Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Layers > 0 Issue...

Alright, for what it's worth, I know layers do not have a lot of support in the main client behind them, but they are pretty neat, and I have been experimenting with them.

Here is how I ran into the issue I currently have (online, on a paid-for-playerworld).

I started out with a regular Pics1 style tileset, and made a gmap with it, and it turned out well, functioned properly, no issues. I later decided that I would benefit from going type1, because it would add more versatility.

I made a GMAP with some mountains, and several mountain / layered stuff set up using the pics1 style tileset that would have layer support. I later started with a fresh GMAP, fresh type-1 styled tileset, and re-tiled a new project.

The thing is, I used the same level names / gmap names, and the parts where I had things previously tiled layers > 0 using the old tileset, still exist. When downloaded, however, they are not even in the text-part of the .nw file, so, they should not even be drawn online.

Something is not letting the level memory clear, or erase anything levels > 0, even though no data is contained within the current level file for those levels > 0.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	layerwtf.png
Views:	552
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	55648  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Have you tried restarting the npcserver or the gserver? Maybe the layers are cached separately offline? Try removing the cached levels in the weblevels folder and see if that makes a difference.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Have you tried restarting the npcserver or the gserver? Maybe the layers are cached separately offline? Try removing the cached levels in the weblevels folder and see if that makes a difference.
Well, you have summarized my issue for me, I should have mentioned that was one of my fixes, so, yes, let's push for this in an update...

Layers > 0 that contain NO DATA are not updated for offline cached files (weblevels folder).

Alternatively as a fix as well, and potentially preventative measure, I have placed an empty "transparent tile" in all locations in layers above 0 that contain no other tiles, simulating SOME data, even though it is simply transparent, and this is also a fix or workaround. The downside is, that it makes the level size unnecessarily larger.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Well, at least Stefan now know where the problem lies, so hopefully he'll fix it.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Well, at least Stefan now know where the problem lies, so hopefully he'll fix it.
lol...

yes...hopefully...