Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Just curious..

So yeah, I'm just curious. Is this project still going? Is it being left to die? Is ANYONE working on it to this day? I know Rufus is now managing the project, but what are you doing with it? Not sure if a thread like this has already been made, but I am too lazy to search. So, mind answering? DETAILS!

Edit: Rufus, not to call you out.. But I always see you on UN or online, but never really on Bomy Island or seemingly attempting to do anything for the server? Are you.. ???
Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Rufus is doing excellent.

Progress out the ying-yang.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Rufus is doing excellent.

Progress out the ying-yang.
Atleast someone can take questions seriously. Thanks for answering. ^_^
Old 03-13-2010, 08:36 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
It was not my intention to mislead you.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
I hope it opens soon. I so want to get back on this server .
Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
OMG ME2 BOMY MOON sosososo FUN OMG
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
bomy moon =3...

Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Notorious
Soto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Soto
I check back once every 3 to 4 months and still really no information

got plex?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:50 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Lot's of work left, so little quality developers or active ones (im inactive wutup).
Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
If there is progress being made it doesn't seem like many are hearing about it.

If you want quality developers to gravitate towards it then Rufus or someone needs to show that their time is a worthwhile investment.

I shared some ideas with Rufus before, and planned out a new Santerrain (flexing the old level-making muscle). Though even then, not much communication about where the server is going or what is being done. I get the impression that is dead or nearly dead.

I really want to see this server succeed.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Notorious
Is there any servers right now worth playing?

got plex?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:31 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soto View Post
Is there any servers right now worth playing?
Nope
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 03-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
If there is progress being made it doesn't seem like many are hearing about it.

If you want quality developers to gravitate towards it then Rufus or someone needs to show that their time is a worthwhile investment.

I shared some ideas with Rufus before, and planned out a new Santerrain (flexing the old level-making muscle). Though even then, not much communication about where the server is going or what is being done. I get the impression that is dead or nearly dead.

I really want to see this server succeed.
Oh no! They don't want to reveal all the awesome work that they are doing because it's supposed to be an awesome surprize! Just you wait (for another 5 years) and see, you'll love what they did! (next to nothing)

Pics or people will not believe you, lance made the same mistake long ago, people claimed there was lots done/being done but the ONLY thing hinted at was a bulleten board and a well, and even those were lacking with the amazement factor to the people that saw that post, with lance's project it was claimed to be so good, lance wanted such amazing talent (many people have put in apps and were rejected because they just didn't meet his level of quality) that you think it was going to be like GK only better and he wanted nothing at all leaked to the public, this lead people to believe, and many of them still believe, that nothing really was being work on, even to this day nobody would be willing to post any pics at all of whatever this super top secret level AAA+ clearance only project lance supposedly had going onto the forums.

Is it because someone decided to TRY to pick up where it was left off? Was there really a project at all? Is someone using some/most of what was left over? Are you starting from square one with your own super brilliant ideas for the server? I would like to know if anyone will take the time to use the Gostruct or whatever it's called in making 2001 again, it would most likely eleminate many of the tile errors of the current editer so there is less trouble with making things look excellent and it could give the server a fresh new feeling while being the same thing people enjoyed when it was in it's prime.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Well my guess is the server is just dying, doesn't seem like Rufus has really made an attempt to let anyone really know what's going on with the server. If it keeps up, it's just going to fall off the face of Graal without being given a chance to survive because the Managers all want to keep the server a "secret".. which is beyond my understanding as to why someone would do that? But yeah, oh well, cya around Bomy Island.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Notorious
I say just get the old Graal2001 files, levels, scripts and smack it back up! problem solved.

got plex?