Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
a/s/l
Elizabeth's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,018
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
agreed
__________________
<3
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 AM
FuManchu FuManchu is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 65
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
Edit: By the way, I went back and read the bit about recycling the Halloween events, which shows how much you've researched your argument. I came up with the prompt for the last 2 Halloweens when Crowfeather was Manager, and said he wasn't going to do anything for the holiday. I was GAT Admin, and put together the idea of the Halloween town (Evenvale), quests, etc. I utilized favored events like the hat contests to appeal to artists, and other types of contest for other interested people. The holidays were where I buckled down the hardest, to attempt and make up for lost time.
Recycling = using the same thing over again.. which you did. The only thing different this Halloween was the Wolf "quest" which IIRC required the player to just stand there in place slashing at the NPCs coming toward them. Then there was the Wolf fight which was pretty easy. Any 5 year old could do it.

By the way, I said something confusing earlier "I can't say the names of the FAQ applicants without permission, but since snoop said I could - yeah. He was ET Admin before".

I meant to say I couldn't list off any examples of FAQs rejected by you (they wouldn't want me) but I could give an example of an ET: snoop.

Edit: Anyway, Streety. I'm really sorry things had to play out the way they did. Whenever you were an Admin I thought you'd be a great choice when sz quit but you really just couldn't seem to get a handle on the whole thing. I know you really tried to get things done but you quickly began to become an unpopular Manage with how you handled players. This is why I agree with the PWA's decision: You took too long to get anything done so now it's someone else's turn to try to turn the server around. Good luck to you in whatever you choose to do and good luck to Backdraft.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Absolut_Crono Absolut_Crono is offline
Registered User
Absolut_Crono's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Streety summed up exactly what I was typing out about those quests too. I remember when he and Sub worked on those Holidays, and was about to set the record straight on it. The Holiday events that took place were ONLY because Streety wanted them done and worked to make them happen. If you have any Holiday items it is because of Streety's work to make holidays more enjoyable.

On a side note, I watched as many developers came along and offered help on one system or another and then subsequently dropped that project. Do you think it doesn't bother Streety to see these projects get dropped? Most of the ideas for these come from Streety himself, and as a staff who worked with him I can tell you he was FAR more excited about the projects than the average player, and suffered a far greater blow when they didn't come to fruition than any other Manager I have ever known.

If you dont like him because your friend didnt get hired for a position because they were not qualified than that is your choice, but Streety was by far the most competent person to run this server right now. Even now on UN there are people complaining FAR more that he is gone than people who are glad. The PWA made a unilateral decision to remove him without consulting him, the players, or the rest of the Staff team, and were wrong for it.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:58 AM
salesman salesman is offline
Finger lickin' good.
salesman's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,865
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Streety seems to care about the server, was he inactive or something? As someone who has been through a lot of management bull****, I just can't see the PWA removing him without a good reason.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:03 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
Refurbished, would probably be a better term. I reused the concept of the Halloween town this year (that I created) from last year, and put more spins and twists on it. The only real reusing I did, was taking the cupid NPC I had made for Valentines day last year, and using it the way it was this year.

I never said "NO!! DO NOT HIRE THIS PERSON!!". There were people, that as manager, I strongly implored not to hire. I voiced my opinion about these people, and left it at that. As Vicious said, I assigned him to the task of handling hirings. If anyone told a team admin that they couldn't hire a specific person, it was him, and always for good reason.

There were several FAQs I strongly implored not to hire as well. They were the ones who had been hired before, and were fired for either inactivity, or malicious use of rights. I am a stickler for rehiring staff who were fired for inactivity. I always allowed administrators to weigh the scenario on their own, though.

