FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 01:19 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman771 View Post
if u don't add any spice to the same old food it gets boring after awhile.
+1
Old 01-14-2014, 02:36 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
these threads always turn into a GOP vs DEM debate.
get me some cheaper gun skins kthx
Old 01-14-2014, 02:45 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
What is GOP vs. DEM?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:48 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
politics. the gop vs democrats aka repubs vs democrats type of stuff.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Let it out koho
Old 01-15-2014, 02:37 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I think you're unfairly lumping me together with Zach.
I wasn't disagreeing with Godzilla. People should help out if they want to.
It only becomes a problem, in my eyes, when people begin to expect staff to do more than what their job entails.

"You're a PR that doesn't do graphics? Way to be lazy."
After re-reading the posts I thought I would address this; How are they going to know? How are the players going to know that you're doing more than your job? When I was a PR under RayMan's shenanigans I was completely aware of all development and helping wherever possible and even he didn't know I was multi-tasking my PR work with other work. I mean, unless you run around unstick me saying; "Hey I just recolored all the guns for you guys so have fun with them" players really won't know that you did it but I guess that's what people love now-a-days, recognition of what they have done, attention.

I mean, I was cycling in and out hats at the SR shop and the only people who knew were the management and high admins. I was getting gani's made for projects that we could use as quests and only management and high admins knew, I multi-tasked my PR work with other work and within a few months of being a PR, active every day and doing everything I could do I was rewarded with PRA.

It pays to help wherever you can help, especially if you have something to prove but that doesn't mean you need player recognition for it, the self reward and reward of thankfulness from the development and management was more than enough to keep me interested in everything I did.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Where are the Forum mods?
Era has no specific forum moderators because of ever-changing management, and the fact that someone highup (maybe unix?) said only managers could be mods.
The global forum mods sometimes have their hands full. While Era has the highest concentration of people needing moderation, every server probably has a few. Lump them all together on one unified forum..mmm.
I should remind you (as I myself was reminded) that each post has a report function and w/e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
In my opinion I believe PR's to play a prime role on Era. If I work on the development team, why would I lookup logs if I'm here to develop?

PR's deal with the small problems and help/lead on larger player related problems/issues Admins and Development staff might not have time for or want to deal with. (Note: most (if not all) current admins are developers)
Pretty much this, I suppose. PRs are there to interface with players and deal with non-development related issues.
As for the players complaining about deletion/reinsertion of staff positions: It's not really up to you how management delegates the server's workload.
Disclaimer: Yes, I'm a PR. Yes, my opinions are subjective. So are yours. Sweet jesus ping me for something else at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
1.The most unprofessional server i have ever witnessed.
2.Half the management is against each other
3.The amount of abusing, abuse, and corruption within the management is horrendous.
4.The only way this server has a future if the PWA get on regularly and make sure they stay in line and make sure their projects are being finished (correctly).
1. We consistently beat every single other server for playercount. Once in a while, we hold more players than all other servers on the main page combined.
2/3 You wouldn't know, and I personally disagree. Having been through quite a few managements, I can honestly say that our team is pretty great comparatively.
4. Because you do not have login.txt log access I wouldn't expect you to know, but PWAs do check up regularly in-game, and (I assume) speak with administrators outside of it -- perhaps Stephen's response earlier in this thread is some indicator. If we were mucking up in their opinion, don't you think something would be done? mmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
This is the equivalent to continuously making Reese a PR.
If u don't add any spice to the same old food it gets boring after awhile.
Until the day I die, I will never understand what's up w/Reese. At this point he must be hmm-hmming unixmad himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
attention.
I mean,
I was cycling
I was getting gani's made
I multi-tasked my PR work
doing everything I could do I was rewarded
Neither humility nor consistency seem to be your strong suits.

Man isn't this fun I feel like Wil

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Jumping on the forum and posting your opinion whilst it contradicts others doesn't mean you're right but again, prime example of someone who is big-headed and see's them self above others proving that all of the statements in other threads about Staff being the very cause for the servers long demise.

We could sit here and argue but you're wrong so I won't bother wasting more time.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:19 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
I'll bet a small amount of money that you will. Maybe not today, maybe not a week from now, maybe not directly, but yes.

Especially if I imply this about you!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
Maybe this is me and I DON'T KNOW ohgod.
cmon you can't just leave that unchallenged, look at you.

What about this
"Argumentum ad hominem – the evasion of the actual topic by directing the attack at your opponent."

please I could wikipedia all day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRdLJ6e7j_0
This one prob gets me in trouble, sorry mods

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Quote:
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I'll bet a small amount of money that you will. Maybe not today, maybe not a week from now, maybe not directly, but yes.

Especially if I imply this about you!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
Maybe this is me and I DON'T KNOW ohgod.
cmon you can't just leave that unchallenged, look at you.

What about this
"Argumentum ad hominem – the evasion of the actual topic by directing the attack at your opponent."

please I could wikipedia all day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRdLJ6e7j_0
This one prob gets me in trouble, sorry mods
Haaaaaah. Pretty much this. I'M PUMPED.

