Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we complete the system?
Yes 11 35.48%
No 20 64.52%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Voted as no for reasons already stated by others. Multiple-character slots might not have much use/purpose at the moment, but what about re-working that system to multiple equipment slots at the push of a hotkey?

Examples of usage: Melee Damage Build, Sparring/HP Build, Post-Poison Build, PvE Build, Magic Build.

*Shrugs*. Not to say I'm actually suggesting this be done-- it probably just makes more sense than a character slot system.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
rpg servers need to learn the principles of a balanced advantage/disadvantage system

Old 09-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
but what about re-working that system to multiple equipment slots at the push of a hotkey?
Conq has a good idea here. I loved when other games let me swap quickly between my PvE and PvP gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post

Maybe we can redevelop the classes aswell.
Wouldn't that require a reset to make fair? Well, I guess you could just let players reselect their class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
rpg servers need to learn the principles of a balanced advantage/disadvantage system
Agreed
Old 09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
+1 to this.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Because it was so worth it the first time right?

This is perhaps the very last thing on the list of things GK needs.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
I see no reason in having multiple characters on this server. Even to just have mules is not a reason to have this option. Unless classes get a complete revamp, weapons modified to be class only, and skills/spells get revamped there is no reason. Currently classes can do the same exact thing as any other class so there is no point. It is a waste of time that developers can be working on something to actually benefit the server.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Because it was so worth it the first time right?

This is perhaps the very last thing on the list of things GK needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
I see no reason in having multiple characters on this server. Even to just have mules is not a reason to have this option. Unless classes get a complete revamp, weapons modified to be class only, and skills/spells get revamped there is no reason. Currently classes can do the same exact thing as any other class so there is no point. It is a waste of time that developers can be working on something to actually benefit the server.
This about wraps up how I feel about this. On another note, first one that voted "No".
Old 09-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
So... here I see about 20 posts explaining their 16 'No' votes.

And 8 people voted 'Yes' because...?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
So... here I see about 20 posts explaining their 16 'No' votes.

And 8 people voted 'Yes' because...?
I already mentioned that we are also revamping the classes. Char slot system will be released with the revamped Classes.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 PM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
I voted ''Yes'' for a couple of reason here are some. Different god because gov/ogma are much more useful in spars (good items are always rewarded when winning a big spar). 2 Easier laming for example brigid lame outside bile person walks out dead. 3 connects to 1 but is for a ''gaining wealth type thing'' to switch gods max wis and take every other ogma/gov user out of business.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I voted yes, because of other potential updates. However that would make this less of a priority at the time being. Still with revamped classes this could pretty neat.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
I already mentioned that we are also revamping the classes. Char slot system will be released with the revamped Classes.
why have a poll asking if we should do it if you're going to do it anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
It's simple, the road to getting to the point where character slots would be a viable and useful update is soooo far away that you're better off announcing or beginning a debate on how we should tackle the more important problems on the road towards that. Mentioning character slots at this point is just too early and isn't even the main talking point against all the supposed updates we'll get before that.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's simple, the road to getting to the point where character slots would be a viable and useful update is soooo far away that you're better off announcing or beginning a debate on how we should tackle the more important problems on the road towards that. Mentioning character slots at this point is just too early and isn't even the main talking point against all the supposed updates we'll get before that.
Sums it up pretty well. I am still really against it and the poll showed that most are too. Yet, it's being worked on seemingly.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Sorry, seems like you missed the last few pages of conversation and the first post.

Nico found Tigs old character slot system, which was unfinished. He asked if it should be completed. Alternatively, people suggested (at the very least) making classes more meaningful first. As a result a serious conversation has started about how we can improve classes in another thread. I would link you, but I'm on my ipad.

As for pat - the slot system is not being worked on. No one said that; nico simply asked if the player base felt it was worth completing at this time. The focus has been shifted to classes. Also, someone suggested the idea of starting fresh on a new magic system which I quite like.

All of the information you need to clearly understand the situation is available here. There is no need for speculation.