Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimsonSky View Post
it sucks, but I'm def' not wasting anymore money on this game... [i.e $230+...lol'able? I think so! ]

I think the only server that has been lenient on trials, is Era.
Screw obv mode.

But the only problem I have with being a trial is the head thing... I should be able to wear the head[s] I made ....

Because lord knows this guy isn't becoming gold anytime in the near future.

Yo opinion on trials and what they should get, or shouldn't have.

I gave out +700$ for this game over the years...but since I'm lifetime p2p, I live with this...not bothering any upgrades anymore or such

Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I gave out +700$ for this game over the years...such
That's pretty sad.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
That's pretty sad.
Indeed.

Shouldn't be allowed too use so much on one game.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:07 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
elk paid for my new shoes
Old 07-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
whenever i was about 9 years old i told my mom i'd be make an A+ on my spelling test on friday and if i did she'd buy me a p2p.
trufax.

Chakrah Rain (BTK)
Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakrah View Post
whenever i was about 9 years old i told my mom i'd be make an A+ on my spelling test on friday and if i did she'd buy me a p2p.
trufax.
Cool story bro,

back on topic please.
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 07-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoman View Post
Why don't we just do what most pay-to-play MMOs do ? set them up with a 5-7 days of gold with no restrictions, actually give meaning to the word trial
I like this. Trials would be allowed to have the full experience, but for a limited amount of time. After that, they gotta pay, or make another trial. Those that enjoy the experience and like the game will most likely p2p as opposed to creating a new trial and starting over.
I think 5-7 days is too short though, if they invest more time they're more likely to get hooked and care enough to p2p. 14-28 days sounds good.
But you gotta get rid of Graal##### accounts, they're ridiculous and turn people off.

It's better this way than giving trials a limited experience forever. Those that can deal with the limitations essentially play for free. While others couldn't enjoy the experience fully due to limitations, thus not giving them enough reason to play.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:56 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
If Graal was actually developed to the same calibre as other P2P MMOs, I could agree to some extent that a limited day trial could be successful here but it's not and if they did implement that it would eventually drive away at least 80% of the Trials who are playing currently after forcing them to upgrade.

Graal Administration has already pissed off it's customer base before, there's no point in them doing it again and that's just what that payment model will do.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakrah View Post
trufax.
Weird, I just had to help my dad do some runescape mining for mine lolz.

edit: 600th post.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Wondering..
emoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to emoman Send a message via MSN to emoman
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
if they did implement that it would eventually drive away at least 80% of the Trials who are playing currently after forcing them to upgrade.
So ? At the moment from what I can see on Zodiac and Era those trials have it made. They have very few restrictions that can stop them from having as much fun as us gold/classic players. No level cap on Zodiac, they can make just as much money as us, no observer mode at all. One of the only main things they can't do is change up their player looks and mass message.

You are right that it will tick off most of those trials and perhaps slice our player count, but most of those trials are from the Iphone server anyway.
I just think graal needs to expand it's advertising to different people. 2D Zelda like gaming isn't popular with a lot of gamers, most of the servers are populated with 18+ P2Ps that only play because of nostalgia from older graal
Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
yeah lets drive off graal's playercount, great idea folks
Old 07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If Graal was actually developed to the same calibre as other P2P MMOs, I could agree to some extent that a limited day trial could be successful here but it's not and if they did implement that it would eventually drive away at least 80% of the Trials who are playing currently after forcing them to upgrade.

Graal Administration has already pissed off it's customer base before, there's no point in them doing it again and that's just what that payment model will do.
I agree with your sentiment, however, it does kind of illustrate a portion of the problem regarding the current system: Many recently upgraded members have upgraded because they believed they would have more to do and to look forward to than reality actually permits. Instead, often times they're ridiculed and driven away by obscene players, inept and/or abusive server staff, and lack of progressive, integration-based content on each server. Upgrading doesn't grant much in the way of permissions or customization for the new player on the default-end. In essence they've sometimes paid only to find themselves unable to do much of anything and subsequently miss out on the more fun aspects of Graal. Add to that constant harassment and lack of help and the mindset becomes "Wow I just spent how much to save stats I'll never get at the luxury of having no 'Wait Time'. " This is a very destructive business model.

Classic and Gold servers specifically should be providing more ways to get potential subscribers to want to stay as well. They're (including my own server for that matter) contributing equally to the lack of new players simply by not doing this through a variety of ways.

In short, between the illogical business model and the lackluster server staff and/or content, we're continuously dooming ourselves to defeat.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:02 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
In short, between the illogical business model and the lackluster server staff and/or content, we're continuously dooming ourselves to defeat.
Which leads to the question,

why do we have to pay to play it.

I say leave it to 1 fee, or bring it back to Gold servers = Subscription and Classic playerworlds = lifetime.
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 07-20-2010, 07:18 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Zone is currently free to trials.

I will be developing the in-game gelat store while the playercount rises, they will mutually support one and other.
absolutely no downsides to being a trial?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoman View Post
So ? At the moment from what I can see on Zodiac and Era those trials have it made.
I don't know about Zodiac but on Era there are a lot of restrictions on trials. Trials can't join gangs/businesses/parties, raid, use powerful guns, use cars, or level their HP, among others.

Quote:
You are right that it will tick off most of those trials and perhaps slice our player count, but most of those trials are from the Iphone server anyway.
Which makes it perfectly fine to scare them off.