FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Armageddon

First off... here
http://armageddon.ekosoftsolutions.co.cc

It's about time a server focused more on the sparrers, pkers, and guilds. Armageddon will be doing that. Other servers in dev are simply copying servers like Era and Zodiac, or trying to merge something towards Zodiac and UN, giving a somewhat boring feel, at least to myself.

That's where Armageddon steps in. It's being developed mostly by a guild, with the guilds ideas as well, so focusing on guilds will be the main priority. It will have easy accessible guild war rooms, a constant war level, guild registration to allow guild access in starting wars, access in their guild house, ect., different style events called champion events, which will be modeled off of tournaments from the renassiance period, and although I cant say it yet, more focus on sparrers as well.

The website will be releasing what the server has as it goes through its development and implements it on the server. There is a section which very briefly describes the dev stages we are doing in the forums on our website as well.

All in all, I've been playing graal since the end of 1999, and watched as guilds slowly died away. It's really sad. Zodiac and Era offer players something different, fun, and somewhat constantly exciting, so we're all hoping that Armageddon will offer players what used to be fun, classic style guilds, sparring, and quests, as well as some new things and features of coarse. The old style is what kept 500+ people on graal, so hopefully the old style can bring that back somewhat.

Anyways, check out the site if you are interested. We are also hiring. Its posted in the PWA hiring section and on our website.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 10-17-2009, 03:59 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm happy to see someone propose a project adopting a classic Graal feel of gameplay, good luck to you.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:08 AM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I'm happy to see someone propose a project adopting a classic Graal feel of gameplay, good luck to you.
amen
Old 10-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Totally agree with the 2 above me.

But you have to understand a big part of why there isn't 500+ people on this game any more is because it's a rip off and not worth the money, not because of the game play etc..
Old 10-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Is Bruce Willis in it?
Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Totally agree with the 2 above me.

But you have to understand a big part of why there isn't 500+ people on this game any more is because it's a rip off and not worth the money, not because of the game play etc..
there isn't much to show for the gameplay anymore period, so not only is it a ripoff, but there isn't a solid classic server either
Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Cyril Rain
And also, there was a fine player count in 2003, in 2005, even and "ok" one in 2007. Those were all the same, basically as now, but servers kept going towards rp, and shoved off alot of old graal players.

we're hoping to revive that. Just in my own notices, my guild SDE alone has brough back old members, a classic server could do wonders, especially focusing on guilds.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
We want a preview! The official October ones blow!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
We want a preview! The official October ones blow!
a preview can be ready in the next two-three weeks if things keep going as well as they are.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
(Developer)
DarkIceX is on a distinguished road
Looks nice so far. I gave my opinions to Hiro/Cyril/Decus.

Hopefully it goes over well, sounds like it could be quite successful.

Bloodvayne
Old 10-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Cyril Rain
Finished one of two war systems. Well, basically it's done.
We have a few more islands to do, a few fix ups here and there, the regular events, special events, and some weapons/items, then the stage 1 development is done, and it will have things for people to do while we finish stage 2!

Hopefully stage 1 will all be completed by mid November.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Cyril Rain
Well, we've kind of changed our route of how the server was going a bit.

We're going to be focusing on even more classic attributes. We are going to have old weapons revisited, like the hookshot, sword charge, dash, ect ect. Some things will be new, like a new inventory look, new bow, new bombs.

We're going through and making our own turn of things off of Zelda: Link to the past, in a way I guess you could say. Some of our images, sound effects, and music may even resemble the game, but are completely created by us, and have a different twist to them, so no, they are not stolen from anything (in referring to zelda, I just wanted to make this clear). We do have a few placeholder images that will be replaced, just to let people know so we don't hear "OH! THATS from THERE!". Thats why we need a gfx artist so badly.

We are also dedicating an entire gmap to solo players. This will include the classic type quests, alot like Zelda's. Also will have trading, auction houses, events, champion events (will describe that later on after its made), player houses, with a furniture system, ALOT of classic style weapons, and maybe, maybe jobs, although I kind of hate them, it seems a lot of players dont.

The guild stuff will be on its own gmap as well. An entire 200 levels dedicated to guilds for guild houses, fortresses, a few guild events, and maybe a town or two, as well as quests possibly, depending on space. All the guild houses, fortresses, and a few guild events will be able to be taken over completely by a winning guild, and that winning guild will be granted special access to things in the guild house, fortress, ect.

We will also have a small gmap for a constant war zone, called the abyss (rag all you want, we don't really care and yes, we do realize and know for those of you who realize and know the name). It will keep up with the top 5 guilds highest kill numbers, and any guild can go in at any time to try and take the lead, as long as they've registered their guild on the server.

We have extra things too, like:
-a message system that compliments the regular pms, toguilds, and chat, as well as guild messages that pop to members on login or tag set.
-Extremely unique jail and ban system.
-Awsome warper (coming soon). It really is coo.
-A war system that is clean and simple, accessible to any guild memebers in a registered global guild that have "access" set in that guild. Up to 5 wars can go on at once. Has an invite system and all.
-A gui to control guild stuff, as well as view your guild information.
-A lot of things like a shop system, graphics uploader, ect thanks to the graal community. We have no problem utilizing those scripts, thats why theyre there. xD
-Theres more, I'm just tired.

Anyways, check that in my comments and in our hiring thread, we are still hiring. We have alot to do, and our goal is less than 3 months. So any help is appreciated, because we're pretty much a team of 5, and only 3 of those can do levels, nat, or gfx each.

Some screens of stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW1.png
Views:	376
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	49857   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW2.png
Views:	336
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	49858   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW3.png
Views:	330
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	49859   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW4.png
Views:	313
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	49860   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW5.png
Views:	333
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	49861  

Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW6.png
Views:	321
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	49862   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW7.png
Views:	335
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	49863   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW8.png
Views:	351
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	49864   Click image for larger version

Name:	armageddon-NEW9.png
Views:	365
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	49865  

Last edited by sssssssssss; 11-21-2009 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: Forgot, since we ARE in Dev...
Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I see some perspective issues in some of the screenshots, but the server itself looks nice.
The development is quite fast and from what I've seen, I expect everything else I'll see to be decent. Good job and keep going !
Old 11-21-2009, 10:36 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Is Bruce Willis in it?
I lol'd.

I like the tileset and the way you use it. It has so much more of a Graal feel than anything else I've seen the past few years. The levels definitely need some serious work, though.

I'm interested to see where this project goes.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:16 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
I wish you the best of luck, for this is a server I would love to see made. There is starting to be a lack in guilds, which in my opinion, is one of the most fun aspects of Graal. You seem to know what the players want, and have some great ideas.

Again, I wish you the best of luck.
Closed Thread