Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Lame EM

I've been ignoring what he's doing for too long, but now I just got enough.
Max Sconol should simply not be EM. I've got enough of his "staff warp" abuse.
He also hosts crappy events and do not respect the rules.

Quick example: Musical chairs, 3 people left, the usual quick start and stop to end the game faster. I get a chair, then he waits 2-3 seconds and do the quick start and stop again, without even kicking the previous person that lost. I of course miss the chair, and simply get kicked.

How fair is that? I'm not the only one thinking that Max should not be EM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
I dunno if it was Max but one of the EMs hosted a few particularly bad events last week.
One was a raffle and I don't know what the case was but he was summoning skeletons and to get their drops then raffling them off. Felix was online at the time so he could've got a refill so I don't know what the hell was going on there.
Also someone hosted a kart race, the EM started the race and placed the barrier as you do. Someone scooted past the barrier and went on their way around the track then the EM waited about 5 or 6 seconds, released the barrier and let the event go on as if nothing happen. Needless to say the person with the unfair 6 second head start won the event but the EM really should've cancelled that round and pillored the person for event interruption.

Which actually brings me to something else. I got PM'd by someone in the pillory who was pillored by Dennis for event interruption which is fine, but he was pillored for 90 minutes.. thats crazy, event interruption should be 10-20 minutes at the very most. And you should never really have to use the full 90 minutes for anything apart from hacking.

No offence to anyone but it seems like people are just getting fast-tracked through to being staff. People who are not ready or have been poorly trained (if trained at all). I understand we need active staff members, but hiring someone purely because they are active isn't good enough, they have to be adequate enough at doing the role they have been hired to do. What is the point of a having an active EM that can't entertain people and what is the point of having an active FAQ that knows sweet FA.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Oh Soala, i doubt Max isn't comfortable enough with the event warper system to create his own unique staff warps. You'll notice it's some of the more experienced EM's including me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
I dunno if it was Max but one of the EMs hosted a few particularly bad events last week.
Yea it was max... Participated in a few of his bad events that include junk prizes and some elementary mistakes. I'd blame it on he's on a learning curve but I've given plenty of tips when i see he's not doing things quite right but the errors are repeated - unintentionally it seems. The only other EM who tends to experiment alot (some do fail) is Dennis but his prizes are good and from what i hear the noobs do enjoy his unique events.

About the pillory thing you mentioned. It probably was a hacker put in for 90 minutes. I've done that before as well. It's kind of the only way to keep them tied up long enough for an admin to ban them, but even that fails since alot of hackers just bypass pillory easily. Can't imagine someone getting 90minutes for say, blocking players in kart race.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Ideas on Fire
I'm not saying Max should be fired, but he should seriously get a warning or something.
He's not doing his job correctly at all, and we all know he's abusing.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
About the pillory thing you mentioned. It probably was a hacker put in for 90 minutes. I've done that before as well. It's kind of the only way to keep them tied up long enough for an admin to ban them, but even that fails since alot of hackers just bypass pillory easily. Can't imagine someone getting 90minutes for say, blocking players in kart race.
It was simply for event interruption, no hacking involved. Felix questioned Dennis and he admitted it himself.

I understand Max is new and he does need to some time to learn. I wasn't raging at him in anyway, I just think he's been thrown in at the deep end without be taught how to swim. If you are helping him to correct his mistakes and show him the ropes that's fine, hopefully he will learn. But to be honest, whoever hired him really should've given him a good walking through all the events and rights he needs to get familiar with.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
I got pillored 60 minutes a week ago for using dest scrolls at a bad event from Dennis.
It was Skeleton castle or something, just the castle on events island used, with a bunch of demons, skeletons and a lot of easter eggs in there.
Everyone tried to get in for 10mins +, and we all failed because we would get hit when getting in, then we get stuck and lamed by all monsters and just die.
It was a carnage.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
It was simply for event interruption, no hacking involved. Felix questioned Dennis and he admitted it himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
I got pillored 60 minutes a week ago for using dest scrolls at a bad event from Dennis.
It was Skeleton castle or something, just the castle on events island used, with a bunch of demons, skeletons and a lot of easter eggs in there.
Everyone tried to get in for 10mins +, and we all failed because we would get hit when getting in, then we get stuck and lamed by all monsters and just die.
It was a carnage.
Well damn... Dennis got no mercy "hell yea i gave him 90minutes, and i do it again!"

Quote:
I understand Max is new and he does need to some time to learn. I wasn't raging at him in anyway, I just think he's been thrown in at the deep end without be taught how to swim. If you are helping him to correct his mistakes and show him the ropes that's fine, hopefully he will learn. But to be honest, whoever hired him really should've given him a good walking through all the events and rights he needs to get familiar with.
Yea when i got hired by Iscariot, he took alot of time to show me the ropes with anything more complex, and was online alot incase i had any questions. It was easy to learn the ropes with guidance. However alot of what an EM does is common sense and something that becomes fluently easy with repetition, which is why I'm surprised Max is still having some issues while hosting very simple events such as Musical Chairs, Kart Race, Lucky Altars and Raffle. Haven't personally seen him host anything else.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
However alot of what an EM does is common sense and something that becomes fluently easy with repetition, which is why I'm surprised Max is still having some issues while hosting very simple events such as Musical Chairs, Kart Race, Lucky Altars and Raffle. Haven't personally seen him host anything else.
Yup, those are the only events he hosts.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Please report these instances to someone privately, ie: chaosorc.

We don't discuss these sort of things on the forums.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Closed Thread