Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
It's an interesting idea. So long as you can maintain a community, i could see this being a fun server. However, you would need to make sure games are running 24/7 and you need to find a purpose to playing the server. On Era, if i work hard, i can join a gang and get awesome weapons. What do i get on this server? I want to be able to brag to others essentially.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd rather play polished flash multiplayer card games instead of Graal scripted ones. If I was going to gamble I would want to do it on and with Era/Zodiac money not some small 'Games Hub' with no benefit other than Wins++ or something like that.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
It's an interesting idea. So long as you can maintain a community, i could see this being a fun server. However, you would need to make sure games are running 24/7 and you need to find a purpose to playing the server. On Era, if i work hard, i can join a gang and get awesome weapons. What do i get on this server? I want to be able to brag to others essentially.
Well, usually when I play games, like I use to play Warcraft3 TD's Mauls and such, or Super Smash Brothers... there were no real reason to win... or to play the game besides the fact the games were fun.. As listen in earlier posts, some NATs may want to donate scripts which could be used as winnings.. but this isn't really the point of the server.. it is suppose to be games.. If someone created Pool, I would probably play it all day because I love playing pool.. get it?

I think achievements would be a good idea, but money can be implemented in the future, but currently has no purpose.

-EDIT-
Also, people would play games their selves, and they wouldn't really have to be run.. but the staff would have to play and get on too, no one will keep coming if there is no one on to play. ^.^;

So, I'd be on playing with people when I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I'd rather play polished flash multiplayer card games instead of Graal scripted ones. If I was going to gamble I would want to do it on and with Era/Zodiac money not some small 'Games Hub' with no benefit other than Wins++ or something like that.
Well, these won't be flash D:
I'm thinking more like Classics card game system, if we could even get that far. And the gambling isn't really on all games.. I suppose someone could gamble on poker, blackjack, but things like checkers, tic tac toe, chess and such would be a little odd.. Yahtzee would be neat.. but the server would be about games.. not exactly money or gambling... The point would be more to have fun.. that kind of stuff would be implemented later.. I'd think it would be cool to have a gift shop or something but not until a lot of games are done.. And seeing no NATs want to come forth and help yet, and I can't even get an image black jack to work... could be hard. ^.^

We do however have a server for now, and I am currently the only person doing anything which isn't much since we really only need NAT's and I am not a good one. :3

If Blue would message me, I could probably create the few outside or one outside level for now though..

Again, we are accepting programming help from anyone.
wink wink :]

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 04-13-2011 at 12:42 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 AM
SWIMGHOSTPURRP
swimdude will become famous soon enough
Sorry 2 say but graal will NEVER die unless it closes.
People are addicted so it really dont matter how dead it is .
Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 AM
David K?
Dead is rarely getting new people imo..
iPod is not dead.. Graal gets trials who quit because they don't know what to do.. on special occasions some people deceived into paying for an account.

Anyway, back on topic, I edited the game a little bit, decided to make all the cards and just make them hide. The X and Y can hide and show.. so now I just need to fix it up like it is playing. :]

-EDIT-

Well I'm glad I saved part of the script. I actually deleted some of it and needed see the old one and remember it lol.. Anyway I have the sorting system down, shuffling down, and the depending on if the player picks 1,2 or 3 computers down.. so the two cards at the start are almost done.. I just need to work on having the cards show and go to the correct spot.. hopefully that will be done tomorrow.. if not more. :]

Currently:

Blues server,

Owner: Blue
Manager: David K?

Helping when they have time: Phil

If I am the only NAT, the games won't get very far.. I don't even know how I can make it multiplayer. Thor said it would be pretty complex and client > server > client.. but I don't really know what to do with that.. I may have it so you have to be sitting at the table but idk.. even like that it sounds hard.

If you'd like to help out or join and are a NAT and can think of and create games, please let me know.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 04-13-2011 at 10:13 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
why is this thread in the opinion section when it's turned into a "server update" thread?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:49 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
why is this thread in the opinion section when it's turned into a "server update" thread?
Because there was no server.. it was an opinion of something that should happen.. And in my opinion, I still feel it should happen.

Someone has let me use their server.. and I am trying to make a Black Jack game.. but with only a server and my self.. It isn't happening. :c

I have not touched the server yet, and I have no need to until there is more people to help contribute to the idea. As far as it is concerned, this state is still an idea. :'[

If you can program I'd love it if you could help out should you want to.
Again, so far it is only myself and Testbed, and I am only a beginner NAT.

-EDIT-
The server isn't Testbed, but I cannot use RC elsewhere so I work on Testbed.
The server is blue something lol.. You can just type in blue, but you won't see anything towards the game idea; only the remnants of the old server idea.

-Second Edit-
Compy has, thankfully, informed me that my cards have a 1 in them.. and an ace lol.. this is why I shouldn't be the only NAT. ;]

I feel stupid and embarrassed I forgot how a deck of cards look as I was creating the image. Taking the line of 1's out lmao

-Third Edit-
Tomorrow I hope to have this thread deleted, and a new one inside the new server thread.

I have a lot of GFX work tomorrow, moreso I need to first create a new movement system. Looks like I will be hiring GATs "Only for Ganis" LATs and Definitely NATs after all.

Depending what Blue says, I may just make the server visually 3D for the most part. Going to create one avatar as well until the server progresses and we are required more.

Should the project fail.. I'll still have all my graphics. :]

Unless I get a reply, consider this my last post in this thread.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 04-14-2011 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Cannot repost, needed to add something.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
David K?
Exclamation Delete this thread please.

I'd like this thread deleted please, I hope to have some visuals for the new thread I will be posting later under server hiring.

I believe it has moved out of an idea / opinion.. still only being worked on by myself but... >.>

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz