Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
gang events and auctions

Alf (DRAGON551) promised more gang events a few days ago but there has been no gang events yet this week. Why is it suck a big deal to host a gang event? I think all ETs except trials should be able to host them as long as there are 4-6 or more members of atleast 2 gangs online.
There are also no more auctions (excluding house auctions). This is damaging era's economy since all gun prices have incredibly rised due to a greater amount of cash on era. Auctions are also fun and attract more players, other than the fact that we would like new guns to be released!! (RPG shouldve been released 2months ago but staff "forgot" about it)
Old 02-11-2011, 04:25 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
rpgs would be wack

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 02-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
it was just an example..no new guns r being released, not even old ones r being reintroduced
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 AM
You can call me noto.
FrozenLies0 will become famous soon enough
era doesn't need anymore guns imo
new updates yes
not necessarily more guns

edit: i also think that gang events should have more meaning
considering that gangs are the backbone of the server pretty much imo
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Era since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenLies0 View Post
era doesn't need anymore guns imo
new updates yes
not necessarily more guns

edit: i also think that gang events should have more meaning
considering that gangs are the backbone of the server pretty much imo
yeah, like cash prizes or items (i.e. hats) for winners or mvp
the problem is that ETAs (they keep changing but theyre all the same) r never bothered to host them..
Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 AM
You can call me noto.
FrozenLies0 will become famous soon enough
giving out prizes wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have all of this rare item crap
if everything was accessible to everyone, who knows the possibilities
big events though really do need to be more organized
for example
have weekly gang events
then have monthly events for bigger prizes
(almost like UN's tournament system thingy the last time i played it)
have a set date and time.

also another thing that would make gang events more favorable is having a set of guns that everyone can choose from
i remember awhile back when pbp used to be really dominant in gang events, and not everyone had them. whoever had the most pbps would eventually win due to how lame it was back then

all and all these are just my opinions
Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Era since 2005
Quote:
giving out prizes wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have all of this rare item crap
if everything was accessible to everyone, who knows the possibilities
big events though really do need to be more organized
for example
have weekly gang events
then have monthly events for bigger prizes
(almost like UN's tournament system thingy the last time i played it)
have a set date and time.

also another thing that would make gang events more favorable is having a set of guns that everyone can choose from
i remember awhile back when pbp used to be really dominant in gang events, and not everyone had them. whoever had the most pbps would eventually win due to how lame it was back then

all and all these are just my opinions

UN staff is probably less lazy
Old 02-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Era needs in fact less guns.

It should be narrowed down a tad, remove a few guns that are the same (Morano Thompson and PPSH are the exact same stats... redo or remove one) then the guns need to be reintroduced somehow so it isn't just a random number floating around. Reintroductions would be best after a Reset with set prices and pawn shop style scales to maintain the price range.

There isn't a ETA currently (unless they hired one in the past two days... I haven't really gotten on)... but only the ETA/Admins (mostly GBA) should host gang events and they should be on a schedule at least 2-3 days in advance. They need to choose an ETA and then this would probably be better handled. Don't blame Alfonso, he's doing a lot of work on just about everything while still maintaining his PR on IPhone and semi-inactive mexicanness, It's more or less up to Vulcan/Akeon to get a ETA and up to Swift/Death to do gang related stuff.

The auction system should be redone. Last minute mass bidding defeats the entire purpose, there needs to be a 'Going Once' 'Going Twice' 'Sold!' feature added and the auction announced days in advance rather than the item sitting on the 'Auction' for days.

The housing system as well should be changed. A rent should be added to homes weekly based on their size, to prevent an inactive player from keeping a home for years, or a single player owning 5 homes. Sure you'll be able to buy and sell homes... if you're fast and good at it. But to be realistic if you can't sell the home it shouldn't just sit there empty you should have to pay for it, and if you can't then it gets foreclosed by the NPC server and goes to be auctioned.

Businesses as well should be changed. Owners should have more power and be able to control the type of products they sell, the prices of those products, the number of products, the name of the shop, etc. There needs to be more customization and it should require more brains and activity to own a business than just grabbing a stocker or telling people to go get you minerals.

Let's see what happens tho.

