Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:10 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
Pet system feedback

The system you tested this afternoon was only the beta version of the upcoming system. The map you tested on was only temporary, and in the future it will be easier to understand where the "wild" monsters are. I saw that people had trouble with that.

The wild tamers in the REAL version will be better thought out so that you can better go about battling them.

However, what is your opinion of the system in it's basic-core-state?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Other then the problems you already listed, there seems to be nothing wrong with the pet system.

P.S. are you ignoring my forum PM, or do you just rarely check them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 07-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like you to delete that map "christmas_forest" immediatly, since it's stolen from Elan on AEON.

This is getting insane, it seems like every time a former staff from AEON pops up on Unholy Nation, you guys come up with some simular ideas that we have, and now... what's up?
Steal our levels?
After all the things you guys have done, you should atleast get an warning from the PWAs.

Delete that map right now, or i'll have to talk to the PWAs!

Last edited by Vima; 07-06-2009 at 01:24 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
AEON isn't going anywhere anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 07-06-2009, 05:06 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin Send a message via Skype™ to Robin
I'd like to test it anyway, as you know I'm always full of helpful suggestions

Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I would like you to delete that map "christmas_forest" immediatly, since it's stolen from Elan on AEON.

This is getting insane, it seems like every time a former staff from AEON pops up on Unholy Nation, you guys come up with some simular ideas that we have, and now... what's up?
Steal our levels?
After all the things you guys have done, you should atleast get an warning from the PWAs.

Sadly, you're but another person in line waiting for stolen content to be deleted on this server.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I didn't even know how to hatch my egg. It said either break it or incubate it. I didn't know how to break it and incubating apparently would take time so I left.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
UN Manager
Quote:

Steal our levels?

I'm not sure what you're accusing me of personally in the first bit, but the map used was just a GMAP we've had on UN for almost two years now. I only used it as something easy to test the system on, and I had no idea it was "stolen" to begin with.

If similar ideas revolve around the pet system, then I have nothing to say. I've never played AEON, and wrote the plans up myself. I've barely worked for UN let alone any other server, so I'd prefer if you kept the finger pointing to yourself.

I understand content theft is a big problem on Graal because a good chunk of players would leave a smaller server to work on a bigger server. It's the sad truth that the majority of people are in it for themselves, and not the server.

I however don't operate on that mindset and didn't plan to mimic, copy or steal any content from any other servers. If you want to say I did, than by all means go ahead and say
it. The GMAP used in testing will be deleted.

Quote:
Sadly, you're but another person in line waiting for stolen content to be deleted on this server.
PM me with what exactly was "stolen" and I'll have it turned over.

Quote:
I didn't even know how to hatch my egg. It said either break it or incubate it. I didn't know how to break it and incubating apparently would take time so I left.
We should have put down some signs for guiding the testers, but I'm afraid we missed that major detail. We assumed you would explore, and go next door to the 'lab' building for incubation.

As I said, when the system is moved from Dev to Unholy Nation, it'll be much more organized and easier for you to comprehend. This was just the beta.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
This is getting insane, it seems like every time a former staff from AEON pops up on Unholy Nation, you guys come up with some simular ideas that we have
You act as if these ideas are yours to claim. Almost every idea used in Graal comes from another game somewhere out there. I had the same problem when I created the EventBot for Era...people from AEON attacking me like they somehow invented automated events in games.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
I however don't operate on that mindset and didn't plan to mimic, copy or steal any content from any other servers. If you want to say I did, than by all means go ahead and say
it. The GMAP used in testing will be deleted.
That map was uploaded on Faded Nation, back in 2006.
Might've even been before. It was made by a LAT named TooT.
I sure hope that you will delete that map, aswell as the 'Speedbike'/car which i've allready told you to do numerous times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
You act as if these ideas are yours to claim. Almost every idea used in Graal comes from another game somewhere out there. I had the same problem when I created the EventBot for Era...people from AEON attacking me like they somehow invented automated events in games.
Yes, and that Shangri-La had an events bot before Era aswell.
"People from AEON" I cannot defend other players, players who probably aren't even staff on AEON.
Theres a fine line between having simular ideas, and steal ideas.
If a former staff leaves your server after working on a project, starts working on another server, and releases something that is very simular to the project that he worked on your server, then I would call that stolen.
After Streety now said that he found that map on Unholy Nation, I don't claimb that he "stole" the idea.
You have to understand, finding stolen levels + simular ideas in one week really makes you suspicious, especially when it's not the first time you find stolen stuff.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Developer
Novice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Novice
Quote:
That map was uploaded on Faded Nation, back in 2006.
I sure hope that you will delete that map, aswell as the 'Speedbike'/car which i've allready told you to do numerous times before.

Yes, and that Shangri-La had an events bot before Era aswell.
"People from AEON" I cannot defend other players, players who probably aren't even staff on AEON.
Theres a fine line between having simular ideas, and steal ideas.
If a former staff leaves your server after working on a project, starts working on another server, and releases something that is very simular to the project that he worked on your server, then I would call that stolen.
After Streety now said that he found that map on Unholy Nation, I don't claimb that he "stole" the idea.
You have to understand, finding stolen levels + simular ideas in one week really makes you suspicious, especially when it's not the first time you find stolen stuff.
Calm down, it's Graal.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Calm down, it's a temporary map on a non public server

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 07-07-2009, 01:14 AM
This issue has been taken care of through private PMs.
No need to talk about it anymore.
I'm sorry for bringing it up in the thread in the first place, should've PMed him.
I was just furious when I saw that map on Unholy Nation. Should've handeled my feelings better.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:20 AM
UN Manager
Quote:
That explains how it ended up on UN. During a Christmas event two years ago, the server held a monster hunting event. SZ asked TooT (as far as I know) to make him a gmap or something along those lines. TooT must have uploaded those levels instead.