Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
It will improve servers how exactly? By kicking out players in the midst of an event because his 5 hours are over? By Decreasing the player count every once in a while because the 5 hours of some other players were over as well?
For some people, there are no "other enjoyable servers". You can't send Era players to UN saying they got some CS clone or whatever. You can't send them to Zone because that's just completely different anyway. Life is not "as usual" when you are forced to go somewhere else every 5 hours.
a pretty irrelevant post. i already told you how it'll improve servers. when i said "life as usual", i mean whenever they are able to return to the server they want to play the most.

Quote:
I suggest you let the others decide whether your idea is bad or not. Others as in all the other forum members and possibly also Graal Online management members around here.
I don't care if you "studied" psychology or whatever and think you can predict the mass of players. Obviously you can't, and you don't seem to be aware that your idea as it is now would be a pretty stupid "gameplay" addition interfering with lots of things.
my idea is pretty good, no one has proved to me that it's a bad idea. there have been good points raised but like i said earlier.. for every idea, some people like it, others don't. in this case, more people would benefit in the long-run then not. as for the bolded part, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Your idea assumes that every server they play will be enjoyable, and that simply isn't the case with Graal.

It definitely does not improve servers either.

Now I still think you need to make this into a poll so the numbers can effectively show how well the idea is liked or disliked. Considering our posts aren't getting through to you.

Here I even asked players of Zodiac over shout channel (unfiltered).
Obedience (60 Thief): I wouldn't like it, but i'd just go to era.
^ this is EXACTLY what i'm talking about. he would accept it and go to another server, and that server, with a nice variation of servers would be inspired to develop more efficiently. thanks for that, fowlplay.

as for making a poll, how do i make a poll in a thread already created? i don't want to make a thread just for a poll about this and have two threads going on about the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
This is what I think.
If I am going to pay to play/develop, I do not want to be kicked off servers I decide to play/develop.
It's a bad idea no matter how you look at it.
well like i said earlier, this system would do more good then harm. sure, it would annoy/anger some players, but there are a LOT of benefits. maybe this idea could just be put in for a couple months, and then when the servers finally increase in quality exponentially, stefan could let you play a server as much as you want

see guys, you don't have to insult me and put a negative spin on my threads to have a civilized discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 07-15-2009, 02:04 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
i want to write a post that can tell exhausted, in a way that he understand and respects completely, that his ideas are completely useless in helping graal in any way; that no one has ever supported any of his ideas and probably his further ideas since they are so unconventional and outlandish, and that they will never, ever be implemented into graal. i'd also want to write the post in such a way that it is not degrading way towards exhausted personally, nor post in a way that conveys that he should stop posting - only that he should really think through on these ideas before posting them, looking very closely at the negative affects his ideas would create and the trouble it would be in implementing them, that he should learn how to take constructive criticism instead of assuming everyone is out to make fun of his ideas, branding them a "troll" instead of realizing that people are just posting, and that if he would admit his mistakes and admit that his idea really won't help graal at all, that the rest of the forums would be a lot more accepting and gentle in the way that they disagree with any of his further ideas

however, i don't have the time nor the patience to type such a post out, and i highly doubt exhausted cares anyways. well on the way to a double red-rep (if that's even possible)
Old 07-15-2009, 02:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I figure the only way to make a poll would to create the new thread with the poll and have Darlene merge the two threads together for you.

But back to the topic..

There are NO solid benefits, only short-term for maybe a day of playing then the player will quit because he's sick of not having any freedoms of which server he can play only that he has to make a choice for 5 hours, then suffer another 5 on a server that he may or may not enjoy.

There is no sense implementing this idea, because there's already people who change servers when they want to play something else.

Like I said before, it should be the Management of the servers that make the effort to advertise, provide updates and get their server out there. Not by some sort of lockout system.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Someone close this thread, looks like everyone is gonna reply forever x_X
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
...that no one has ever supported any of his ideas...

......only that he should really think through on these ideas before posting them, looking very closely at the negative affects his ideas would create and the trouble it would be in implementing them.....