Quote:
Gang events should be about the players, not the guns. The gang guns need to eventually be balanced, at which point gang events should be gang-gun only.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I'd like to see a house system where there's only 10 or so physical houses located around the map, each priced based on location and size. However, multiple people can buy the same house, creating a separate instance of the inside levels. For example, when I grab the door to my house, it warps me to era_house-style2_salesman.nw (or something similar), and when bob grabs the door to the house, it warps him to era_house-style2_bob.nw. If someone who doesn't own the house grabs the door, it warps them to a template version of the house so that they can see the insides before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

With this system, we don't have to worry about inactive players, and everyone can own a house without cluttering the gmap. I'd love to implement this system myself (it wouldn't be hard), but I'm currently busy with several other projects.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I'd like to see a house system where there's only 10 or so physical houses located around the map, each priced based on location and size. However, multiple people can buy the same house, creating a separate instance of the inside levels. For example, when I grab the door to my house, it warps me to era_house-style2_salesman.nw (or something similar), and when bob grabs the door to the house, it warps him to era_house-style2_bob.nw. If someone who doesn't own the house grabs the door, it warps them to a template version of the house so that they can see the insides before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

With this system, we don't have to worry about inactive players, and everyone can own a house without cluttering the gmap. I'd love to implement this system myself (it wouldn't be hard), but I'm currently busy with several other projects.
Sounds fairly cool, would make houses a viable thing for all players.

But with the current economy players buy houses with the foresight that they can sell them if they want/need to. Also getting custom house levels is another big part of it... some players just want a cool looking place to chill. With this system I don't think either of those would be applied. I suppose adding this system after a reset (like with the all guns in shops idea) could cure these problems.

Though also wouldn't this make the Hotel practically out of business and decrease usefulness of lockers?
And what about allowing friends into the houses? If you grab the door for the house would a menu with like 20 friend's houses in the same building type appear and you choose one or something?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Sounds fairly cool, would make houses a viable thing for all players.

But with the current economy players buy houses with the foresight that they can sell them if they want/need to. Also getting custom house levels is another big part of it... some players just want a cool looking place to chill. With this system I don't think either of those would be applied. I suppose adding this system after a reset (like with the all guns in shops idea) could cure these problems.
Era should be less centered around the economy and more centered around pking and having fun, imo. The players we would upset with this shift are the ones we'd probably be better off without, anyways (scammers, usders, etc).

Quote:
Though also wouldn't this make the Hotel practically out of business and decrease usefulness of lockers?
And what about allowing friends into the houses? If you grab the door for the house would a menu with like 20 friend's houses in the same building type appear and you choose one or something?
I haven't given it much thought. I was just throwing out the idea of instanced houses. The hotel and lockers would just be cheaper alternatives, I guess. Perhaps reducing the number of locker storages to a single building at unstick me (giving it the location advantage).
Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post

Before you do anything like this, please add a script that prevents players from running into their house/apartment when they were just pking.
Because this is just way too unfair, players with a house/apartment can just run into their house/apartment to prevent getting killed while players who can't afford a house/apartment have no where to run.
Especially the apartments located near "unstick me" in the sewers.

And maybe add something that prevents players from putting on their business tag when they just pked, because it's impossible to collect their bounties.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Era since 2005
people want their own house they dont want to share and lol at rogue's idea..i use my house for storing loads of items, id have to but 20lockers or waste my money at era hotel if i didnt have my house
i agree with sales that there should be more pking, therefore a pk related way of making cash (for example 10-20$ per kill)
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
people want their own house they dont want to share and lol at rogue's idea..i use my house for storing loads of items, id have to but 20lockers or waste my money at era hotel if i didnt have my house
i agree with sales that there should be more pking, therefore a pk related way of making cash (for example 10-20$ per kill)
Lol at what idea? Your response doesn't relate to any of my ideas.

I don't see sales saying anything about pking making money.. o.O
Old 02-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Era needs in fact less guns.

It should be narrowed down a tad, remove a few guns that are the same (Morano Thompson and PPSH are the exact same stats... redo or remove one)
Someone is SUPER DUPER DUMB, unless MT was nerfed in certain ways then im mistaken.