Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Lets Stop Abuse On Graal? [Phase 1- Swearing]
Build a built in profanity stopper into Graal. 24 43.64%
Let people say what they want to say. 31 56.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2002, 05:31 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Also no need as stefan said:

Quote:
I dont like filters.
Then he said:

Quote:
Its like taping the mouth of a wolf!
Says it all really. And he finished with.

Quote:
Its in the agreement, there is no need for a filter, they should just be banned!
Old 11-30-2002, 07:17 AM
Delteria_Free18 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delteria_Free18 Send a message via AIM to Delteria_Free18
would solve tons of problems, but I guess his high interest in wolfs and duct tape keeps him from doing anything about it

........//////
.......( )
.-oo0-(_)-0oo-

Go To: Delteria.net :: Forums.Delteria.net ::
Old 11-30-2002, 08:11 AM
SaitoHajime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

You pay for those games. Graal isn't a game, it's a service. Big difference. You host your own servers with Half Life and Unreal Tournament. Graal hosts the servers, and you pay to use them. You don't pay for Graal itself, you pay to access Graal's servers.
Konidias: Last I knew I was playing a game of Graal. Perhaps a better way to explain graal is that it's both a game and a service, since you're paying for the service of accessing Graal's servers (service part) in order to play them, or work on them. (Game part)

Glory: An in-game overhead message "hider" if you have them ignored? Might be useful. But then, I hate to play devil's advocate, but what if the other person wants to apologize for acts commited previously? They have no way of saying so, except through other people. o.O

Old 11-30-2002, 08:26 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute

I think people should say what they want to say. Not only did we pay for this game, but I KNOW that people 13 and older are mature enough to handle the language and such. It's not like they DONT curse in real life and I know you guys have cursed on Graal many times in the past -.-;; If you cant take the language, go on another server or just ignore the person.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:29 AM
SaitoHajime is on a distinguished road
Re: ..

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerami
I think people should say what they want to say. Not only did we pay for this game, but I KNOW that people 13 and older are mature enough to handle the language and such. It's not like they DONT curse in real life and I know you guys have cursed on Graal many times in the past -.-;; If you cant take the language, go on another server or just ignore the person.
Someone didn't read the terms of service they agreed to when they signed up for a graal account

Wonder who it could be.

Oh wait, it's Gerami.

Suggestion: Read a contract before you enter into it.

Old 11-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Cynicism is on a distinguished road
Re: ..

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerami
We pay to use Graal as a service. Those who signed up are assumed to have read the rules and regulations, and are expected to adhere to them. If people have a problem with being denied profanity to express themselves then they don't belong in Graal. It's not Stefan's or Unixmad's fault that people get punished for using explicative terms in a public game that is being played by people of different age groups.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:51 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Damn this argument is still going on! It was settled, Stefan wont add one.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:50 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Hey o.o;;

The Graal staff on the servers that are not "official" (classic, graal 2001 and 2002) there own staff curse -.-; No one actually follows the rules, Im not saying let everyone curse all day. Usually people who curse maybe once get a warning. But once they curse in every sentance, they get jailed. What im saying is that they shouldn't go ahead and let everyone just not curse, cuz sometimes theres always that one stupid **** that gets on your nerves >.o...