Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
So you delete my post because I CLEARLY proved you wrong in every single way. Good way to not let yourself look like a complete fool.
You aren't contributing in any way with your post, the whole point of your posts is clearly to harass and incite some sort of raged response out of me. I really can't figure out if you're trying to be some sort of elusive troll or if you really are that dumb.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You aren't contributing in any way with your post, the whole point of your posts is clearly to harass and incite some sort of raged response out of me. I really can't figure out if you're trying to be some sort of elusive troll or if you really are that dumb.
Lol, he wins.

Anyway I've been playing Zodiac a lot now and gotten pretty decent. My only main rage or thing I seriously dislike is the mass of 100% hit long ranged stuns. They are pretty ridiculous, if someone is far behind you then stops to cast one you can literally get over a level away from them but it will always hit, then they can just walk up and permastun/combo you in 1 session.

I mean, one or two of these on select classes (like assassin which would be pretty lost without the shadow bind skill). But just about any class can be concocted with one of these, such as gladiator which can already tank mass damage and utterly rape you with perma stun if you get close enough, but then you actually get the edge on one with hit and run and boom, your stuck mid-stride and they casually walk up and destroy you.

Then there's examples like Dragoon which pretty much only have 3 skills, and every single dragoon has to either jump + freeze + breath of fire or they are deemed utterly useless.

Basically what I'm saying is that skills should be reworked so if you get off the paved road you'll still be able to travel. Right now everyone just mashes the same 3-4 hot keys over and over, the only thing making either of them better being how expensive their gear is. Even in sparring, there is no real skill involved, the player should be able play the game and win. Their skill setups shouldn't allow them to, or eventually everyone's just going to make the same class with the same gear and its gg (a bit exaggerated but that's the final product of the current system).

Last edited by Supaman771; 09-14-2010 at 02:56 AM..
Old 09-14-2010, 03:07 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
biggest problem with zodiac was trying to apply WoW mentality/skills to graal

classes like thief look good on paper but when you'll be pretty damn lucky to land even 3 hits on the opponent it's pretty ridiculous
Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What could be done different or added to make the experience better? Obviously the lack of quests, importance to things like jobs has a lot to do with it.
I'll point out four distinct problems with Zodiac:

1. It's hard for many newbies to get into Zodiac.

a. They have to depend on others way too much to get far. One example is getting some actual useful gear for your character. You either have to fish for hours or painfully try to figure out TW and FC!
b. There's not enough incentives for exploring. Sure there are things to find like dungeons and trainers; but it's faster just to ask people or a FAQ to find those -- and that's very boring.

Solutions:

a. Add some interactive NPCs that give you directions on where to go. Give simple and easy-to-use commands like [Where is] and a sub-command such as [my trainer?]. Don't add one that gives you every answer though, add something like a Warrior NPC that gives you questions on Warriors and whatever.
b. Put some NPCs that give you helpful hints, or a quest, or whatever will keep the players exploring.

2. Leveling becomes incredibly stale incredibly fast.

I really don't need to explain this since everyone should know the deal.

Solution though? Well, guess you could start by giving a unique boss to a bunch of dungeons. All of them should give you a boatload of experience and some group drops. Should give them all skills like teleporting or whatever. Mix and match this!

Should also present other ways to fighting monsters. Like some that randomly roam on the overworld or whatever.

3. Not enough skill is used to play most classes.

Let's take a look at Dragoon's jump, it's a sure-hit attack. Okay, it does miss but it can be changed so you can manually aim where to land (and make it never miss). This actually would nerf Dragoons... but I guess you can compensate by giving it more damage and add more skills. Another idea is to make Mage's Crush a fixed location instead of magically following the player. Could make it an Area of Effect to help balance it.

I saw someone use a Ninja/Mage that exploited Zodiac's system by getting as many sure-hit skills as possible. I never saw that thing lose. Once people realize the key to winning is to use as many stuns, binds, and sure-hit skills as much as possible everyone will use those kind.

4. There's really not much incentive to do things once you're level 60.

Well, once you're level 60 you could join a nation and fight for it.

First, you need to have a good character. Oh, not good enough? Time to creset or make a new one! Time to deal with MORE insane boring leveling!

