Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?
Yes 35 67.31%
Yes, with reserves... (please list below) 5 9.62%
No 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
i miss sitting on Babylon using the swatter for hours and having swatting parties

This would be a really cool idea. Even if the NPC's didn't work, it'd still be cool to see the layouts of the levels and such and maybe someone who knows each server well could kind of set up a tour like thing with signs having descriptions of cool areas.

Alot of the servers mentioned, i only played once or twice, and i'd love to remember what those servers were like.

And some of you are bashing tig for his ideas, when i think he is the first pwa that i noticed atleast, that actually thinks like a player of graal and seems to be trying to get involved with the players by making these polls and such.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:17 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
I would like to know how you plan to convert a giant list of entire pre-npc server serverbackups to work with the NPC server?
The server would remain in gs1 for the majority. I can easily search the levels using windows search for 'toweapons', 'toinventory', and other old deprecated commands and convert them or remove them (convert toweapons to addweapon and remove toinventory).

Please try to understand that for the most part these servers wouldn't be completely functional as they were back in the day (lacking certain features, events, etc), but are to serve the purpose of nostalgia, not game-play.

I believe with a little creativity it could be very easy to transition servers from <= 2003 to an npc-server.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
I like the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 05-15-2009, 02:41 AM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
Lol what about Era? That server was THE **** in 2002-2003.

I don't think any backups exist in those times though.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Back then back ups where routinely kept by stefan, there was alot of immature staff and always ended up deleting the server. Either way, the servers I mentioned may of not been completed or even close to completetion. THE POINT I was trying to make is, there are servers out there that failed for other reasons then lack of players.

P.S I forget Kittahs first name but she went to UN after. She got manager after heyHOST disappeared, That also happened a lot back then.
What Delteria are you guys Referring to? I been playing graal since 99, and still from this Day I never seen delteria even close to the top of the list.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 05-24-2009, 02:18 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
LMAO Xibit (or however it's spelled)

This would be great, I'm sure many people would come and take a look around if this were to happen.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:28 AM
SymphoniaPrince is an unknown quantity at this point
lol "Xzibit", funny stuff. Good idea.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
I've often thought about this and think it would be amazing. I have a pretty busy summer but plan to potentially return to development of Graal so would be open to a project like this! However I think such a project would be best as an actual server rather than a museum - I'm still not sure of your exact aspirations with the old versions of content you'll obtain.

I would however object to the idea of 'going back in time' at some sort of opening screen because there aren't enough players to make such an idea work well. I'd must prefer parts of the servers to be used as islands or perhaps towns/areas on an island - so that all the players are together in one world as Graal at its peak for me was all about running around and seeing other people.

Making it too fragmented or big (including overall level design, which to take my favourite of the list (Rudora) made it work despite a low playercounter as the levels were generally small in the main town and overworld to make sure you walked past other players) in my opinion will hurt the overall gameplay.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
do you need permission? i thought anything uploaded was made property of graal. there for stefan and unixmad would be the ones to give you the green light?

but yeah i think it sounds like a great idea
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Idea sounds good but I don't think it can be pulled off how everyone is picturing it would be in their head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
do you need permission? i thought anything uploaded was made property of graal. there for stefan and unixmad would be the ones to give you the green light?

but yeah i think it sounds like a great idea
That's what I thought. I know for a fact Stefan and unixmad have said this publicly since 2001. Plus I am sure you LordHelmut or whatever wouldn't care if you use Babylon. He's making his own game Fantasy Tales Online.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Try to get a hold of Mithica.