Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Elk's Image Thread

Just some recent-ish work

Some monster sidescroller sprite, will animate when in mood

Sephiroth+Prinny, not really fond of the result, it's not cartoonish

Sword for Zodiac

Old 03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Angelu will become famous soon enough
the worst things ive seen for years
Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelu View Post
the worst things ive seen for years
*kicks*

Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Not fond of the first two, sword is cool.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
lol a sephiroth prinny, thats just awesome!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I remember you being better than this elk :o

I like the first one though, finish it
Old 03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
its just random work that took 1 hour

Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
its just random work that took 1 hour
I think they all look awesome. Definately finish that sidescroller sprite!
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
All of those are better than anything else that is posted on these forums, so I don't know what some of you are talking about =\

good job.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I like the first one a lot, would like to see if finished. I really like the glowing skulls, those look great. I didn't notice it was a flail till I zoomed in though. The second one is really creepy looking. The sword design is good, but I'm not a huge fan of the outline. It seems to stick out too much.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 03-26-2009, 04:07 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Looks great to me also. Good job Elk
Old 03-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Pretty good stuff ya got there Elk.. But if you plan on finishing that first sprite, you should definantly try to work on the upper body anatomy. Its very unproportional. The arms are WAY too big in comparison to the chest area of the beast.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
the second one is going to give me nightmares D:
Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 PM
~~Paul
alarid0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to alarid0 Send a message via MSN to alarid0
That first one caught my attention

The arm holding the mace seems a little stiff, though. Then when I took a closer look I noticed the legs were sort of...just... there. They're completely disconnected from the torso... So I made a quick edit there, too.

What I turned out with wound up taking this in the wrong direction. It looks considerably shorter now that I adjusted the legs, and i didn't mean to twist it towards the camera as much as I did....

Still, methinks the butt shouldn't be floating. Maybe bring the gut in to make the top looked more hunched over, instead of moving the leg? I'm not sure, I was futzing with it for a while beyond the image posted and turned up with nothing.

I love the sword. There are plenty of flashy and elaborate swords out there with pieces jutting out and flying everywhere, but most of the time I have to roll my eyes at how rediculous they are (simultaneously admitting they do look cool)

For one reason or another... I... really love it. The colors are well done, and it's a very solid unique design.

It seems like something you would see as a primary focus of a game... Some weapon the game revolves around instead of giving you dozens of swords throughout the game that you'll discard at the drop of a hat. It may be the identifying weapon of some main villain, or maybe some legendary sword you use in your efforts... in any case, a very defining piece of equipment.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarid0 View Post
That first one caught my attention

The arm holding the mace seems a little stiff, though. Then when I took a closer look I noticed the legs were sort of...just... there. They're completely disconnected from the torso... So I made a quick edit there, too.

What I turned out with wound up taking this in the wrong direction. It looks considerably shorter now that I adjusted the legs, and i didn't mean to twist it towards the camera as much as I did....

Still, methinks the butt shouldn't be floating. Maybe bring the gut in to make the top looked more hunched over, instead of moving the leg? I'm not sure, I was futzing with it for a while beyond the image posted and turned up with nothing.

I love the sword. There are plenty of flashy and elaborate swords out there with pieces jutting out and flying everywhere, but most of the time I have to roll my eyes at how rediculous they are (simultaneously admitting they do look cool)

For one reason or another... I... really love it. The colors are well done, and it's a very solid unique design.

It seems like something you would see as a primary focus of a game... Some weapon the game revolves around instead of giving you dozens of swords throughout the game that you'll discard at the drop of a hat. It may be the identifying weapon of some main villain, or maybe some legendary sword you use in your efforts... in any case, a very defining piece of equipment.
Nice edit!
But my intention was that to make a big boss that has slow movement speed so he should be more bulky not a athletic body xd!