Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
oooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddd
Old 01-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Yes, it does block bullets, approximately 60-70[percent] of the time, but players cannot move, fire grenades, etc while blocking.
About flipping time you guys fixed that.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I personally think that the price of shurikens needs to increase for Ninjas, and decrease in the EC shop (200-300 per EC instead of 100). When I've mentioned this before, I've heard "why should they have to pay more than regular ammo?" and similar things. Keep in mind that shurikens are equal to the stats of just about the best weapon, possibly even better, firing over 10 per second (or somewhere around there, I haven't checked). The shurikens have a four-shot spinning attack, which can be used to hurl four shurikens in one direction to hit nearly anyone. The shurikens do not require you to purchase a gun, and you do not need to reload.

I think this justifies raising the price.

I also believe that shurikens are non-droppable to prevent Ninjas from purchasing them for next to nothing and selling them for a large profit. I could be wrong, however.

Yes, it does block bullets, approximately 60-70[percent] of the time, but players cannot move, fire grenades, etc while blocking.

I find it funny how completely un-creative the name of the Ninja gang is.
Though i agree Ninja is a totally uncreative name, it's what they wanted as a name, so eh. I guess they wante the name because people look at it and recongize it as soon as they see it. I just wanted the theme, I could careless about the name as long as it's not two random words stuck together like most gangs are.

As for the shurikens, I totally disagree with you. The fact you are saying they need to cost more because they are "so powerful" is a crappy arguement. If anything I think the shuriken themselves need nerfed down to 18 damage and the katana is what needs buffed. The Shurikens are by far the most dangerous weapon they have and Masa is having a hard time balancing the katana when it relies so heavily on the shuriken damage, so if he buffs the damage on the shuriken for the katana it buffs the damage on the shurikens by themselves and the shurikens by themselves have all those fancy attacks and more firerate than the katana's.

Basically the shurikens need nerfed a tad and stay at the 8g or 10g cost and the katana itself is what sucks right now which people don't really realize till they try it out. The shurikens are much much better.

Also, I don't think they should be cheaper at the event store. It's up to the player if they want to buy them for EC's, no ones forcing them to. Maybe give a tad more for the EC, but not a lot. You have to keep in mind these are the only 2 weapons they are allowed to use.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:51 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
It's not like people win every damn event thats being hosted and then they go and what can they spend it on really? there are just a few different alternatives
Old 01-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Masa will become famous soon enough
The Katanas/Shurikens are ridiculously hard to balance, given the expectations:
- Only 7 Katanas are allowed
- Ninja can ONLY use the Katanas or the Shuriken

This being said, besides 7 Ninjas, every other member has to use shurikens. They physically cannot use any guns whatsoever.
When they're against other gangs that are able to use any gun(including PBP, Crizens, etc), they are put at a disadvantage. Not to mention they don't have the over-the-wall-firing convenience of an SD-Cannon or AC.

Stat-wise, it's really easy to either put them at a disadvantage by limiting them to shurikens with a reasonable firerate, or put them at an over-the-top advantage by making the shurikens ridiculously fast.
Throw in the katana, then you have another parameter to deal with.
Because seven of them have powerful katanas, should the rest of the gang be punished with a slowed-down shuriken? If the shurikens are fast, should the katana be slower and less damage? Because they're only limited to those two weapons, should they all be allowed a katana?
If one of their only weapons is allowed in the event shop, should it have better stats if they're on Ninja tag?
Any decision would warrant a complaint. You can't please everyone.
Currently, nobody is pleased.

Ninjas: These shurikens and katanas suck! We need more shuriken speed and the stun feature added back to the katana!
Everybody else: Their shurikens and katanas are too strong. You need to nerf them because they're too fast and too powerful!

Realistically, it's completely circumstantial.
They're fine in closed areas and when the ninjas outnumber the other gang, or where the opposing arsenal doesn't consist of SD cannons, PBP shotguns, Crizens, etc.
Otherwise, they're at a disadvantage.

The logical(and perhaps the most controversial) option would be to give each gang their own tailored arsenal and limit them to those weapons only. This would not only make each gang a unique, theme-identified unit, but it would add a more "turfy" feel to gangs. It could also give people more incentive to join a gang, perhaps even be more loyal to the gangs they're in. Not to mention, it would be much easier to balance.
The con, of course, would be how to get to that stage. That would require pretty much every gun on the market to be deleted, and new guns to take its place.

Don't be misled into thinking that I'm suggesting this, but given the current situation, the playing field could only be soundly level with this solution. The alternative, of course, would be to completely scrap the Ninja idea and revert back to ALS.

Personally, I'm for GC's gang idea.

Last edited by Masa; 01-27-2009 at 07:26 PM..
Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Am I the only one here who would easily use 20 damage shurikens over a gun?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
Am I the only one here who would easily use 20 damage shurikens over a gun?
I was using them, but I ran out of ECs...they rape anything in small areas
like ninja's base
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally think shurikens need to be 18 damage and the katana is the item that needs buffed in some way because honestly the shurikens plus an axe is way better than the katana currently because you can use the 4 direction attack and it's faster fire rate.

But yeah, my gang idea combined with Angel's rocks socks.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
I would use shurikens over guns because I like the way to fight with shurikens, but my experience from fighting ninja theese last couple of days, I don't see how people can say the katanas and shurikens are overpowered really.

The katana is easy to run from, and the shurikens are just like normal bullets but they are a bit more "star looking"
Old 01-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
agreed Andre. It depends how and where your fighting ninja. In close combat, ninja will pwn. But in open levels or big bases, they have no chance unless they have some good planning. So if your getting pwned by the katana, step back and check how your attacking ninja and change it up. I dont mind fighting 1 ninja because i just "Run and Gun." They try to chase u with a katana and all u gotta do is shoot a little, move a little bit more back, shoot, move back, etc..
Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
If they can't use other guns on tag, then their weapons are fine.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
People were using their katana's in a regular KoTH today. Therefore, I'm guessing it's no longer needed to be on tag to use it
Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
That or its not scripted to be a special tag yet. its possible it was scripted for an ontag event and not a special one

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
People were using their katana's in a regular KoTH today. Therefore, I'm guessing it's no longer needed to be on tag to use it
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
That or its not scripted to be a special tag yet. its possible it was scripted for an ontag event and not a special one
I originally taglocked it at the request of Deophite.

GC (Morgrim/Gangs Admin) requested it to be un-taglocked.

Personally I think it should remain taglocked. I'll talk to Deophite.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I originally taglocked it at the request of Deophite.

GC (Morgrim/Gangs Admin) requested it to be un-taglocked.

Personally I think it should remain taglocked. I'll talk to Deophite.
Shouldnt the manager have overall say on this...?