Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Post this '/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_<user>_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/main.log' file.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Jobistekos is on a distinguished road
Here you go.

If you manage to figure it out, thank you in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: log main.log (110.4 KB, 233 views)
That is why it is called
Present."
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Ekflight is an unknown quantity at this point
My problem is that I can't edit the sources.conf file...
It says I don't have the rights to edit it.
Even after I set the properties of the file to allow the Administrator to set the file's content, it still doesn't allow me... If someone knows how to fix it

Ps: I was logged the whole time on my admin account so that's why I don't see how to fix it...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekflight View Post
Even after I set the properties of the file to allow the Administrator to set the file's content, it still doesn't allow me... If someone knows how to fix it

Ps: I was logged the whole time on my admin account so that's why I don't see how to fix it...
did you try open it with sudo in terminal?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Jobistekos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekflight View Post

I had that problem too at the start, but figured it out. Go to your 'opt' folder, and left click it. Choose 'Get Info' when the little window pops up, go to the bottom where there is a lock, it probably shows that it's locked. Click that, (it will unlock it). Now where you see I believe, 'System', 'Admin', and 'Everyone', and changed them all to 'Read & Write'. If you're on the admin account you should only have to change the 'System' one, I think. Do the same on the sources.conf, and it should work. If not, repeat those steps on all of the folders that sources.conf is in. It should work, so try to edit it again.

It worked for me, so I guess it'll work for you.

Last edited by Jobistekos; 03-09-2012 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: small error
Old 01-04-2013, 04:53 AM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobistekos View Post
I had that problem too at the start, but figured it out. Go to your 'opt' folder, and left click it. Choose 'Get Info' when the little window pops up, go to the bottom where there is a lock, it probably shows that it's locked. Click that, (it will unlock it). Now where you see I believe, 'System', 'Admin', and 'Everyone', and changed them all to 'Read & Write'. If you're on the admin account you should only have to change the 'System' one, I think. Do the same on the sources.conf, and it should work. If not, repeat those steps on all of the folders that sources.conf is in. It should work, so try to edit it again.

It worked for me, so I guess it'll work for you.
This doesn't appear to work for me and I'm dying for editor on mac right now. I added every account possible.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Okay, new to mac. Need some help understanding problem.

PHP Code:
Matthews-Mac-mini:ports scriptlesssudo port install gonstruct
--->  Computing dependencies for gonstruct
--->  Fetching distfiles for gonstruct
Error
org.macports.fetch for port gonstruct returnedGit clone failed
Please see the log file 
for port gonstruct for details:
    /
opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/main.log
To report a bug
follow the instructions in the guide:

http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
ErrorProcessing of port gonstruct failed 
Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
What does the log file it mentioned say? (`cat /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/main.log`) in Terminal.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
What does the log file it mentioned say? (`cat /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/main.log`) in Terminal.
It's long, I don't know of it just adds to the log or ever clears it tho..

See attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: log main.log (110.4 KB, 217 views)
Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
It's long, I don't know of it just adds to the log or ever clears it tho..

See attachment.
Quote:
:debug:fetch Executing: /usr/bin/git clone -q git://github.com/Decorum/graal-gonstruct.git /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/work/gonstruct-0.2.2 2>&1
:info:fetch fatal: remote error:
:info:fetch Repository not found.
Here's the problem. Looks like the Github repo for the patched version of Gonstruct no longer exists.

In theory you could try using https://github.com/fry/graal-gonstruct.git instead but I think nano_p2p made changes to get it to run on OS X which were never merged into Fry's repo.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
why not slap a binary out to mac users, it's not like there's a whole range of computers or OS's for them to take notice of :O

never understood the whole point of MacPorts.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Banned
Quote:
Here's the problem. Looks like the Github repo for the patched version of Gonstruct no longer exists.

In theory you could try using https://github.com/fry/graal-gonstruct.git instead but I think nano_p2p made changes to get it to run on OS X which were never merged into Fry's repo.
So I am pretty much out of luck for editor? What OS was gonstruct originally designed for? There are few things I don't know how to do, or I would try and make my own level editor, such as flood fill.. or even try further to get gonstruct working but I am sure the code is a little more advanced for me to handle right now.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

When he made the changes he submitted a pull request to me, I am reasonably sure that I merged it. That means the repository you linked should work if you edit the MacPorts file, however I haven't compiled it for Mac in ages, so not sure.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
When he made the changes he submitted a pull request to me, I am reasonably sure that I merged it. That means the repository you linked should work if you edit the MacPorts file, however I haven't compiled it for Mac in ages, so not sure.
Okay so which file is the macports file and what am I editing tho?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Okay so which file is the macports file and what am I editing tho?
My guess would be to modify ports/games/gonstruct/Portfile in OP's attachment.