Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
method to determine if client is minimised

hello!

i would really like to be able to determine whether players have their client minimised, one method i am aware of is the global variable 'isapplicationactive', however this is also set to true whenever you have focus applied to the playerlist or other external gui windows

can there be a method to determine for definite whether the client is minimised rather than just inactive?

thank you!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I think for external windows you can use "minimized" and also bounds etc. but not sure for the main window
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think for external windows you can use "minimized" and also bounds etc. but not sure for the main window
There's no way to directly reference the main window, so nope.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Why do you want to know if peoples graal client is minimized ? I don't think its none of graal or any player business to be honest if a program on a person computer is minimized.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
Why do you want to know if peoples graal client is minimized ? I don't think its none of graal or any player business to be honest if a program on a person computer is minimized.
It might be useful for some game mechanics, for example, some games allow you to disable sound when the window is minimised.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
so that when your client is minimised you are treated as if paused and cant be damaged
Old 06-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Graal Developer
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
isn't their a built in paused key (pressed P)

Problem solved!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Quote:
isn't their a built in paused key (pressed P)

Problem solved!
hello!

i shall assume you are not socially competent enough to have experienced friends contacting you in such a way that steals focus from the client window in the middle of a contest
Old 06-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
No need to be a jerk, Jack. I think explaining the intent of use for any code is a good first step, I was sort of curious what this would be used for, as well!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
did you not think Rave_J was being a jerk?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Rave_J always posts a bunch of nonchalant nonsense, which is tiring. His post isn't helping the cause.

A possibility to add scripting for minimize/restore events would be useful.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Oh I didn't think Rave J was pretty sarcastic or anything, hmm, that's unfortunate too.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:52 AM
Graal Developer
I wasn't being rude or anything, I would want to know why a game would want to check to see if the program is minimize. I honestly feel that graal shouldn't be able to check for the program to minimize due if you can check that what else can you check on a person computer?

You say that you want to use the program so if it is minimize then you auto pause but I stated that their was a paused key and if people are too lazy to use it then that's a player problem not a game problem. (If you are on Era then go into a no pk zone).

I do get a lot of pm's on graal (I am a very important person) but, just because I have pms flashing doesn't mean I answer them asap. If I am in a event then I would wait till I was done. The f7 player list doesn't auto lock onto the player list when a pm comes in from the main window. I think this feature would be useless.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:56 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
if you can check that what else can you check on a person computer?
Only whatever stefan allows you to check on a computer.

Quote:
You say that you want to use the program so if it is minimize then you auto pause but I stated that their was a paused key and if people are too lazy to use it then that's a player problem not a game problem. (If you are on Era then go into a no pk zone).
Well Imagine this. You are playing a server which you can't pause. A cutscene is happening but you minimize the window. Would be cool if it could know to pause the cutscene, right? This is just 1 example since it's probably easiest for me to explain.

Also, good to note that if the window is closed, you may decide certain scripts don't need to be running until reopened which can be helpful. Even disabling certain sounds.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
watch out they are stealing ur bank info