got 1 lat who i thinks just about ready to quit and a gat admin who possibly cant do gfx and makes excuses like his dad has the admin acc. Why would you even premote him if he cant do anything atm. Yes i have got diss marks about DR looking for staff, and i myself thought it too. No ones gonna play on 3 overworlds. Im saying this cuz hes pissing me off saying i staff abuse when i dont, i just knew this badlatino kid cudnt do gfx and keeps lieing about it.
Mystic, will you just forget about this? I didn't just fire you because you abused other people, I didn't like your attitude towards other players, that fact that you only 'fixed' one level for the server (I had to fix that, took longer than it would have to do it myself). You're mad at other people for not doing work, but all you wanted was a free ride on a server, you didn't do anything for it. I made a mistake when I picked you to be Co-manager; my next one won't be such an immature *****. Quit trying to get back at me for this, it's not my fault, I wasn't the only member of the staff that wanted to see you go...they were pretty happy when your RC was kicked off......
Old 08-24-2005, 07:35 PM
hehe this guys funny. I didnt do jack on that level except change that ugly tiles, it looked better than yours even tho it was still **** and i didnt even bother to fix it. And none of your staff do nothing to begin with. You cannot lat, jesus only u had one good lat and he didnt feel like doing work cuz no one else did. Only one person was happy and that was badlatino. You have like wat 3 active staff? ken, whirling and wreckage. None of them hate me cuz i talk to them all, well dont you feel darn dumb. Well im saying this cuz ur posting 20 threads in which no one wants to help you and im seeing that your asking peopel to put things in your script for you.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Banned
Oh, cut it out. You got fired, big deal. You'll get another staff possition, somewhere else, I'm sure. And the battle system is underway, it will have lvls, experience points, different atributes that reflect your class, and the ability to set an attack, skill manuver, defencive stuff, etc to different buttons sdf (and maybe other buttons) This will not play a very active role in DR2 (but it will be there, especially the button assignments and multiple attacks/skills whatever), but it will in DR and DR3.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:06 PM
i didnt care to begin with and i bet your battle system would be a failure since peope are tired of helping you ;-)
Old 08-25-2005, 03:06 AM
Banned
Wink

My battle system is comming along well. I have a test GFX on one of the below screenshots. Different screenshots if you want to apply, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html we still could use GATs NATs LATs and a Co-manager, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fireblast3pic.png
Views:	163
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	33159   Click image for larger version

Name:	kendeepic.png
Views:	165
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	33160   Click image for larger version

Name:	statpic2.png
Views:	171
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	33161   Click image for larger version

Name:	thunderinhouse.png
Views:	157
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	33162  
Old 08-25-2005, 04:18 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
A bit of advice. You're going to have to do a lot better on your own first if you expect to ever get any decent staff to help you.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Banned
Here's some more pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	exfinal1pic.png
Views:	161
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	33171   Click image for larger version

Name:	molntpic.png