Second, you need some good gear. Oh, got no Nightblades', Archmages', or Battlemasters'? Have fun fishing for a whole day! Or, you could just wait for hours and hope to have your pathetic ungeared character invited to a TW or FC party and double++ hope that you actually get a good drop!!

Or, you could forget all that nation crap and join CTF for some good team fun! Did I mention that there's only three maps, and that 99% of the strategy consists of either chasing flag carriers or grabbing the flag as fast as you can?

---

Wow, I really typed a lot. I hope Jerret reads this. Criticism is welcome too.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
I disagree about your post about not enough incentive about exploring. RPG is all about exploring. If you ever played a console game, who do you go to in order to ask a question? I guess the internet works, but I enjoy searching and i've actually been in every tile of Zodiac for fun. It's great to do when you are bored and i've found some pretty neat stuff (I glitched on the Elmdale Island and found the Puppin Baddies). This game is all about being level 60 too. If you think leveling is fun, i'm sorry it's not. I could agree that they should make leveling less tedious and make it go faster (mainly cmping), but PKing/Nations/Sparring is what this game is all about in my opinion. I play one character and I still have fun on this game, I suppose simple things please me, but still. I'm not trying to dog everything you do, i'm just kind of defending Zodiac. Farming is boring, yes, that's why I never do it. So yea...
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
That's one of the things I've been trying to lower the barrier of entry to but I don't want to completely **** on the people who spent the time to get that '1337' armor in the first place.
I think it's gotten worse. I used to be an OK Druid with just my hand me down gear, but lately I can't even seem to remotely keep up. I'm not even talking about PVP, I know I'm supposed to suck at that but anytime I manage to join a party everyone under my care dies where before I could actually keep them healthy on the same exact bosses that I used to fight.

One other thing, unless your class is specifically geared toward massing and has some way of regaining health while you chip away at an entire room full of enemies...you are pretty much stuck doing either 1 or 2 monsters at a time, which is just tedious and slow at the higher levels.

Oh, one more thing. A link on the forums for the wiki would be grand.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Zeratul101 View Post
I'll point out four distinct problems with Zodiac:

1. It's hard for many newbies to get into Zodiac.

2. Leveling becomes incredibly stale incredibly fast.

3. Not enough skill is used to play most classes.

4. There's really not much incentive to do things once you're level 60.
1. Absolutely true, I'd still be running around leveling up on a random human char if you didn't walk me through every single little thing. <3 And even when I asked FAQs they normally answer as if though I know what they're taking about (Ie. When I was just starting I asked a FAQ what gear I should get for a Druid and they responded with 'AM shad' and I sat there like... wtf is that? '/lookup AM shad'... Item not found!).

2. Leveling is really boring, you just go to the same 5-6 dungeons and sit there while someone masses for you, 5-10 hours later you're cmped. Woo, but I really don't find any other problems with this (I sit there playing addicting games in a second window or watching tv).

I'd really love to see some newer monsters/dungeons, and it would be really cool if there were things like monster invasions or rebel uprisings. These would usually happen near a spawn point location (flag, fort, osl, some new invasion areas, etc.) and a would spawn monsters for a set amount of time, sending harder monsters (and bosses) as time goes on. After a set amount of time (could add a timer in the corner if the player is in the defending area), if the area stays defended, the defenders will be rewarded with random items based on how many kills and deaths they got. Or even a Invasion point system could be implemented with this (like CTF), and have prizes you can buy.

3. This was my main point in my earlier post, they should just rework the entire skill sets. Very few, if any, skills should be absolute hits or stuns... and they should think of some new things to add to make them better (like AoE damage, more damage or stun the closer to the central area you are, this could be really cool on Dragoon jump if it was point target. And the cmps could be for extra range/stun instead of extra jump chances.) Right now there are at least 2 skills, and for some 5+, that have the exact same effect. Mix it up!

4. There's a bunch to do, but its all repetitive and easily boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
One other thing, unless your class is specifically geared toward massing.....

Oh, one more thing. A link on the forums for the wiki would be grand.
Yea, I also find that annoying, but you can just leech off others or buy a hedgebane (works for all classes and is fairly cheap).

Bookmark/favorite it. Or, click here.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:33 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
The worst thing is that Zodiac is largely unfinished.