We didn't even have a blacklist like there was when I was hired as GAT, under subzero, and Spryte's dual management.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:04 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Streety seems to care about the server, was he inactive or something? As someone who has been through a lot of management bull****, I just can't see the PWA removing him without a good reason.
I was not inactive, and was on every day lining up our projects. I'm trying to be as meek about asserting myself as I can here.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:05 AM
FuManchu FuManchu is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 65
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
If you dont like him because your friend didnt get hired for a position because they were not qualified than that is your choice, but Streety was by far the most competent person to run this server right now. Even now on UN there are people complaining FAR more that he is gone than people who are glad. The PWA made a unilateral decision to remove him without consulting him, the players, or the rest of the Staff team, and were wrong for it.
LOL Wow Crono you must be really upset.
I don't dislike him because he didn't hire my friend. It just adds onto the fact he's a bad Manager if he's going to allow crap to get hired over someone who would be good because of a personal grudge.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:05 AM
maximus_asinus maximus_asinus is offline
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,727
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not going to bother reading through the last few pages, I just wanted to say that Streety was an excellent Manager when I worked under him briefly. He represents everything I would look for in a Manager.
__________________
Save Classic!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Absolut_Crono Absolut_Crono is offline
Registered User
Absolut_Crono's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not upset, I just don't understand your logic in saying that to be honest. I was the person hiring FAQs, and not once did he say "Don't hire this person. Pick someone else." In fact, he gave his opinion about Scipio and I still hired him. The fact remains that you are assuming he didnt hire someone over a grudge, when he isn't really involved in the hiring much at all, only needing to give RC and rights when necessary. The fact remains that the more likely case is that your friends were not qualified for the job to which they applied, or were former staff who did not perform well near the end of their last time as staff.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 AM
FuManchu FuManchu is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 65
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
In fact, he gave his opinion about Scipio and I still hired him.
Should have listened to him.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:21 AM
papajchris papajchris is offline
Zeus Condero
papajchris's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,600
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to papajchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuManchu View Post
Should have listened to him.
You JUST said like three posts up that it wasn't right that Streety voiced his opinion on who not to hire because he has "personal grudges"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:22 AM
FuManchu FuManchu is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 65
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
You JUST said like three posts up that it wasn't right that Streety voiced his opinion on who not to hire because he has "personal grudges"
Wow you people seriously make me want to hit my head off a desk.
Where did I say anything about Streety having a grudge against Scipio?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 AM
snoop413 snoop413 is offline
Bert
snoop413's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 97
snoop413 can only hope to improve
Quote:
I never once refuted, or undid anything he did. I like to think the two of us had a fairly mild relationship, and had no problems. I supported any changes he did, and was always enthusiastic about it.
not according to him. and why are you saying you two had no problems? i remember you forcing yourself into a skype call with me and a few other people and started talking **** about luca, saying how you are looking for a reason to fire him and he pisses you off.

Quote:
I never once gave TooT a hard time for any rights she asked for, so long as she had a rational reason when asking for them. The two of us butted heads when I made her LAT Admin, because I felt like she was taking too much at a time, but that was a one time thing.
wrong. and besides, she was the only LAT and she did a ton of work. why wouldn't you make her LAT admin? if you never had she would still be the only one.

Quote:
Yes, I told Luca I would try to get his graphics done.
think he said he waited 6 months for those graphics.

Quote:
If you have any Holiday items it is because of Streety's work to make holidays more enjoyable.
most of these items were ones people already had.

Quote:
I never said "NO!! DO NOT HIRE THIS PERSON!!". There were people, that as manager, I strongly implored not to hire. I voiced my opinion about these people, and left it at that.
they are practically the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 AM
FuManchu FuManchu is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 65
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop413 View Post
not according to him. and why are you saying you two had no problems? i remember you saying yourself you were looking for a reason to fire luca.
Kind of like how he harassed Sting2Dope every day looking for a reason to fire him?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
Quote:
not according to him. and why are you saying you two had no problems? i remember you saying yourself you were looking for a reason to fire luca.
I said we had a mild relationship. The only problem we had, I brought up, which was an ongoing debate between the two of us.

Quote:
wrong. and besides, she was the only LAT and she did a ton of work. why wouldn't you make her LAT admin? if you never had she would still be the only one.
Wrong? Could you provide me with some examples of when I gave her a hard time? I had decided to make here LAT Admin several days after Vega001 emailed me his resignation. I didn't want to make it official until I knew she was going to be active. Old staff (which she is, having been hired multiple times) have a tendency to show up, and disappear within a month or two of being hired. As management, can you blame me for being cautious?

Quote:
Yes, I told Luca I would try to get his graphics done.
His tiles didn't come high on my priority list. Things come up, they get pushed down, and lost in the shuffle. I honestly don't know what to tell you. Management is a big plate to chew, and sitting down and doing a list of tiles is a time consuming process. Note the keyword try, bud!

Quote:
I never said "NO!! DO NOT HIRE THIS PERSON!!". There were people, that as manager, I strongly implored not to hire. I voiced my opinion about these people, and left it at that.
It was my job to voice my opinion to the administration. Saying "No", and doing my job (voicing my opinion) are two entirely different things. You guys are running in circles with this, but I just can't help but think you don't have all the facts. Assumptions are turning this entire conversation into a deadly battle of slander. I really don't like my name being soiled, because I do my best to keep my nose clean.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.