Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2004, 05:33 AM
Still sane
Toxin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Toxin
Lightbulb Gold/VIP time transfer

I was thinking the other day, when I asked Stefan to transfer my gold+vip time from my other account to Toxin. (I am now asking unixmad because I was informed by someone that stefan cant do that, only unix)

I had the idea, what if they were to add a section of the site where you could transfer "packages" of time, and that specific package could only be transferred once; from one account to another; then that package of time becomes permanent and non-transferrable unless a staff member does it...

1 package would = 1 month to a year of gold
Vip would be transferred as a whole, no breaking into parts

If the recieving account is not an upgraded account (not even classic), then it only becomes classic for that period of time; unless the first account transfers ALL of it's gold time... just a couple thoughts... FLAME YOUR LITTLE HEARTS OUT (but constructive criticism only), the more you beat this idea up, the more presentable the final product will be.

Things to consider:
1) Giving gold or vip time as a gift
2) Making a new account and dropping your old one
3) A way to check if the sending vip member is currently participating in any exclusive vip activities. (wouldnt allow them to transfer)
4) Guild ownership would transfer from one account to the other
5) VIP tag would change to the new account

Staff Position: Unemployed
Quote: "Flamers, Lamers, and Newbs! Oh my!" - Toxin
Old 12-31-2004, 05:46 AM
Banned
Slash-P2P is on a distinguished road
You have some good ideas, but (i'm not sure about you - but for me) the staff won't do it.

I also think Graal should have an account wipe feature. If you don't log in with the account every 90 days or something, your account gets erased (provided it is a classic or trial account).
Old 12-31-2004, 05:51 AM
BEst User EVER!
falco10291029 is on a distinguished road
it should only get erase dif it's trial, no one would agree to it if it included classic
Old 12-31-2004, 05:59 AM
Evil
Evil_Trunks is on a distinguished road
I don't think they would allow you to transfer time from account to account because this will mean less people upgrading?

Old 12-31-2004, 06:35 AM
Still sane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Trunks
I don't think they would allow you to transfer time from account to account because this will mean less people upgrading?
Actually, this would most likely be the same amount of people upgrading as before, but it might even encourage others (or not, but nobody is really hurt) to upgrade after their recieved time runs out... This would be using pre-existing gold time, so it would have to be purchased before transferring...

If you mean that they wouldnt be able to force people to upgrade new accounts when they leave their old accounts and gold/vip time behind, that would be quite mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin
that specific package could only be transferred once; from one account to another; then that package of time becomes permanent and non-transferrable unless a staff member does it...
If you mean they could just keep making accounts and transferring gold time between all of them back and forth or something, they wouldnt be able to this way... but having the packages split up from months to years wouldn't work either; so all gold/vip time per package would be most effective I guess.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:29 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-P2P
I also think Graal should have an account wipe feature. If you don't log in with the account every 90 days or something, your account gets erased (provided it is a classic or trial account).
Are you saying Classic accounts should get erased?
Old 12-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225
I'm pretty sure thats what he said... provided you can read.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:28 AM
Possibly Possessed
Qwert616 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While it might bring a few more upgrades here and there from a few forgetfull/busy people, doesn't erasing idle classic accounts remove the slight twinkle of hope that a particular idle player will return?
Old 12-31-2004, 01:21 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
If your transfers were split into months, it would mean less upgrading.
"onoz i am trial" "here have month of gold" "ok thx@u"
If it were to happen, it really should be the whole subscription, or not at all.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Malorian
JudgeDurst is on a distinguished road
I personally think you should just get the option to buy time for somebody else as a gift. You'd provide your accountname and pass incase this gift happens to be given with a fake credit card so the wrong person is not punished.

I don't like the idea of actually transferring time between accounts. I guess the transaction ID would probably prevent acc stealers, but still, I wouldn't like to know that people could potentially transfer other people's account time to themselves.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Banned
Slash-P2P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225
Inactive classic accounts. Lets say I want the account cooldude1000 but somebody has it and never uses it. I could wait for it to expire and get it.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:03 PM
Evil
Evil_Trunks is on a distinguished road
great, then we have all sorts of kids trying to be cool with their "Antago" and "PACHUKA" accounts

plus, what Qwert said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert616
While it might bring a few more upgrades here and there from a few forgetfull/busy people, doesn't erasing idle classic accounts remove the slight twinkle of hope that a particular idle player will return?

Old 01-01-2005, 05:20 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
So then the top hackers of Graal could have a lifetime of Gold! yey!
Old 01-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Still sane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurkiba
So then the top hackers of Graal could have a lifetime of Gold! yey!
Actually, if they hacked a bunch of accounts; they would anyway...
The time transferred would have to already exist (be purchased) before being sent; so if a hacker did steal a bunch of accounts and transfer his time to one account, it would still be the same thing as before, except it would be on one account, and increasing the risk of him losing it all anyway if he were to get caught...

New Info/Ideas I had:
1) A package of time (all time existing on an account, both gold and vip) would be only transferrable once. (The account that would recieve the time wouldnt be able to transfer it)
2) No gifts or anything; this would be only for those who want to transfer time from an old account that they want to go back to trial mode; to a new account that they want to become classic, and gold or vip.
3) There would be logs to show both accounts involved in a transfer, and the ip address used
4) The person transferring would have to logon to account X from the site, select to transfer the time to Y, and enter the password for Y.
5) You would have to wait until both accounts are at least 24 hours old to recieve time from the transfer method.
6) From each IP address, you could only transfer time once a month, from any account.
7) It could or not need Spark's (account admin) confirmation for each transfer, just a security thought...

Unix just said "no" to my time transfer (I asked to transfer my time from Janus to Toxin; not "no" to this thread, but I can see it coming)...

Unix also mentioned the time transfer thing being not allowed because it is written in the license; so this idea probably wont happen either... unless he changes the license. *starts a petition* nah..

BTW; I never said anything about account wipes, make your own thread! lol

Last edited by Toxin; 01-01-2005 at 10:02 PM..
Old 01-01-2005, 10:46 PM
The Great Nappa
Nappa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nappa
Quote:
Inactive classic accounts. Lets say I want the account cooldude1000 but somebody has it and never uses it. I could wait for it to expire and get it.

Someone had the account Nappa, all I did was e-mail lyndzey a long time ago and she just gave the account to me. (Granted it was a trial account, I believe)