FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Managerial Changes

Hello,

I would like to report that there has been a managerial change made today by the Playerworld Administration. The PWA evaluated the now former manager, fowlplay4, and came to an unanimous decision to take action.

In the mean time, the PWA will manage Zodiac’s day-to-day activities interim until a more suitable replacement is found.

Xor retired his Co-Managerial position after assisting the PWA with the transition.

Please direct any questions to [email protected].

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill

Last edited by Sinkler; 08-11-2012 at 06:03 AM..
Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Okay sounds legit, but what does Xor has to do with that, I didnt get that.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
This is not acceptable and the voices of anyone that gives a damn is silenced, so to hell with it, not even going to bother with this on a public forum. The PWA is a joke and is run by one biased family/group of friends, I'll leave it at that.

This is the single biggest blunder of a PWA intervention I have ever seen in my 12 years on Graal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Okay sounds legit, but what does Xor has to do with that, I didnt get that.
Ok I got some clarification, Xor was removed from his Zodiac position. He hasn't been PWA for a year now.

Last edited by Crono; 08-07-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
This is not acceptable and the voices of anyone that gives a damn is silenced, so to hell with it, not even going to bother with this on a public forum. The PWA is a joke and is run by one biased family/group of friends, I'll leave it at that.

This is the single biggest blunder of a PWA intervention I have ever seen in my 12 years on Graal.

Since Xor isn't listed as a PWA, my guess is that he was the co-manager of the PWA and resigned after voting against this.
The Co-Manager of the PWA? Huh? I dont get it haha

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Triga 4 manger
Old 08-07-2012, 01:39 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:

I'm in complete agreement here. The PWA seems to have become a machine used to practice personal vendettas. It's a shame that they won't take any feedback from players (on anything) and instead will probably delete these posts and close the thread, maybe issuing infractions or something.

I'd really like to know what Jer did to warrant his removal. It must have been pretty drastic, because the PWA I know is extremely conservative and won't take action unless the manager is doing something that is directly detrimental to the server (right Tig?). Does the PWA actually think they can manage the server better than Jer did?

I don't doubt the PWA had grand reasons for taking action. Maybe if they'd explain these to us peasants, we'd be more understanding or even accepting.

Last edited by cbk1994; 08-07-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I'm in complete agreement here. The PWA seems to have become a machine used to practice personal vendettas. It's a shame that they won't take any feedback from players (on anything) and instead will probably delete these posts and close the thread, maybe issuing infractions or something.

I'd really like to know what Jer did to warrant his removal. It must have been pretty drastic, because the PWA I know is extremely conservative and won't take action unless the manager is doing something that is directly detrimental to the server (right Tig?). Does the PWA actually think they can manage the server better than Jer did?

I don't doubt the PWA had grand reasons for taking action. Maybe if they'd explain these to us peasants, we'd be more understanding or even accepting.
The issue with Xor is the only part I'm uncertain about, the rest I think I know pretty clearly. I've been part of Zodiac's staff team (sometimes on and off) since 2007 and have played the server since 2006. fowlplay4 has been the backbone of the server for a long time now and I have never seen him do anything questionable. During Era's scandal with yourself and the PWA, I even joked on our RC about us spawning items "for the lulz" but FP was strictly against that, even though I was clearly only joking about it.

The real issue here is a bit of a personal one (normally I don't mind informing the public but this was strictly an RC/staff issue) however I can say that it's no where near that drastic and is incredibly personal between the PWA and FP. Furthemore the PWA was never this "close" in the past. PWA used to clash and debate rather than be one single family (Vimes).

I am glad you agree though, Chris, much respect given the past and all.

Last edited by Crono; 08-07-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
Quote:
The real issue here is a bit of a personal one (normally I don't mind informing the public but this was strictly an RC/staff issue).

Pretty public by it being on the forums now soo..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 PM
TheDae is on a distinguished road
As a loyal player and staff member on Zodiac I can say that fp4 has been great for zodiac, I don't think he did very much wrong he was very quick to fix any problems with Zodiac and there were regular updates to Classes and new skills added. As for managing his staff he did an exceptional job at it at and was always so professional so from me there's nothing but praise for him and its truly saddening to see him go.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchry_P2P View Post
Pretty public by it being on the forums now soo..
I never revealed the private bit and probably won't in public.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Tenchry
Quote:
I never revealed the private bit and probably won't in public.
well surely there should be some explanation by the PWA's as to why he was removed and i'd like to see one
Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
This isn't the first personal attack against a manager of a successful playerworld.

Hell, me and my brother used to be public enemy #1 with Tig and probably still are.

You guys need to focus on more serious problems and start acting on the fact we only have 4 playerworlds open to the public let's not make it 3.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Tenchry
pretty sure everyone want's a little description of what went down tldr version would be great like 'we fired him becauseeee..'
Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 02:43 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Without fp4, Zodiac will go down the drain.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Wow. I thought Houdini was bad. This is definitely the biggest PWA blunder in all of Graal's history.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Closed Thread