Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 10:46 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Call them "useless staff with no power"for all i give a ****, just having an active person to promote raiding and host mini events / reliable host for gang event can make all the difference
Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I agree @ Eclipse. The players need to be babied into raiding.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
era needs that wil soul type of player that will make everyone raid.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:41 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I was always a firm believer that "admin" positions are nothing more than an excuse to give someone power. majority of the time, those people aren't even the ones doing any of the real work. if the gang admin wants a new gang system or feature, who's coding it? certainly not him.

it's honestly a responsibility that a server manager should have no problems handling.

if the server needs a specific person to hold everyone's hand and entice them to participate in gangs, I think that reveals a bigger problem that needs to be resolved that a gang admin can't fix.
These days are over. Servers don't need multiple administrations, nevermind prestige staff members that step down and maintain there rights. At most servers only need one admin and possible a head of every department. Once they step down, there rights should be adjusted accordingly. If they resign, they should be removed from rc entirely.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-19-2015, 05:27 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure where it was mentioned prior, but I did do a poll in the past and the players wanted gmap bases over the old style bases. Thought I'd put that out there.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Rigged poll.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:30 PM
bring old gang bases back, but still keep a npc at unstick for the "raid" level if raiding does get to active for the bases
Old 02-20-2015, 12:52 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I don't disagree, but there is a benefit to having someone who can host gang events with some regularity and reasonable level of quality. It doesn't really matter who that person is, but Gangs Admin or ETA was usually a good choice.
eta is probably the only admin position that I don't see as a big deal because managing events team staff is a petty job that the server manager shouldn't have to deal with, and they don't require rc. I wouldn't mind seeing an eta in charge of gang events. I don't think gangs require enough content to be created to the point where you would need a gang admin with dev capabilities, so there's no point in having a gang admin with rc if all they're good for is hosting events.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
eta is probably the only admin position that I don't see as a big deal because managing events team staff is a petty job that the server manager shouldn't have to deal with, and they don't require rc. I wouldn't mind seeing an eta in charge of gang events. I don't think gangs require enough content to be created to the point where you would need a gang admin with dev capabilities, so there's no point in having a gang admin with rc if all they're good for is hosting events.
Gang Admins are only good for hosting"< This line comes up a lot recently. The only reason Gang Admins are only good for hosting is because they aren't given any other rights to do anything else. Teach them to develop, help them work on projects etc give them a reason to use their rights. It's a team effort.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:13 PM
~ETA on Delteria~
ToreG is on a distinguished road
I'll go ahead and set the record straight -- the ETA, PRA, and Housing Admin positions have all been absorbed into one singularity; the PSA. The PSA is in charge of ALL non-development related issues and branches. As far as I know, there will be a separate entity for the Gang Admin. The PSA can choose an Asst. PSA to help him/her with managing these branches. Apart from the PSA and Asst. PSA, they can pick someone to supervise each of the branches if they so-desire. The supervisor can act as a mini-Admin of the given branch. They can report all issues to the PSA and Asst. PSA, should they arise. The supervisors will be given little to no extra rights. As far as the Events Team branch is concerned, the PSA and Asst. PSA will act as the ETA and AETA, and I will be the supervisor. I will manage the Events Team to a lesser degree than the PSA / Asst. PSA and may be in charge of hirings in the future. At this current moment in time, I will be in charge of Gang Events come Sunday.

I hope this clears some things up.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToreG View Post
I'll go ahead and set the record straight -- the ETA, PRA, and Housing Admin positions have all been absorbed into one singularity; the PSA. The PSA is in charge of ALL non-development related issues and branches. As far as I know, there will be a separate entity for the Gang Admin. The PSA can choose an Asst. PSA to help him/her with managing these branches. Apart from the PSA and Asst. PSA, they can pick someone to supervise each of the branches of they so-desire. As far as the Events Team branch is concerned, the PSA and Asst. PSA will act as the ETA and AETA, and I will be the supervisor. At this current moment in time, I will be in charge of Gang Events come Sunday.

Which makes zero sense. PSA was always a useless tag. Just leave the ETA to ETA. Leave Gang Admin to gang admin.

Who's going to manage gangs? Nobody in the current staff team have a clue about gangs. Also the hosting of these gang events have been severely poor the last couple of months.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 PM
~ETA on Delteria~
ToreG is on a distinguished road
I didn't make things clear to debate anything, I did it to make clear what has happened and what is going to happen, with no wiggle room. The Gang Admin tag will remain, to my knowledge. As far as hosting gang events goes, I will be training some ETs on how to properly host them, so that hopefully in the future, gang events will be more often hosted. Hopefully, one day gang events will occur way more often than they currently do.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Quote:
I'll go ahead and set the record straight -- the ETA, PRA, and Housing Admin positions have all been absorbed into one singularity; the PSA. The PSA is in charge of ALL non-development related issues and branches. As far as I know, there will be a separate entity for the Gang Admin. The PSA can choose an Asst. PSA to help him/her with managing these branches. Apart from the PSA and Asst. PSA, they can pick someone to supervise each of the branches if they so-desire. The supervisor can act as a mini-Admin of the given branch. They can report all issues to the PSA and Asst. PSA, should they arise. The supervisors will be given little to no extra rights. As far as the Events Team branch is concerned, the PSA and Asst. PSA will act as the ETA and AETA, and I will be the supervisor. I will manage the Events Team to a lesser degree than the PSA / Asst. PSA and may be in charge of hirings in the future. At this current moment in time, I will be in charge of Gang Events come Sunday.

who the hell are you
Old 02-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
Quote:

And I'll go ahead and say that this is just a test. I personally think the PSA tag was a joke and was all for when we removed it. Also, I believe an ETA is needed, as PSA/PRA/GPA or what ever you wish to call him has bigger problems to handle then making sure ETs are on tag and not idling.

I also believe ETA doesn't need RC, and I also believe a Gang Admin isn't really required, however we've hired one to help get the raiding going.

We'll see how this goes, and I'll probably be adjusting it accordingly in the next few days/weeks to fit our needs.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:39 AM
Animations Artist On Era
ChainGang_DX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ChainGang_DX
Still don't think its fair for a Gang Admin to not host gang event's (lol) , might as well give them the "Creative Director" position. I'd say they need to put in the actual work now that the Script guy's are doing all the work! Either way let's see how this goes.. 2nd gang admin in less than 2 month's, eh what could possibly go wrong!.

Scoper Zephlyn (Sat Oct 15 14:53:42 2011):
owned.

Last edited by Darlene159; 02-23-2015 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: dont evade the filter, read the rules