I like how much it bothers you guys when I post on forums. It's kind of funny to be honest. These forums are no better than the unofficial these days. Just a bunch of banned/has been players voicing their opinions that nobody really even cares about. Have fun with that.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Waiting for a Ove Glove skin design set plz ty asdf
Old 01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Era has no specific forum moderators because of ever-changing management, and the fact that someone highup (maybe unix?) said only managers could be mods.
The global forum mods sometimes have their hands full. While Era has the highest concentration of people needing moderation, every server probably has a few. Lump them all together on one unified forum..mmm.
I should remind you (as I myself was reminded) that each post has a report function and w/e

Pretty much this, I suppose. PRs are there to interface with players and deal with non-development related issues.
As for the players complaining about deletion/reinsertion of staff positions: It's not really up to you how management delegates the server's workload.
Disclaimer: Yes, I'm a PR. Yes, my opinions are subjective. So are yours. Sweet jesus ping me for something else at least.

1. We consistently beat every single other server for playercount. Once in a while, we hold more players than all other servers on the main page combined.
2/3 You wouldn't know, and I personally disagree. Having been through quite a few managements, I can honestly say that our team is pretty great comparatively.
4. Because you do not have login.txt log access I wouldn't expect you to know, but PWAs do check up regularly in-game, and (I assume) speak with administrators outside of it -- perhaps Stephen's response earlier in this thread is some indicator. If we were mucking up in their opinion, don't you think something would be done? mmm.

Until the day I die, I will never understand what's up w/Reese. At this point he must be hmm-hmming unixmad himself.

Man isn't this fun I feel like Wil

Do you realize what you say most of the time, Scoper? You are staff so of course you will do and say anything to defend that. You are seriously telling me that the management team on era is run professionally and everyone sticks to the rules? You seriously telling me that projects are all lined up and being worked on in order and released when they are 100% working? Your staff team is a joke regardless of the playercount. We both know this.

Also just because a PWA logs onto era doesn't mean they are asking about projects and asking to show what you guys have been doing. They don't do that, which they should.

Also, 2. 'I wouldn't know that'... Why wouldn't i know that? I talk to them and they talk about each other, so don't tell me what i know and don't know.

Just because i don't have login.txt means that i am wrong? I am 100% right and you know i am to. When was the last time you seen a PWA come online and ask whats been going on and being asked to show what you guys came up with? Pretty sure it hasn't happened.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 01-16-2014 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: Calm yourself before you get yourself into hot water.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
After re-reading the posts I thought I would address this; How are they going to know? How are the players going to know that you're doing more than your job? When I was a PR under RayMan's shenanigans I was completely aware of all development and helping wherever possible and even he didn't know I was multi-tasking my PR work with other work. I mean, unless you run around unstick me saying; "Hey I just recolored all the guns for you guys so have fun with them" players really won't know that you did it but I guess that's what people love now-a-days, recognition of what they have done, attention.

I mean, I was cycling in and out hats at the SR shop and the only people who knew were the management and high admins. I was getting gani's made for projects that we could use as quests and only management and high admins knew, I multi-tasked my PR work with other work and within a few months of being a PR, active every day and doing everything I could do I was rewarded with PRA.

It pays to help wherever you can help, especially if you have something to prove but that doesn't mean you need player recognition for it, the self reward and reward of thankfulness from the development and management was more than enough to keep me interested in everything I did.
You're clearly missing the point.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Still wasting time here?
Quote:
Quote:
Do you realize what you say most of the time, Scoper? You are staff so of course you will do and say anything to defend that.
Hahahahaha igotuamirite

Quote:
You are seriously telling me that the management team on era is run professionally and everyone sticks to the rules? You seriously telling me that projects are all lined up and being worked on in order and released when they are 100% working? Your staff team is a joke regardless of the playercount. We both know this.
I don't know if you're aware, but the expectations you have outlined do not happen anywhere -- they are idealistic as well as unrealistic, especially if you consider the fact that not a single person is paid to provide services to you, the player.
Nobody's perfect. I'm not perfect. Blue and rogue are in fact perfect. But damn man, we try.

Quote:
When was the last time you seen a PWA come online and ask whats been going on and being asked to show what you guys came up with? Pretty sure it hasn't happened.
It's hard to take your opinions seriously when you have no grasp of proper grammar. I'm not claiming to be a saint here myself, but..
Anyway, this does happen. I'm not allowed to copy RClogs (lest I be yelled at, banned, w/e), so you'll have to take my word for it. Or not. Probably not.

Quote:
Other insults about my personal character and the staff team
Sometimes when I'm bored or not at home (no RC amirite) I come on here to post what I consider to be valid opinions; this generally leads to a shift where I just continue to post, because those points have not been addressed, for fun.
Hello pot, I'm kettle, and maaaan are we black.

At this point I'm looking forward to an entire page of Reply to deleted post. Give it a day or three

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
I'm not even paying attention to my grammar Lol Why do you care so much about that? You should worry about your own grammar before you take a dig at someone else's.

You give me a sore head man. No point getting into a debate with you because you go away and think about what your going to say next even though you are wrong. That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Closed Thread