Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Cool, I'll check it out.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
New version incoming! This new version features a graphical interface for the generator

Click image for larger version

Name:	gmapgen.png
Views:	1790
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	52443

There's also an option to not include level links now, yippey! Since getting compiled EXE files approved here on the forums is a goddamn hassle, please send me a PM to get a link to the compiled version, or just install Python 2.7 and run the source code.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewl
Old 02-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
New version incoming! This new version features a graphical interface for the generator

Attachment 52443

There's also an option to not include level links now, yippey! Since getting compiled EXE files approved here on the forums is a goddamn hassle, please send me a PM to get a link to the compiled version, or just install Python 2.7 and run the source code.
Level links are veeeeeeery important and I know why!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:07 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
coool-

the only difference is the name format & no image?
Why not do something fancy, which has the option of an image which will generate it (with the trees, water etc) but in your level format? =]
Old 02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Tell me! :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
the only difference is the name format & no image?
Why not do something fancy, which has the option of an image which will generate it (with the trees, water etc) but in your level format? =]
I don't like fancy stuff. I created this for myself at first, so I could keep on using Rick's naming scheme in case that thing ever goes down. Then I shared. And got a request to make a GUI for it. Which I did.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:57 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Quote:
Tell me! :O
I would also like to know why level links are important. I generally don't include them in my gmaps because they cause some issues, but if there is some good reason then I need to start including them again. With v6, there is no option to "show one level at a time" anymore either.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I would also like to know why level links are important. I generally don't include them in my gmaps because they cause some issues, but if there is some good reason then I need to start including them again. With v6, there is no option to "show one level at a time" anymore either.
Got me curious too :I
Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
A gmap file can be edited locally and warp you to whatever levels you have changed on the server. This does not occur on a gmap with level links in the levels
Old 02-20-2011, 05:31 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:

Attachment 52443

What is the center X and center Y? I always assign it to 1 on your old gmap, and it always works fine but idk.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:32 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
mapprefix_00.nw is your middle =] (00 is the middle of the map)
Old 02-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
mapprefix_00.nw is your middle =] (00 is the middle of the map)
I thought 00 was the top left corner of the map?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:00 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
I thought 00 was the top left corner of the map?
^^
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
I explained everything in the first post. You decide where 00-00 is. This way, you can expand the gmap to all sides later.