Old 12-16-2011, 11:54 PM
iPaul has a little shameless behaviour in the past
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
iPaul is my favorite player on Era.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:14 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Classic accounts are a step backward.

PC Graal needs to drop the tiered (Trial-Classic-Gold) system it currently uses and remove observer mode then sell the following one-time "upgrades" instead:

$10-$15 - Developer License (Allows you to use RC/be Staff on all servers)
$5 - Player Customization (Lets you change Community Name, and Heads)

Classic accounts would be phased out and be given Player Customization, active classic accounts (ones that logged on in the last 2 years) would be given the developer license.

There would be no more trial status either.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:49 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I don't like limiting heads, but it's better than observer mode. I doubt PC Graal could make much money with one-time upgrades as Jer proposed. I think Era's gelat shop, however, could work as a model for other servers. They've made a sizable amount through gelat sales with that shop (unixmad yelled at me last time I dropped numbers, though). It doesn't require you to purchase items to play the server, like on Zone, but it still generates revenue.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Classic accounts are a step backward.
I don't believe Classic accounts are a step forward either, but I thought it was a more viable format pre-V5 compared to post V5, only until the influx of iPhone refugees causing a surge of account purchases despite the subscription being a limited time for a ridiculously high price.
Ofcourse none of us have the full data in order to make conclusions but I would speculate that older players being allowed to keep LifeTime Classic subscription is what kept Graal PC ticking throughout this period.

Quote:
$10-$15 - Developer License (Allows you to use RC/be Staff on all servers)
People should have to pay for the privilege of making the game?
I'm sure it would make money as there would be people who pay it anyway, but this would be counter productive in the long run, especially considering the current lack of developers who are capable of improving the game.
That said a one time smaller payment would be much more inciting than the current system.

Quote:
$5 - Player Customization (Lets you change Community Name, and Heads)
I expect this will be the case no matter what, but I personally frown on the idea of purchasing basic character customisation being mandatory, as this is one of the things which makes Graal what it is. The same goes for the ability to upload your own graphics, putting a price tag on this is detracting one of the elements that Graal actually does offer better than most other games, it's something which should be embraced.

My 2 cents would be that it seems over the years Graal's management have been more focussed on finding ways to restrict players, to make them reluctantly pay money. Ideally the focus would be on improving the game and offering a good deal on real incentives which most would find worth paying for. Though ofcourse this would require a lot of effort when PC Graal is simply not a priority.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:10 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Cool

Quote:
Classic accounts would be phased out
Technically if you own a LIFETIME Classic account they can't ever remove it from you. In there TOS it states it would last forever, so removing it is breaking the TOS and you could sue them. I don't have a classic account, just sayin'

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:27 PM
robot alien space pirates
ShadowFist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShadowFist
DDD classic will stay, and they will make some new fancy way to charge the players more money, soo glad im classic DONT FEED THE COKE MACHINE
Old 12-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
All this gold crap should be completely removed and replaced with a new system.
Guest Accounts
  • Head, Body, Shield and Swords are allowed to be changed.
  • Observer mode completely removed.
  • Can send unlimited PM's.
  • Doesn't have access to Gold servers.
Subscribed Accounts
  • Changeable community name.
  • Given access to work on any server.
  • Unlimited subscription time; obviously the cost would be higher.
  • Access to global outfit changeable via the start button.
  • Given a one time only account that the player can choose.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
All this gold crap should be completely removed and replaced with a new system.
Guest Accounts
Subscribed Accounts
  • Changeable community name.
  • Unlimited subscription time; obviously the cost would be higher.
  • Access to global outfit changeable via the start button.
  • Given a one time only account that the player can choose.
Need more clarification to make a distinctive difference between subscribing and just being a free player.

Also I'm going to point out what someone already stated about from something I noticed in your list.

Quote:
Guest Accounts

Subscribed Accounts
with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
People should have to pay for the privilege of making the game?
I'm sure it would make money as there would be people who pay it anyway, but this would be counter productive in the long run, especially considering the current lack of developers who are capable of improving the game.
That said a one time smaller payment would be much more inciting than the current system.
While I do like the fact that the free players would get rather nice privileges versus the current system at hand, I feel there needs to be heavy refinement on this, though you have a very good base to where we could potentially begin upon.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Somebody needs to sit down and think long and hard about this. The current system is wacko and needs some tweaking. I've never seen a subscription system to retarded in my life.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Somebody needs to sit down and think long and hard about this. The current system is wacko and needs some tweaking. I've never seen a subscription system to retarded in my life.
You forgot smack the living hell out of Stefan and or Unixmad (I guess Darlene too once or twice for good measure.)

Old 12-17-2011, 04:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
free to play, free to develop

buy minor stuff from cash shops like extra character slots (zodiac), whatever it is you do on era, special graphics of npcs (classic, or just about every server), etc

buying a server still costs but should be reduced

overall it's still sad that with this model the players would be creating all the content to generate revenue for CJ. i still wouldnt mind seeing an exclusive high-quality gold server developed by stefan w/ paid staff like elk and dusty but that won't happen
Old 12-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
overall it's still sad that with this model the players would be creating all the content to generate revenue for CJ. i still wouldnt mind seeing an exclusive high-quality gold server developed by stefan w/ paid staff like elk and dusty but that won't happen
It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
You forgot smack the living hell out of Stefan and or Unixmad (I guess Darlene too once or twice for good measure.)
But we all know she secretly likes it.
And to what crono said, that would be ideal and would boost the **** out of the player count for Graal, but that means Stefan and Unixmad will lose money. oh no...
Old 12-17-2011, 09:09 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
We would of never figured that out on our own if Fulgore and Emera didn't point out the obvious!