Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:09 AM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Bring Unholy Nation back!

After an incident last night, Unholy Nation had an issue with their SQL Databases. By the looks of it, all databases are a complete loss. I have backups, and Carlito has backups. But because Unholy Nation is "too much of a headache", Carlito has decided to permanently shut the server down. I don't think this is right, and I'm sure the 60+ players that call Unholy Nation their home do not think it is right either.

We need to stand together, and fight for our "home" back!

If you want Unholy Nation back, please sign our petition!

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petition...-unholy-nation
Unholy Nation is my home.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:17 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Keeping UN down when it's fixable is incredibly petty.

I want to hear an official reason on why. It's an old server, that has lasted a long time. It had a large and lively community, for Graal's standards. It was obviously working just fine. If it's being blocked from returning, it sounds like someone's just using this as an excuse to keep it that way. Perhaps MDelteria wants less competition?

I don't even like UN.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:52 AM
thegamep2p is on a distinguished road
This is ridiculous. How can someone shut down a community that has been functioning for over a decade without good reason..without any explanation to the people? Some of us have known each other for many years on this server. If the plan really is to merge the player base with Delteria, it's not going to work. Most people will leave graal after a few months. UN players now know it could be all a ploy to drag us to Delt, this isn't going to help Delt's playercount.

A lot of us have chatted on skype, webcams, ect. The community may be small but it is strong, with real friendships. It would be a shame to see it all go without proper goodbyes or anything formal, this just doesn't seem fair to anyone.

If there is anything I could help with relating to these problems I am willing to do so.
-Poot
Old 02-09-2016, 05:28 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
what the ****, UN has been standing relatively strong since 2001...this is stupid. the server is garbage but it's the only "classic" server that was left on the serverlist.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Snoopy is on a distinguished road
I've actually been friends with the OP (Stowen) for a few years now, but he's one of, if not the biggest two-faced hypocrites in Graal history. The real reason UN is down is 100% his fault. He talks **** about the server and globals every time we spoke, making it impossible for me to get any levels done with him as manager.

This all started a few days ago when Stowen rage quit UN. This in turn got Hardkore put in charge (someone he hates) and now Stowen regrets this and wants to be made manager again, so he's acting completely innocent by starting this bogus petition.

The truth is, Stowen is the sole reason UN was shut down. He placed scripts all over the new and current OW that would destroy UNs SQL db. He also reset the entire server before it got shut down. Either Carlito/NaS can confirm what I'm saying by checking logs. Give the globals some time to sort this mess out. Stowen did a huge number on the server and now he's trying to make it seem like globals are incompetent, when in reality they have TONS of **** to go through which will take time.

I have a backup of pre-Stowen ****up somewhere on my computer. Make me manager again. Let me do what really needs to be done to make UN an actual server again.

Here is some history of him unjailing a perma banned player.

[1/29/2016 4:14:05 PM] Stowen: ****
[1/29/2016 4:14:11 PM] Stowen: CARLITO IS ON
[1/29/2016 4:14:20 PM] Stowen: HE'S GOING TO SEE THAT I UNJAILED YOUR ALTS\

and here is some history of when he DDoS'd Carlito and then showed us the history he had when they were talking about it.

[1/31/2016 2:44:12 PM] Stowen: [Sunday, January 31, 2016 2:42 PM] Carlito: my router just turned off
oddly
not them though my dam dog unplugged it
couldn't figure out wtf was going on
[1/31/2016 2:45:38 PM] Stowen: Blamed it on his dog
Old 02-09-2016, 02:56 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
**** just got real
Old 02-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
**** just got real
Can someone submit this drama to Maury? This is quality entertainment right here and clearly we need a lie detector to prove who is the fath.... Who the best Manager is.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Graalian since '01
Dawh Snoopy you mad, bruh? I'd love to see these "logs" of me placing any sort of destructive script on UN. SORRY, but I'm not Rob. You had to stick your snoopy nose where it didn't belong, along with HK and completely botched a confidential operation that you had no right to be in. Plus I can't DDoS

Why don't you go kill some cats, aye? You're better at that than making levels. Just sayin.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:04 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
All these noobs running around like "Make me Manager of UN" is pretty funny.

UN was the original sole perpetrator of lowering the bar of standards for Graal in general. Before UN everything was so much better. Please can you guys keep it dead, PC Graal might actually have a chance for a quality rebound with it gone.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Don't Go Mister!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
All these noobs running around like "Make me Manager of UN" is pretty funny.

UN was the original sole perpetrator of lowering the bar of standards for Graal in general. Before UN everything was so much better. Please can you guys keep it dead, PC Graal might actually have a chance for a quality rebound with it gone.
I respect your opinion even though it is the improper one.

UN raised the bar with always having the highest player count, most enjoyable gameplay and a solid community. Its these old players that remain around that are ruining the community (You can be lumped into that group with that negative post you have just thrown up!).
Old 02-09-2016, 04:39 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
I respect your opinion even though it is the improper one.

UN raised the bar with always having the highest player count, most enjoyable gameplay and a solid community. Its these old players that remain around that are ruining the community (You can be lumped into that group with that negative post you have just thrown up!).
I don't play UN. So please don't lump me into a group of UN players, they might be contagious. I suppose I did log into UN the first day it was added to the serverlist. I remember the big appeal was that they had an NPC that allows players to have a scrolling marquee of text above their head. I'm serious, it was stupid.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Graalian since '01
Oh ya...if I wanted to destroy UN...UN would have been destroyed. Believe that. I know how that server works, every single mechanic, I know what gets backed up regularly and what doesn't. UN is back up right now because I had proposed to Carlito that Ph8 would make a great Manager, and look at that. UN is back.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Don't Go Mister!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I don't play UN. So please don't lump me into a group of UN players, they might be contagious. I suppose I did log into UN the first day it was added to the serverlist. I remember the big appeal was that they had an NPC that allows players to have a scrolling marquee of text above their head. I'm serious, it was stupid.
Clearly you were not part of the 10 year old club like I was when UN was released cause skateboards and scrolling text were truely next level compared to the other stuff happening around Graal.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:32 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
Clearly you were not part of the 10 year old club like I was when UN was released cause skateboards and scrolling text were truely next level compared to the other stuff happening around Graal.
I was 12 and smart enough to know it was B.S.
Plus Graal2001 and Main were insanely legit at that time making UN seem even more *****ic. At least now there are no good servers to compare it to, making UN look a little better, but in reality it's just evidence how an extremely bad server content-wise was able to squash out the competition of good servers by appealing to the mass ignorance of middle school kids. Maybe if you think UN is good with its skateboard shields and scrolling marquee NPCs, it's partially your own fault that Graal went downhill and you should feel a tinge of guilt for it instead of blaming other people.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:34 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I say we put Tim_Rocks as manager of UN