It's got all these huge islands and towns, and then what? 95% of the buildings are empty. Caves with nothing in them. Vast expanses of water you swim through, ignore, and go to the next grinding room. There is a whole island that I'm pretty sure you can't even access. And most of the other ones only have one dungeon to merit visiting it.

Zodiac desperately needs to be shrunk down. Combine the unfinished feel of the gmap with the gross graphics they make no attempt to fix, the class rebalances that was almost randomly sprung up, and the "inside information" that new players have no means of getting, and Zodiac is one of the most unprofessional servers out there. And that's saying a lot when it's being compared to the rest of Graal
Old 09-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
the only problem with zodiac are the sins high damage, nerfing it a bit but make it better imo, also i hated to see that FL didnt have any cmps skills to max, adding a "add 3% magic/melee damage to all blue slots skills" thing too hard for you?

zodiac is the best server on the classic tab right now.

Edit: Dragoons doesnt need more skills, they are balanced, you just suck with it.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
the only problem with zodiac are the sins high damage, nerfing it a bit but make it better imo
lol
Old 09-25-2010, 06:51 AM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
my biggest problem with the server was spending 60+ hours getting a mage class to 50 , only to come back days later and discover it was level 1 again due to a serverwide reset . it's nice to know how unfair it is for some to have an advantage over other's , yet no one cares how unfair it is to put all that work into something to just have it taken away due to a change to the server .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 09-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P View Post
my biggest problem with the server was spending 60+ hours getting a mage class to 50 , only to come back days later and discover it was level 1 again due to a serverwide reset . it's nice to know how unfair it is for some to have an advantage over other's , yet no one cares how unfair it is to put all that work into something to just have it taken away due to a change to the server .
zod hasnt reset since then, though, and it takes like 2 days to reach level 60 or 1 if you're not lazy like me.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:07 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The issue that I have with servers like Zodiac, GK, etc is that a noob, no matter how much skill they have, literally can't beat a regular player because of the combinations of gear needed, health/damage bonuses, etc.
I agree with the Zodiac part and a bit with the GK part.
Because in GK you need to be a high lvl with decent equips (decent equips, so not the uber leet equips) to kill someone else in the gmap.
But a noob in GK is pretty capable of defeating a "oldbie", depending on the noobs skill, in a arena or spar event.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
the only problem with zodiac are the sins high damage, nerfing it a bit but make it better imo, also i hated to see that FL didnt have any cmps skills to max, adding a "add 3% magic/melee damage to all blue slots skills" thing too hard for you?

zodiac is the best server on the classic tab right now.

Edit: Dragoons doesnt need more skills, they are balanced, you just suck with it.
Aka:
I got owned by an assassin so you should nerf it, I also want a CMP for FL cause it isn't oped enough and it's an easy thing to add. Zodiac rocks, and I think dragoons are balanced, you just suck.*

*Grammar added for readability.

That is all I got out of that post unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P View Post
Everyone else got reset too, don't hold a grudge on the server, they didn't randomly say "hey let's reset this kid".

You can easily go from level 1-60 and fully CMP in a couple of hours... even fewer if you have the right conditions (exp pots, BC, exp weekend, exp items, nation exp II buff, etc.) It's not even a hassle, watch TV or mess on facebook and switch rooms every minute or so.

Like I said, everyone who played the server at that time had the same thing happen and probably 90% of them spent more for it than you. Why should anyone care? Baby...

Goes back to the main topic with an idea...

I think Zodiac should take a page out of Era's book (yea I said it...) and add some preventions to make pk smoother and fairer. Main example from Era being the pk system Chris made. Or something done to prevent people from running, mainly into buildings. If one player initiates a fight (attacks someone else) and the other player returns an attack, they should be locked into a 'battle mode'. In this they can't enter a building until one of three things happen ending the battle:
1. They kill the target.
2. They, themselves, die.
3. Fighting ceases (neither player receives damage for 5 seconds).

Using camouflage, stealth, feign, stuns, or swimming away could potentially break the battle, allowing you to run away. However if you were to be attacked and don't counter-attack, the two players would never enter 'battle mode'.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:03 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Zodiac needs to be taken down and then finished