....that he should learn how to take constructive criticism instead of assuming everyone is out to make fun of his ideas...
people have supported my ideas, even someone earlier in this thread. i do think about my ideas before posting them.. why do you think diferently?

i don't randomly label people a troll when they disagree with me. i've said this like 10 times. sometimes i get flamed/mocked - that's trolling.

Quote:
Like I said before, it should be the Management of the servers that make the effort to advertise, provide updates and get their server out there.
i completely agree with you there. hmm how about

you have 5 hours of play time on your favorite server and then you have to play for 2-3 hours on other servers... or 8 hours on your favorite, and 4-5 hours on another before you can go back to your favorite, and then managers can advertise so people will want to spend most of their time on that server and keep coming back after they're locked out and then let back in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
Someone close this thread, looks like everyone is gonna reply forever x_X
if this thread gets out of hand, darlene will close it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
people have supported my ideas, even someone earlier in this thread.
Where? Only one person said he wouldn't have thought of it himself, not that he supported your idea.
To be honest, no one has supported it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-15-2009, 06:08 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
i try not to be rude to people, but Exhausted, you are not the brightest crayon in the box. How does making players go to another server solve anything? Like many said above, i'd just log off graal and go take a nap or watch a movie. Could you imagine if say xbox made you switch games every 5 hours? It sounds so stupid that I can't even think of a word to describe you idea. Maybe "super stupid?" You lost alot of credibility if you even had any in my eyes!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:15 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I still don't believe a player should have to decide how long they want to play on one server, and have to be kicked or feel like they're doing a laborious chore by going on another server for a few hours vs playing the server they wanted to.

The only thing that could be taken from this idea is getting people to explore the different servers of Graal, but instead of by force provide some sort of bonus or prize to spending time on many different servers which would maybe give them some incentive to try something new.

Even then that is something that the management of each server should think about, creating updates that would attract new players.

I.e: If you haven't played <Servername>, why not come and try it now! We are giving away <Small Fun Prize> to everyone that logs on!

It's not something you can really do weekly but it doesn't hurt to try and do it every month.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 07-15-2009 at 07:11 AM..
Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
The only thing that could be taken from this idea is getting people to explore the different servers of Graal, but instead of by force provide some sort of bonus or prize to spending time on many different servers which would maybe give them some incentive to try something new.
This would be doable if the servers would cooperate more. The quality of the game would be raised as a whole and ideally would attract new players (and subsequently new developers).

That said, it really makes me wonder sometimes...
Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
How simply can I put this?

It won't happen.

When you pay for a game, you play the servers you want to play on. Playercount does not need "spreading" because it already works that the good servers get the most players.

If a server doesn't have any players, it means that they should improve that server to attract more players.

It's as simple as that. Sorry.

Won't happen.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
what makes you think you can speak for the entire graal population?
Most of graals population is posting in your thread, and dissagreeing with it.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
and what would happend to the UC servers?
Would I be forced to play on Graal Ghetto for 5 hours to be able to develop on AEON. Haha, doesn't make any sence.

I don't know if you are kidding or what, but I have to agree with Crono.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
OH MY GOD LOL.caps

It's as if his ideas get worse and worse.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Exhausted, just stop posting and trying to defend yourself.
You have ideas and all, but as you can see we all disagree with this one, so just stop trying to justify yourself, this will never happen anyway
Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
Exhausted, just stop posting and trying to defend yourself.
You have ideas and all, but as you can see we all disagree with this one, so just stop trying to justify yourself, this will never happen anyway
Do you honestly believe he thinks the idea is good? No he doesn't, the whole point of this thread and the other threads he has made is to annoy the people posting in the threads.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Do you honestly believe he thinks the idea is good? No he doesn't, the whole point of this thread and the other threads he has made is to annoy the people posting in the threads.
I really hope thats the case, because otherwise i really must start having doubts about his sanity.

furthermore,
exhausted, you keep saying that there are more good sides then bad sides to this idea, yet everyone has dissagreed with it, and given reasons for it. Yes you keep saying that is has more good sides, but i have not seen you name them yet.
Closed Thread