FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Hell yeah

it still was less usable than the classic site before it, but hey, it looked decent
I second that.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:07 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
This would all be solved if they simply got someone who knew what they were doing.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned
I know sql + php + xhtml 1.1 + css and could easily make a replica of http://web.archive.org/web/200312141...aalonline.com/ using my knowledge... for free.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned
Vimerge will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
I know sql + php + xhtml 1.1 + css and could easily make a replica of http://web.archive.org/web/200312141...aalonline.com/ using my knowledge... for free.
/clap
Old 07-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimerge View Post
/clap
nedm...
Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Okay. If you are actually experienced with any of the listed skills, you should be able to create this rather generic database model in an efficient and timely matter "using your knowledge":

There are users, posts, and comments. The user to post relation is many to many, the posts to comments relation is one to many.

Provide a simple database model of this. Also provide the SQL statements to show all users, show all posts from a user, and show all comments from a post. Should take about 15 minutes.

Cheers.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Okay. If you are actually experienced with any of the listed skills, you should be able to create this rather generic database model in an efficient and timely matter "using your knowledge":

There are users, posts, and comments. The user to post relation is many to many, the posts to comments relation is one to many.

Provide a simple database model of this. Also provide the SQL statements to show all users, show all posts from a user, and show all comments from a post. Should take about 15 minutes.

Cheers.
char* posters[100];
char* comments[100];
char* posts[100];

for (i = 0; i < 100; ++i) printf("%s\n", posts[i]);

no big deal really
Old 07-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:

Cheers.
do you think you could elaborate on how his listed skills of php and xhtml and css would enable him to design databases
Old 07-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:

Cheers.
if you are so smart why dont you come up with a database schema for a database that can hold your mom

oh thats right you cant
Old 07-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Banned
Haha. :P

I can design website-layouts, I'm not a database designer, although I can create databases and read/write from 'em with PHP. This is not the issue. The thread was about getting the old webdesign back to make the site more readable and easier to navigate on. Which I think I could do. I'll even make it use W3-standards. The databases would most likely already be there to use.

If I missunderstod what you were saying please repeat yourself with other words. My first language isn't english so there can be missunderstandings.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 AM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Haha. :P

I can design website-layouts, I'm not a database designer, although I can create databases and read/write from 'em with PHP. This is not the issue. The thread was about getting the old webdesign back to make the site more readable and easier to navigate on. Which I think I could do. I'll even make it use W3-standards. The databases would most likely already be there to use.

If I missunderstod what you were saying please repeat yourself with other words. My first language isn't english so there can be missunderstandings.
Oooor if GraalOnline wanted to use their old layouts they could just dig them out of the archive and put them up again instead of trusting their business databases into the hands of some dude on their forum.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:30 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
if you are so smart why dont you come up with a database schema for a database that can hold your mom

oh thats right you cant
That's quite the tall order there chief.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
So things havent changed :O!
Not even a statement ?
Unix dished out a large amount of money for this website, and no matter how much we hate it, he's not going to let his money be wasted.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:46 AM
Banned
Quote:
Oooor if GraalOnline wanted to use their old layouts they could just dig them out of the archive and put them up again instead of trusting their business databases into the hands of some dude on their forum.
That's true. But I could make it on another server, then send a package with the files to unixmad or whatever. Well, well, doesn't matter. I just wanted to be nice and help out if needed.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Banned
Quote:
do you think you could elaborate on how his listed skills of php and xhtml and css would enable him to design databases
Quote:
I know sql

Oh by the way

PHP Code:
CREATE TABLE Mom (
firstName VARCHAR,
lastName VARCHAR,
age INT,
pounds BIGINT UNSIGNED

What's next boss? Burn down the building because you're taking my stapler?